Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

this just highlights the hypocrisy of some of you lads. when pakistanis accuse us of not having blistering fast bowlers, and mock our trundlers, we retort that pace is not everything, and given adequate talent, any batsman can handle pace. its control and movement. now today, when umesh is hurtling it in at near 90mph, you lads are glee with excitement, without stating a word about his obvious lack of control and line.

He got two wickets and that too it had to do with the pitch and the ball keeping low, nothing to do with skill. All he did today was bowl in the high 80s mph with almost no control in the beginning and people out here are calling him impressive, as THX pointed out that is just plain hypocritical. We should wait till the end of this series to see if this guy has any potential or if he is going to be another Mohammad Sami in international cricket.

Firstly..we are giving chances to a pace bowler on Indian pitches and expecting him to blow the opponent apart. Bowlers like him should've been tried out on the England tour but we all know which bowlers got chance to play there. So give a bit of rope to these young bowlers before reverting back to traditional "line & lenght" trundlers.. It's not that we have a ready made inventory of Tailunted phaaassst bowlers.. Most of us are relieved and happy that atleast a different sort of bowler is finally getting a chance to play other than run of the mill military medium line lenght trundlers. It's not that trundlers like VK etc. are blazing the pitches around..VK still bowls predominantly middle to leg line.. Of whatever I've seen of another trundler S Aravind, I'm pretty sure even Dhoni (given his love for trundlers) wouldn't like to take any risk, playing him..(but you never know what external pressures might be on him, given the pressure Karnataka ex-players are creating, behind the scenes).. So whatever be the performance of bowlers like Yadav etc. I'm happy that atleast he is getting another chance..He's not so bad bowler that he couldn't be given a long run. I mean what's the criteria of VK getting so many chances to paly in every match and series. Atleast give that many chance to bowlers like Yadav or Aron..

Yes Umesh wasn't devastating , but he has the ingredients to succeed,he can bowl 90 consistently, I wonder why Dhoni isn't excited.lOOK AT eNGLAND , aUSTRALIA ANY BOLWER CLOSE TO 90 THEY TRY TO BUILD THEM UP A YEAR IN ADVANCE,even 5 kph is a big difference speed wise but if your fastest bowlers can bowl 146 k, and rest of the trundlers bowl at 133 k max , that is a huge difference.Ganguly , Shastri seemed more excited then Dhoni, well played India anyways, lets see what Botham , Vaughan will now harp about , maybe comment on pitch and conditions lol , as always.

He was touching 90 mph consistently but didn't do anything with it. 90 mph leg stump half volleys and wide away going deliveries won't get anyone out. It could have been nerves but I didn't see anything impressive. He needs to work on keeping the ball outside off stump. Otherwise he is just cannon fodder. He has some good things about him though - a nice action for one, which u don't typically see in an Indian bowler, and pretty effortless run up and follow through. Lot to work with for fletcher and simons

He was touching 90 mph consistently but didn't do anything with it. 90 mph leg stump half volleys and wide away going deliveries won't get anyone out. It could have been nerves but I didn't see anything impressive. He needs to work on keeping the ball outside off stump. Otherwise he is just cannon fodder.
Yea 68-72 mph snorters outside offstump and half volleys are exactly the reasons India has dominated world cricket for the past 20 yrs :winky: The only way most Indian fans get impressed by a quick bowler is if he is playing in the opposition. I for one feel happy that yadav got a chance and got his name in the wickets column. He definitely deserves many more chances to live and learn.

Don't really worry that he was a little wayward today. Can happen due to nervousness. Am glad he had 2 wickets in the end after bowling at some good pace, will surely be more confident in the next match. VK surprisingly bowled at a decent pace as well. Hope he learns from that. Trundling at 127-128 kmph isn't going to very successful in international cricket. If he has in it him to be around 134-135, thats the pace he needs to be bowling at.

Yadav is promising but with his domestic OD record as it stands' date=' he has a lot of improving to do before he can be consistently international quality. That being said, we do not have many people knocking on the door so might as well give him a go.[/quote'] lol do you have a single post where you dont mention domestic OD cricket? Anyway, I think Umesh Yadav is better suited for tests because he bowls a heavy ball and generally moves the ball a bit more with the red ball. Having said that he does seem to have the ingredients to become a decent death bowler. Varun Aaron on the other hand looks like a better option for ODIs based on the few domestic matches I have seen the two in. Either way Yadav looks like he has the raw ingredients to become an international level bowler. I just hope that he doesn't go the VRV Singh way..
Well said man!! I have always noticed these type of trundlers' date=' i mean Vk , PK and now S Aravind never gets injured. I will include VVS Laxman in this list too.Whereas better players like Ishant and Zaheer and Yuvraj, they gets injured when not required[/quote'] Welcome to ICF Thommo! :two_thumbs_up:

If PK, VK & S Aravind can handle the Death overs (40-50) then I can see the merit of discrediting an upcoming fast bowler like Yadav, Aron or maybe in future, Abu Nechim.. I wonder why PK gets his overs quota finished before the death overs.. Any reasons? I mean we all will need his accurate bowling in the death overs.. The matches are won and lost the way you propel the team's score in the last overs.