Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

another thing it also busts the myth that dhoni prefers trundlers or forces quick bowlers to slow down and focus on line-length. that wasn't the case here, yadav bowled fast and was wayward in the beginning, but he continued bowling at good pace and eventually was rewarded the fact is that if you can bowl quick you will!! no one's a kid at the int'l level who is just going to follow someone's advice, it has to come from within himself as to what his strengths are. but some people will still continue with their conspiracy theories

Reasonable comeback but nothing outstanding. He has plenty of work on. Let's give him a few games and see how he goes. Looked like he can bowl the yorker which is a bonus.
that's huge!! i don't think anyone after agarkar, maybe to an extent nehra, has been good at bowling yorkers at the death
Reasonable comeback but nothing outstanding. He has plenty of work on. Let's give him a few games and see how he goes. Looked like he can bowl the yorker which is a bonus.
It's a nice result for him, considering the fastest bowler of the match went for 7.4 RPO( Finn ), 6.4 is not that bad... + he got 2 wickets.
This was his first game after long time and I expected that he will be bit wayward. He comes with reputation of a quick bowler by Indian standards. He tried to bowl fast during first spell, but he was bit not able to hit right line-length. Only thing I was praying for was that he gets few wickets. That boosted his confidence and he looked in better rhythm later in the game. He was accurate at the end part and like you mentioned he can be good for death overs. India can get as many trundlers as team want, but they will never be good attacking or death bowlers. I believe that he will be able to hit 90 mph consistently when bowling in full flow. If anything he can improve a lot in coming days. Btw, his average speed in this game was around 141 Kmph. After quite some time, an Indian bowler has bowled with such average speed in ODIs. He needs to play all matches in this series. It will be good learning experience for him.
nothing can be achieved if you just bowl in the high 130s or low 140s' date='you need more to be successful in the international arena.[/quote'] Thats the problem in india we want ready made great bowlers,Pace is not everything but its essential and 135-145 pace is good enough at international level ,very few bowlers bowl quicker than that in International cricket.He can swing the ball as we saw in irani trophy and maintain a decent line and length so he needs to be persisted as you can teach a bowler variations and swing far easily than increase speed.

Umesh yadav had a good outing ..... The difference is in how you portray your quickest bowler.... Dhoni just mentioned him as an after thought to the spinners (as if he had no special potential - just a little quicker than the other bowlers) where as Watson and White have been harping on pat cummins even before the south african tour began.... They have been saying that pat cummins is a special talent and can bowl very quick at such a young age!!! I just hope that dhoni is trying to keep the expectations low during media briefings and encouraging umesh and aaron behind the scenes as that would help them a lot.

This was his first game after long time and I expected that he will be bit wayward. He comes with reputation of a quick bowler by Indian standards. He tried to bowl fast during first spell, but he was bit not able to hit right line-length. Only thing I was praying for was that he gets few wickets. That boosted his confidence and he looked in better rhythm later in the game. He was accurate at the end part and like you mentioned he can be good for death overs. India can get as many trundlers as team want, but they will never be good attacking or death bowlers. I believe that he will be able to hit 90 mph consistently when bowling in full flow. If anything he can improve a lot in coming days. Btw, his average speed in this game was around 141 Kmph. After quite some time, an Indian bowler has bowled with such average speed in ODIs. He needs to play all matches in this series. It will be good learning experience for him.
Yes last few months have been torture watching trundlers bowl and commentators saying we do not have pace bowlers ,
Thats the problem in india we want ready made great bowlers' date='Pace is not everything but its essential and 135-145 pace is good enough at international level ,very few bowlers bowl quicker than that in International cricket.He can swing the ball as we saw in irani trophy and maintain a decent line and length so he needs to be persisted as you can teach a bowler variations and swing far easily than increase speed.[/quote'] Cowboysfans is a RCB fan.. So there..:icflove:
Umesh yadav had a good outing ..... The difference is in how you portray your quickest bowler.... Dhoni just mentioned him as an after thought to the spinners (as if he had no special potential - just a little quicker than the other bowlers) where as Watson and White have been harping on pat cummins even before the south african tour began.... They have been saying that pat cummins is a special talent and can bowl very quick at such a young age!!! I just hope that dhoni is trying to keep the expectations low during media briefings and encouraging umesh and aaron behind the scenes as that would help them a lot.
Dhoni believes that no indian bowler can bowl quick and trouble opp batsman ,only indian bowlers who swing the ball will be succesful agianst opp batsman.
Yes last few months have been torture watching trundlers bowl and commentators saying we do not have pace bowlers ' date='[/quote'] Yeah, that's why I was not bothered about runs he was going for. Our trundlers haven't done much better than that. They often fail to get wickets of tail-enders. He got two wickets and it was decent performance in first match.
Agree with that. People jump the gun though. He will get bashed if he ends up with 0-65 in the next game.