Can you all please stop bashing Sachin??

Yes his performance has declined over the last 3 years or so, but injury has also dogged him quite a bit. Even with his reduced performance, there is still not enough talent and grit in the Indian cricket scene to drop him and play another newbie. I would pay money to see his shots even towards the twilight of his career. He wants to go out with a bang and I think he will. Let him do his thing and stop pushing stats to denounce him. It is getting tiring. And no......I am just a lover of cricket.......no special fan of Sachin....Gavaskar was my idol and even he has been accused of being selfish, egotistical, etc. Even he had several long patches of poor form, but ultimately he went out with a bang (89 against Pak in that monster of a pitch in Bangalore, and then 188 in Lords').

good post.... he is the number 2 batter in the country inspite of indifferent form or ability or watever... until, he slips to below 4, there is no question of retiring him... if someone argues about how we will know until we give the others a chance.... the answer is replace the other batters.....

Yes his performance has declined over the last 3 years or so, but injury has also dogged him quite a bit. Even with his reduced performance, there is still not enough talent and grit in the Indian cricket scene to drop him and play another newbie. I would pay money to see his shots even towards the twilight of his career. He wants to go out with a bang and I think he will. Let him do his thing and stop pushing stats to denounce him. It is getting tiring. And no......I am just a lover of cricket.......no special fan of Sachin....Gavaskar was my idol and even he has been accused of being selfish, egotistical, etc. Even he had several long patches of poor form, but ultimately he went out with a bang (89 against Pak in that monster of a pitch in Bangalore, and then 188 in Lords').
Relax Sir. No one here wants to 'bash' sachin. They want the team to do well. If that means dropping sachin , SO BE IT. However , that stage hasnt come as yet.