Ambala: Terror plot foiled, 5 kilos of explosives seized from car at railway station

WC2011INDIA

Ambala: About five kilos of RDX, enough to trigger a massive explosion, two timers and five detonators were found in a car parked outside the Ambala Cantonment railway station on Wednesday night, after a tip-off about a possible terrorist attack. Intelligence sources said the RDX was not yet in IED (Improvised Explosive Detonator) form; it was not connected to any detonator or timer and so the blue Indica Car seemed to have been a carriage vehicle bound for a terror attack somewhere else. That, investigating agencies believe, could well have been near-by Delhi, especially with Diwali round the corner. When asked if the intended target of the terror plot could have been Delhi, Haryana's Director General of Police, Ranjiv Dalal, who along with senior officials of Haryana Police rushed to the spot, said, "Senior officers from various investigating and security agencies are here. We are probing every angle". Sources said the Delhi Police Special cell got a tip-off and they alerted the Haryana Police. A National Security Guard (NSG) team, including a bomb disposal squad, was also rushed to the spot. The car and the RDX is being brought to Delhi in a truck. The investigating agencies are trying to trace the owner of the car, which has a Haryana registration number which the police suspect could be fake. The car too could be stolen, they say. A sweet box with a Jammu address was also found inside the car. Security has been stepped up and the Ambala railway station has been cordoned off. All roads in the area have been closed temporarily. Special teams of the Delhi and Haryana police and the NSG are handling investigations.
Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/car-laden-with-explosives-found-at-ambala-railway-station-140746?pfrom=home-lateststories&cp I am visiting India in December and might not return to Canada. I wonder how I am going to live in India when every third day there is something happening. It is not a safe country at all. Everyone living in India, how do you live life without worrying everyday about losing your life in some disaster, accident or something....

guys just be careful while doing shopping and stuff during festive season . WC2011INDIA: Aree ,I live in Delhi .its not like that people die everyday in the blast .Yes ,terrorism is something we all will have to live all our lives .Nothing we can do about it . between .. GOod job by pOlice this time :clap:

I am visiting India in December and might not return to Canada. I wonder how I am going to live in India when every third day there is something happening. It is not a safe country at all. Everyone living in India, how do you live life without worrying everyday about losing your life in some disaster, accident or something....
:laugh: Stay in Canada instead, I would, its an awesome effing country.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/car-laden-with-explosives-found-at-ambala-railway-station-140746?pfrom=home-lateststories&cp I am visiting India in December and might not return to Canada. I wonder how I am going to live in India when every third day there is something happening. It is not a safe country at all. Everyone living in India, how do you live life without worrying everyday about losing your life in some disaster, accident or something....
arent you a Pakistani :hmmmm2:

Khalistan terror group says Sajjan Kumar was target

The explosives recovered from an abandoned car in Ambala on October 12 were being brought to Delhi by banned terrorist group Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF) to eliminate Congress leader Sajjan Kumar. The KTFÃÃelieved to be a breakaway faction of Babbar KhalsaÃÃŽade this claim in a ÅÑress statement e-mailed to some media houses on Monday, the 27th death anniversary of former prime minister Indira Gandhi. Kumar is facing charges of instigating a mob that killed six persons in Delhi during the 1984 anti-Sikh riots that followed GandhiÃÔ assassination. Ã…*et me make it clear that the KTF has no intention of killing any innocent person. The explosive material was meant to eliminate Sajjan Kumar, read the statement written in Punjabi. It also said the group would keep trying to target Kumar. Written on a letterhead dated October 23, the statement was signed by Jagtar Singh Tara, but was ÅÊssued by one Baj Singh Mohali. Tara, who hails from Ropar district in Punjab, was convicted for the assassination of Punjab chief minister Beant Singh. He, however, escaped from Chandigarh's Burail Jail in 2004 and is suspected to be in Pakistan now. Intelligence agencies had earlier suspected that the detonators and 5 kg explosives found in the car had been supplied by Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT). The KTF, however, said it had no ties with the LeT. Punjab's Director General of Police Anil Kaushik said, "In the past also, we have seen such letters surfacing where an outfit tries to make a claim for a particular incident to show its existence...We know who are behind this. Such letters will not affect our investigations."
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Punjab/Khalistan-terror-group-says-Sajjan-Kumar-was-target/Article1-763233.aspx

I am visiting India in December and might not return to Canada. I wonder how I am going to live in India when every third day there is something happening. It is not a safe country at all. Everyone living in India, how do you live life without worrying everyday about losing your life in some disaster, accident or something....
Don't give up your Canadian residency or permit to work/live. Your question suggests that you may be trying to buy a return ticket within a month if not sooner.

Don't give up your Canadian residency or permit to work/live. Your question suggests that you may be trying to buy a return ticket within a month if not sooner.
I don't have Canadian residency. I have a work permit that expires in 2013. I haven't been able to find a permanent job. My parents are getting tired of me looking for work, so want me to come back to India. If I visit India, there is 99% chance of not returning to Canada anytime soon. After 15-16 years I might....

I don't have Canadian residency. I have a work permit that expires in 2013. I haven't been able to find a permanent job. My parents are getting tired of me looking for work' date=' so want me to come back to India. If I visit India, there is 99% chance of not returning to Canada anytime soon. After 15-16 years I might....[/quote'] So you can come back and look for work using that Permit if you think you can't adjust to India? Regarding these terror attacks, if a person is unfortunate enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, ofc anything can happen. Then again, there are probably 100x times more road accidents than terror attacks.

So you can come back and look for work using that Permit if you think you can't adjust to India? Regarding these terror attacks, if a person is unfortunate enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, ofc anything can happen. Then again, there are probably 100x times more road accidents than terror attacks.
I would like to continue to search for jobs in Canada while staying in India. But tbh, Canadian employers prefer interviewing/hiring local people than candidates living overseas. Yet, I have been unsuccessful in finding a job. I was thinking of moving to Alberta, but my parents have lost faith in Canada. Any suggestions as to what I should do when I return to India? What companies I should apply with my background and qualifications? I am also thinking of studying and preparing for competitive exams. My only fear is that I might not be able to adjust to the extreme summers, crowd, dirt and dust in India. Living in Canada has kinda made me a softie. Everything seems easy here except finding jobs.

I would like to continue to search for jobs in Canada while staying in India. But tbh, Canadian employers prefer interviewing/hiring local people than candidates living overseas. Yet, I have been unsuccessful in finding a job. I was thinking of moving to Alberta, but my parents have lost faith in Canada. Any suggestions as to what I should do when I return to India? What companies I should apply with my background and qualifications? I am also thinking of studying and preparing for competitive exams. My only fear is that I might not be able to adjust to the extreme summers, crowd, dirt and dust in India. Living in Canada has kinda made me a softie. Everything seems easy here except finding jobs.
you have canadian work permit visa, doesnt that mean you were born and lived most of your life in india to bein with so why would you find it difficult to settle back in india

you have canadian work permit visa' date=' doesnt that mean you were born and lived most of your life in india to bein with so why would you find it difficult to settle back in india[/quote'] that is true. I am just saying that I have lived in Canada for 6 years now and I am kinda used to the environment here. I don't eat too much spicy stuff; easy to drive a car; close by grocery stores and shopping malls... I went to India in 2008 for a month and half. I got sick because I stayed at home most of the time. I don't have many friends in Delhi nor do I know the routes etc. to travel and stuff. So I was really bored.

that is true. I am just saying that I have lived in Canada for 6 years now and I am kinda used to the environment here. I don't eat too much spicy stuff; easy to drive a car; close by grocery stores and shopping malls... I went to India in 2008 for a month and half. I got sick because I stayed at home most of the time. I don't have many friends in Delhi nor do I know the routes etc. to travel and stuff. So I was really bored.
if you cant find work then getting married to a canadian girls an only option if you want canadian citizenship:winky: am sure you'd get used to it if u go bak to india and find work, daily working life would settle u down straight away tbh

if you cant find work then getting married to a canadian girls an only option if you want canadian citizenship:winky: am sure you'd get used to it if u go bak to india and find work, daily working life would settle u down straight away tbh
tbh, I am not interested in Canadian citizenship at all. I am more interested in being a permanent resident, but cannot get that unless I have a year of full-time work experience OR permanent job offer. Neither of which I have. :(( Maybe it's best for me to go back to India and do something there. I hope I will achieve something there...

tbh, I am not interested in Canadian citizenship at all. I am more interested in being a permanent resident, but cannot get that unless I have a year of full-time work experience OR permanent job offer. Neither of which I have. :(( Maybe it's best for me to go back to India and do something there. I hope I will achieve something there...
Is there any difference between canadian citizenship and being a permanent resident?

Canadian citizenship = losing Indian citizenship Permanent resident = remain Indian citizen but you get a PR card
So what's the problem man le lo canadian citizenship you willl get all benefits of canadian citizen :dance: As far Indian citizenship is concerned you will loose it on papers only "jab chahe aake rah lena kaunsa koyi tumhe yahan se nikalne wala hai"

So what's the problem man le lo canadian citizenship you willl get all benefits of canadian citizen :dance: As far Indian citizenship is concerned you will loose it on papers only "jab chahe aake rah lena kaunsa koyi tumhe yahan se nikalne wala hai"
Abey yaar canadian citizen banne se pehle permanent resident banna padta hai.

wc2011.. Don't give n keep trying..Which program and which university did you graduate from... I have been lucky cuz I did my engineering from University of Waterloo and had 4 offers lined up... tbh the trick to job hunting is keep applying.. Cuz Waterloo offers 4 month coop program, I worked in 6 different comapnies during my university life and during that whole coop(internship) program I easily gave more than 60 interviews in total during my university life.. that kinda taught me the tricks of the interview... Employers love folks who have good personality yet polite and simple... You have to show both shades during the interview..