What's up Yuvraj

I've had his feeling since the first time I saw him this season versus Ireland. He looks lethargic in the field to say the least. Also I see no enthusiasm. In the early part of his innings there were numerous inside edges that could have gone on to the stumps, but all credit for gritting it out and seeing us home. But what's wrong with him? Knee injury playing up or he's just rusty?

Yes, I stated this earlier. He really has put on some extra weight in the last 3 or 4 years. He looks unfit and very poor when chasing the ball to the boundary. I reckion, he needs to lose some weight and get in shape. As you stated, it may be that he is cautious about his ankle injury and is not fully fit. In any case, he needs to lose some weight. At the moment, Karthik is the fastest mover in the field for India along with Gambhir in the outfield.

He may well have put on some weight. But when he came out to bat yesterday, one thing had been drilled into him by the senior batsmen, "Yuvi, don't go for your strokes too soon. Settle down, get your eye in, and only then, give way to your insincts. Your recent dismissals have been all because you tried to run before you learnt to walk. So take your time, boy." He was scratching around for the first three-quarters of his stay at the crease, while many of us grew restive, but I believe it was the right prescription for him.

He is still rusty after that knee injury. The team hasn't been doing well, so being the temperamental cricketer that he is, his form hasn't improved either. A few more wins, and a few more runs under his belt and you will see Yuvraj toying with every bowler he faces. I have all the patience in the world for a player like him - he has the aura of a true winner.

Umm...anyone of you know how it is to stand outside 'fielding' for 5 hours in almost freezing conditions ?
sure, I've fielded for upto 6-7 hours in freezing conditions. I play cricket in Canada. We've even practiced outside in the freezing winter in 0 degree condition. I'm a huge Yuvraj fan, and his fielding and his batting are amazing. I hope he starts looking a bit more enthusiastic soon. Even when he picked up wickets it was more like....oh ya, aight, cool. Instead of yeeeee...like he did before.
I noticed that he has triple chin now :giggle: Delhi walla Motu must be sending sweets to Yuvryj :hysterical:
Thats what I was saying. In the other thread, the video of him smashing the Aussies, he looks unrecognizable I reckon he's put on like 30 or 40 pounds since that innings
sure, I've fielded for upto 6-7 hours in freezing conditions. I play cricket in Canada. We've even practiced outside in the freezing winter in 0 degree condition. I'm a huge Yuvraj fan, and his fielding and his batting are amazing. I hope he starts looking a bit more enthusiastic soon. Even when he picked up wickets it was more like....oh ya, aight, cool. Instead of yeeeee...like he did before.
How's this for enthusiasm ? This is after we won :cantstop: 77071.gif
Thats what I was saying. In the other thread, the video of him smashing the Aussies, he looks unrecognizable I reckon he's put on like 30 or 40 pounds since that innings
30-40 pounds ?? Yaar u know how much that is ! Max 10 pounds I'll say