Sign in to follow this  
SightForTheGods

India Vs. South Africa - ODI #2 Thread

72/3 after 20.2 overs. For some reason the new ones from the other teams seems to do pretty well. Chawla is not flighting the ball much today.

I Sharma's bowling way too short. The conditions demand the bowlers to pitch the ball up to let it swing but Sharma has been bowling short from ball one.

Dravid, missed the trick - he should have replaced Ishant an over or two earlier. He is a new addition to the team so probably hasnt worked on his fitness that much and having him bowl 6 overs on a trot was probably not the right idea

Crap Ramesh powar has given up on his sunnies and has taken up to wearing hair band ala Bracken :angry_smile:
as long as he does not leak runs he is fine even he looks like a monkey :cantstop:

Dravid' date=' missed the trick - he should have replaced Ishant an over or two earlier. He is a new addition to the team so probably hasnt worked on his fitness that much and having him bowl 6 overs on a trot was probably not the right idea[/quote'] Did he bowl him 6 in a row? I thought he used him in two spells, I could be wrong. Good point though.

How many times haven't we seen India strike early few wickets and then go on to conceed a lot of runs to South Africa since the last year? This one is heading the same way.

So Ishant bowling with VRV type of action and trajectory, also bowling like him :( With his height, he's not even getting bounce, he's just feeding the batsmen on the pads
I didn't see him bowl one ball that had the batsman thinking. Only if you bowl the ball up you have a chance to swing but he kept bowling short and from whatever I've seen of him there is not much swing noticably in his bowling. I'm sure he will learn very soon he has to pitch the ball up to get anything out of the conditions. Yuvi strikes with a bad ball. Duminy gone, cutting a short one outside the off straight to point.

Ishant is a nightmare. Can't bowl, can't field. Misjuged an easy catch and then let it go for a 4. Still, SA IS the no. 2 team, and I'd say we're doing pretty well to keep them on their toes on a foreign pitch with half the team down.

Rahul is such a brain dead kaptaan. lal is right, the game's not going anywhere but RD as usual is just letting it go along, instead of trying something, anything, new. Like, how about getting Ganugly to bowl...on second thoughts, that's a bad idea...

I think Powar has bowled pretty well, he has kept it tight. Bringing Yuvi wasn't a bad move. I was happy he didn't continue with Tendulkar, he was bowling pretty badly.

I have a baaaad feeling India is going to lose this one - despite Tendu's 50 in 200
sarcasm in bad taste.. y do u have to bring on this guy every min.. pls stop this sachin-bashing ..:sad_smile:

sarcasm in bad taste.. y do u have to bring on this guy every min.. pls stop this sachin-bashing ..:sad_smile:
Thisis the first time I've mentioned him...huh? Anyway, I apologise if I've hurt you...:embaressed_smile:

Rahul's brought Piyush in the 46th over, this is going to make or mar India's chance. Rahul's shown good confidence in the young fella but will he deliver though?

Yuvi has gained a lot of weight in the last 3 or 4 years. He cant move with the same agility. He seems to be struggling while chasing balls. Even cost us the wicket from the runout chance. He needs to lose 15-20 pounds

^ hall seriously is special.. one of the best all rounder around in int'l cricket.. seriously hall can bat well and bowl well too.. very handy underated
Kinda like a Bevan... and he gets bowled by of all people, yuvi

cricinfo

Moses emails in: "Rahul Dravid is the worst captain in the history of cricket. What is the sense in not utilising Zaheer Khan for his full 10-over quota? He has given away only 15 runs in 7 overs."
I was thinking exactly this.. dravid undoubtedly the worst.. stupidessssssssssssst india is gonna see more of this under his captaincy.. hope he quits this captaincy soon.. good for indian cricket

Sign in to follow this