Sachin Tendulkar and bowling track

Watching him over the years. I feel he gets fired up seeing bowler's pitch and produces his best. He realizes under this conditions, there is only one way that is counter attack. On good batting tracks, these days he is more sedate. dont know why?

Guest dada_rocks

me thinks he needs some challenge on personal level.. he has done it all so gets bored on sedate tracks but when find sthg challenging puts the bowlers in place annoucing what he is capable of

Another thread on Sachin ! Maybe he feels he has to set the tone for the innings , lead by example , when the conditions are tough , therefore going into an agressive mind-set. Though , i dont seem to recollect too many incidents in the recent past where he has actually delivered in such circumstances. Its his normal batting in flat belters that pain me more. When other batsman plonk their front foot forward and hammer the ball on the up, He , with utmost circumspect , gets into line and plays the ball as though his life depended on it...

i think, he is under pressure from Punter over the last coupla years, tht might have caused him to change his batting style, plus the injuries causing him to lose out on a major part of the lead.... he is more circumspect to make up for the lost runs....

He's played long enuff to know that any batsman will be dead meat on bowling tracks, trying to preserve his wicket, as its just a matter of time before a good ball gets him, even if he is set. You gotta make the most of the time in the middle, as even half decent bowlers can produce wicket taking deliveries in such conditions. Kabs makes a good point about his change of approach in difficult tracks in ODIs. But in tests i havent seen him change his approach since his 241 at Sydney. I hope he does.

One shot can change a batter's mood and form. We all know Sachin struggled against Mushrafe in Bangladesh on flat tracks simply because he wasn't looking to hit a short ball. Now when someone gets into that mode invariably it affects the rest of the strokes in anticipation of similar ball. The other day in the ODI he started similarly, trying to nudge around and pile runs. One pull shot he played changed his inning and wanted to hit anything short out of the park. Similarly a single shot in test cricket can also change the mindset. If Tendulkar succeeds playing positive cricket in the next couple of innings or three it will rub off and he will continue in similar vein in test cricket. If he fails in couple of innings or three he will again be under pressure to just nudge around and score runs in test cricket know that he had even scored 200+ runs against Australia playing that brand of cricket. It is not just the talent or ability in test cricket but it is the mindset that usually defines one's inning. I just hope Tendulkar succeeds playing positive cricket in the next couple of games.