Time running out for RP Singh

gator

With Aggy and Sreesanth recovering, time is running out for RPS.... he has not impressed anyone yet... he definitely has done enuf to be in the 15 or 18, but nothing great to be a certainty for the first 11.... lets see, if he will grab the opportunity next game.... Seems like Ishant didnt have a good debut.... i, personally didnt watch his bowling.... any reports on his bowling??

RP has had plenty of chances. I for one , rated him very highly. I though he had it in him to run through a top order on his day. But his performances till now , can at best be termed scratchy. He will be replaced by sreesanth surely.

Guest dada_rocks

Ishant sharma looks so bloody frail.. How the hell these guys manage to play professional sport is beyond me. I guess being tall he has advantage in domestic cricket; sadly that's not going to be enough in international cricket.

You have to remember RP is also fighting the flu so its not as if he is fully fit. I didnt see him bowl but he had impressive figures. I hope they give him an extended run. He is a good fielder and thankfully a horrible batsman so no i-am-allrounder nonsense.

Can we be clear on one thing please :- Are you folks writing off RP Singh for now or permanently ?
RPS has been the bridesmaid for too long... he is yet to grab his chance with something spectacular like Sree did in Jo'burg.... he is still the one competing for one pacer spot for a long time now and i dont think, he has done anything special to change the situation, this time around too...

I dunno whether to call this personal bias or blind faith , but i for one like RP Singh. I feel there is "something" about his bowling that i dont see in the other youngsters. Remember , he is just 20. He gets excellent bounce at more than decent pace. I feel he is THIS close to major wicket haul. As Gator mentioned in the above post , he has to take big haul like Sree did in S.A to cement his place. Till then , there will always be people questioning his selection. Its kinda ironical that questions are raised about team selection when we are winning. Just goes on to prove how its induvidual performances which keep you in the team , irrespective of the team's performance.

RPS has been the bridesmaid for too long... he is yet to grab his chance with something spectacular like Sree did in Jo'burg.... he is still the one competing for one pacer spot for a long time now and i dont think' date=' he has done anything special to change the situation, this time around too...[/quote'] Do you know how to anwer the question you quoted ?:stupid:
Also why is every one slamming Ishant. This kid will be a superstar. He is only 18' date=' is quite quick and is accurate. In 2 or 3 years time he will a regular. He has been taking loads of wickets in first class cricket[/quote'] Excuse me?? a super star??? doesnt even look to be close to a star let alone super star.. this kid has been brought to the international scence too soon. cant imagine how on earth, a guy who has played only 8r 9 1st class matches has been brough to the national side..only in India these things happen... pretty below ordinary stuff frm this guy...kick him bak to FC instead of wasting him in the bench..
Also why is every one slamming Ishant. This kid will be a superstar. He is only 18' date=' is quite quick and is accurate. In 2 or 3 years time he will a regular. He has been taking loads of wickets in first class cricket[/quote'] I dont know about the superstar thingy....but by jove he needs to bulk up! I was afraid he was going to be blown away by the wind whenever he was on his runup to bowl. looked fairly decent with his bowling....accurate n touching the 140's or late 130's.Long way to go yet.

i think RP did well this series but he needs to buckle down and gain some muscle (Lurker to the rescue!). he has the height, he is probing and can keep it quite tight, just needs more pace. to be honest, if a bowler bowls under 135kmph, then unless his shyte is as tight as glenn mcgrath's he will get his behind whooped. and we desperately need a bowler who bowls well over 140kmph. RP and VRV are our best bets. i like sreesanth but he is too valuable a bowler to be wasted in persuit of pace.