Torres all set for Liverpool

Sooda

Excellent signing for Liverpool. They need a powerful striker to lead the line and Fernando Torres fits the bill to the T. His game is also suited to the Premiership. It's a shame that they had to give up Luis García as part of the deal though Arsenal might nick Martins over the summer. He would be an adequate replacement for Henry.

That is all they do.Week in and week out. No surprise really...Rafa has always done that.If you had a chance to watch Rafa's Valencia, u will know what i am talking bot.:shades_smile: Some of the boring n dullest football u will ever see.

Yeah right. I don't think Liverpool are great to watch, but they don't play long ball. They did under Houllier though, but that is a different story... ...and Rafa's Valencia played BRILLIANT football at times, especially in '04. Vicente out on the left wing terrorising his markers, Aimar with his mazy runs, Rufete out wide with his deft passing, Baraja with his runs into the box, Fabio Aurelio's freekicks...they were great to watch. They won the double that season - Spanish league and UEFA Cup. Valencia supporters don't see that kind of football anymore, nor do they see that kind of success. Remember Valencia's goal vs Liverpool in a 2-0 win back in '03 ? One of the best series of passes i've ever seen. I'll look for it on youtube EDIT; found it -->

The video cuts out half the passing, but it's still worth seeing

Yeah right. I don't think Liverpool are great to watch, but they don't play long ball. They did under Houllier though, but that is a different story... ...and Rafa's Valencia played BRILLIANT football at times, especially in '04. Vicente out on the left wing terrorising his markers, Aimar with his mazy runs, Rufete out wide with his deft passing, Baraja with his runs into the box, Fabio Aurelio's freekicks...they were great to watch. They won the double that season - Spanish league and UEFA Cup. Valencia supporters don't see that kind of football anymore, nor do they see that kind of success. Remember Valencia's goal vs Liverpool in a 2-0 win back in '03 ? One of the best series of passes i've ever seen. I'll look for it on youtube
Yeah...Right. Aimar...Fantastic season that. That season...Everything wet thru Aimar for them and they tried to do the sam with liverpool wih Garcia, who is no Aimar. The problem with da scousers is that they dont have any decent wingers and so they have to play thru the middle n hoof it . Gattuso, i remember came out and said Liverpool are like an italian team only 10 years. old, :haha:

Liverpool have been playing much better football under Benitez for sure. Thyre not Arsenal or Utd but better than Houlliers lot. They still need proper good wingers, Pennant isn't bad and will come good for them, but they need someone down the left. Alonso/Gerrard are as good as any central midfield duo in Europe. If they get the right service in to Torres theyll be a major force... him and Bellamy will be a cracking front line...or they could just get Aimar to play off Torres...how sick would that be Valencia weren't the same post Rafa (better now with Villa/Morientes/Joaquin etc) but they ruined things by hiring Ranieri and a whole host of Italians. On paper they could have been one heck of a team- Fiore, Di Vaio ...but Ranieri just isnt a great manager IMHO- as Juve will find out...

Bent is quicker and stronger. Torres is better finsher. I guarantee Bent will score more goals in prem next year. Torres will need at least 1 season to adjust. As he is weak and a diver and slacks a bit. It will take a seson to iron these things out, if they ever do! Not sure class that Torres is is suited to Premership

Torres has the talent.Bags of it. I always believed he would be a hit if he comes to the Premiership. Is Liverpool the team to nurture the kid's talent and make him a superstar.....Im not sure. Now that he is well on his way to join Pool, he's just nether scouser for me to hate.:wink_smile:

Someone has obviously never watched him play...:hysterical:
I have seen him play loads. The kid has talent. But he is weak in the sense if it gets brushed he goes down rather then try to battle through. That wont work in premership. Look how long it took Drogba to adjust. But he will not be a hit next year he will need to adjust

I have seen him play loads. The kid has talent. But he is weak in the sense if it gets brushed he goes down rather then try to battle through. That wont work in premership. Look how long it took Drogba to adjust. But he will not be a hit next year he will need to adjust
Like hell he does. Torres is a powerful striker who has excellent balance and he holds the ball better than most. Here is just ONE example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv6y4KCWAPY Drogba didn't take long to adjust at all. He was injured for most of his first season, scored plenty in '06 and when fully fit in '07, being the main forward for Chelsea following Crespo's departure, he did what he was capable of.