Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Firstly..we are giving chances to a pace bowler on Indian pitches and expecting him to blow the opponent apart. Bowlers like him should've been tried out on the England tour but we all know which bowlers got chance to play there. So give a bit of rope to these young bowlers before reverting back to traditional "line & lenght" trundlers.. It's not that we have a ready made inventory of Tailunted phaaassst bowlers.. Most of us are relieved and happy that atleast a different sort of bowler is finally getting a chance to play other than run of the mill military medium line lenght trundlers. It's not that trundlers like VK etc. are blazing the pitches around..VK still bowls predominantly middle to leg line.. Of whatever I've seen of another trundler S Aravind, I'm pretty sure even Dhoni (given his love for trundlers) wouldn't like to take any risk, playing him..(but you never know what external pressures might be on him, given the pressure Karnataka ex-players are creating, behind the scenes).. So whatever be the performance of bowlers like Yadav etc. I'm happy that atleast he is getting another chance..He's not so bad bowler that he couldn't be given a long run. I mean what's the criteria of VK getting so many chances to paly in every match and series. Atleast give that many chance to bowlers like Yadav or Aron..
Don't get it twisted, we are just expecting him to bowl good lines. But he did nothing special and the hype-wagon is out in full force

The matter of fact is, in his tenure of more than 3 yrs of captaincy, MSD has not produced a single quality fast bowler for India, I mean fast bowler, not 124 kph swing bowler Praveen Kumar. And we were lucky enough to win the World Cup despite that fact, thanks to Zaheer Khan and it was held in India. And if someone is going to say that it was not MSD mistake coz there was no talent available to him, then it is completely wrong. There is enough talent in India. But Dhoni don't seem to have the passion for fast bowling

Yes Umesh wasn't devastating ' date=' but he has the ingredients to succeed,he can bowl 90 consistently, I wonder why Dhoni isn't excited.lOOK AT eNGLAND , aUSTRALIA ANY BOLWER CLOSE TO 90 THEY TRY TO BUILD THEM UP A YEAR IN ADVANCE,even 5 kph is a big difference speed wise but if your fastest bowlers can bowl 146 k, and rest of the trundlers bowl at 133 k max , that is a huge difference.Ganguly , Shastri seemed more excited then Dhoni, well played India anyways, lets see what Botham , Vaughan will now harp about , maybe comment on pitch and conditions lol , as always.[/quote'] Errm Shahstri is BCCIs megaphone, his opinion doesn't count for sh1t

If there was an ODI world cup 2moro and no one was injured, we would have Zak, Nehra, PK, Munaf as the top 4 fighting for 3 spots. Yadav has a long way to go. Yes he bowled quick. But tbh I didn't see much to suggest he will be a wicket taker at international level, however it was a flat pitch so unfair to judge. We should groom the likes of Yadav, Aaron and Tyagi and see who is here to stay for long term.

Both wickets were from what we call as pinda (low bounce). Giving width ..has an agarkar-like 4 ball every over. Definitely faster than VK' date=' PKs Aravinds...but that's not by much. Till now only Ishant has been the only decent pace product in recent years.[/quote'] I think Ishant needs to do some strength training in gym. And improve his fitness side by side. I have always said that when you are younger, you can bowl fast but to be a genuine fast bowler for a long period of time, you got to have a body of fast bowler. If your body don't have that extra mass or muscles, then it can't take the burden of fast bowling for a long period of time. Remember, there was an english swimmer, he decided to cross the english channel in one go. For that, he had to swim continuously for more than 48 hours. So, for this challenge, he put on about 10 kilos of extra weight and muscle. And when completed the challenge, he lost about 15 kilos. So my point is, for bowling fast, your body got to have extra muscle to take the strain of fast bowling
If there was an ODI world cup 2moro and no one was injured, we would have Zak, Nehra, PK, Munaf as the top 4 fighting for 3 spots. Yadav has a long way to go. Yes he bowled quick. But tbh I didn't see much to suggest he will be a wicket taker at international level, however it was a flat pitch so unfair to judge. We should groom the likes of Yadav, Aaron and Tyagi and see who is here to stay for long term.
Where is Sudeep Tyagi nowadays?? Why didn't he play in the Irani trophy or Challenger trophy
It depend where will world cup be held.If it is held in Australia ,do you think that Munaf ,PK,Nehra can do well in those conditions?

The guy looked great and did himself no harm yesterday. Lets have one thing clear. We dont need a pace bowler who can contain or is economical. Just look at the kind of trundlers we have had . Have they stopped the flow of runs and have they taken wickets ? The fact is, having bowlers bowling at their slowest possible ( as has been the tradition in Indian cricket ) is no guarantee that the bowler will do good. India is a prime example. We should now only aim for bowlers who have pace and can terrorize the batsmen. And Umesh looked good. We must try to play Varun and Umesh together. Perhaps the competition amongst these 2 as to who's quicker may motivate them to bowl even quicker and perhaps better. But mighty pleased with Umesh ! The downside of Indian cricket- Did anyone else also listen to Sunny gavaskar saying - ' This kid should know that he will never be an express bowler. So he should also try to contain and take wickets..( or some crap like this ) ' and then Dhoni calling him ' slightly quicker' than the rest ! It clearly shows the attitude of the Indian cricketers. I am beginning to feel Dhoni doesnt want genuine quick bowlers in the team else his and others popularity may go down !

I want Umesh to be listed as fast bowler' date=' Cric info would have SA, pom , Aussie ,Paki bowler slower them him listed as fast, guys he can seam and swing , we need to give him time.[/quote'] Bhai, they listed Srinath as ' fast medium ' throughout his entire career ! This is a classic case of stereotyping.
T The downside of Indian cricket- Did anyone else also listen to Sunny gavaskar saying - ' This kid should know that he will never be an express bowler. So he should also try to contain and take wickets..( or some crap like this ) ' and then Dhoni calling him ' slightly quicker' than the rest ! It clearly shows the attitude of the Indian cricketers. I am beginning to feel Dhoni doesnt want genuine quick bowlers in the team else his and others popularity may go down !
Ya Gavaskar said he does not bowl 150K plus. I sau he will bowl 150K, give him time and let his settle his nerves. BTW, how many bowlers bowl 150+ in the world. There have been only 4-5 express bowlers in the world in more than 100 years of cricket that is Thmmo, Actor, Lee, Bond, and Tait. No one else.
There have been only 4-5 express bowlers in the world in more than 100 years of cricket that is Thmmo, Actor, Lee, Bond, and Tait. No one else.
Bond was not in the category of Akhtar and Lee he was slower than them ,probably Mohammed Sami was in that category for a time period
Bond was not in the category of Akhtar and Lee he was slower than them ' date='probably Mohammed Sami was in that category for a time period[/quote'] No Bond was there. Watch 2003 WC. Sami was nowhere near Bond. Sami is very overrated in terms of pace. I never found Sami that quick. There are only these 4-5 bowlers who have been clocked 160K in the last 4 years. Sami was more between 140-150K bowler. Jeff Thomson, Brett Lee, Shoiab Akhtar, Shane Bond, and Shaun Tait. These five bowlers were able to clock 155K or above at their peak, though only Thomson, Lee, and Akhtar played enough handful of matches.