Sign in to follow this  
Blue Panther

Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Don't really worry that he was a little wayward today. Can happen due to nervousness. Am glad he had 2 wickets in the end after bowling at some good pace, will surely be more confident in the next match. VK surprisingly bowled at a decent pace as well. Hope he learns from that. Trundling at 127-128 kmph isn't going to very successful in international cricket. If he has in it him to be around 134-135, thats the pace he needs to be bowling at.

Yadav is promising but with his domestic OD record as it stands' date=' he has a lot of improving to do before he can be consistently international quality. That being said, we do not have many people knocking on the door so might as well give him a go.[/quote'] lol do you have a single post where you dont mention domestic OD cricket? Anyway, I think Umesh Yadav is better suited for tests because he bowls a heavy ball and generally moves the ball a bit more with the red ball. Having said that he does seem to have the ingredients to become a decent death bowler. Varun Aaron on the other hand looks like a better option for ODIs based on the few domestic matches I have seen the two in. Either way Yadav looks like he has the raw ingredients to become an international level bowler. I just hope that he doesn't go the VRV Singh way..

Well said man!! I have always noticed these type of trundlers, i mean Vk , PK and now S Aravind never gets injured. I will include VVS Laxman in this list too.Whereas better players like Ishant and Zaheer and Yuvraj, they gets injured when not required

Well said man!! I have always noticed these type of trundlers' date=' i mean Vk , PK and now S Aravind never gets injured. I will include VVS Laxman in this list too.Whereas better players like Ishant and Zaheer and Yuvraj, they gets injured when not required[/quote'] Welcome to ICF Thommo! :two_thumbs_up:

Both wickets were from what we call as pinda (low bounce). Giving width ..has an agarkar-like 4 ball every over. Definitely faster than VK, PKs Aravinds...but that's not by much. Till now only Ishant has been the only decent pace product in recent years.

If PK, VK & S Aravind can handle the Death overs (40-50) then I can see the merit of discrediting an upcoming fast bowler like Yadav, Aron or maybe in future, Abu Nechim.. I wonder why PK gets his overs quota finished before the death overs.. Any reasons? I mean we all will need his accurate bowling in the death overs.. The matches are won and lost the way you propel the team's score in the last overs.

Firstly..we are giving chances to a pace bowler on Indian pitches and expecting him to blow the opponent apart. Bowlers like him should've been tried out on the England tour but we all know which bowlers got chance to play there. So give a bit of rope to these young bowlers before reverting back to traditional "line & lenght" trundlers.. It's not that we have a ready made inventory of Tailunted phaaassst bowlers.. Most of us are relieved and happy that atleast a different sort of bowler is finally getting a chance to play other than run of the mill military medium line lenght trundlers. It's not that trundlers like VK etc. are blazing the pitches around..VK still bowls predominantly middle to leg line.. Of whatever I've seen of another trundler S Aravind, I'm pretty sure even Dhoni (given his love for trundlers) wouldn't like to take any risk, playing him..(but you never know what external pressures might be on him, given the pressure Karnataka ex-players are creating, behind the scenes).. So whatever be the performance of bowlers like Yadav etc. I'm happy that atleast he is getting another chance..He's not so bad bowler that he couldn't be given a long run. I mean what's the criteria of VK getting so many chances to paly in every match and series. Atleast give that many chance to bowlers like Yadav or Aron..
Don't get it twisted, we are just expecting him to bowl good lines. But he did nothing special and the hype-wagon is out in full force

The matter of fact is, in his tenure of more than 3 yrs of captaincy, MSD has not produced a single quality fast bowler for India, I mean fast bowler, not 124 kph swing bowler Praveen Kumar. And we were lucky enough to win the World Cup despite that fact, thanks to Zaheer Khan and it was held in India. And if someone is going to say that it was not MSD mistake coz there was no talent available to him, then it is completely wrong. There is enough talent in India. But Dhoni don't seem to have the passion for fast bowling

Yes Umesh wasn't devastating ' date=' but he has the ingredients to succeed,he can bowl 90 consistently, I wonder why Dhoni isn't excited.lOOK AT eNGLAND , aUSTRALIA ANY BOLWER CLOSE TO 90 THEY TRY TO BUILD THEM UP A YEAR IN ADVANCE,even 5 kph is a big difference speed wise but if your fastest bowlers can bowl 146 k, and rest of the trundlers bowl at 133 k max , that is a huge difference.Ganguly , Shastri seemed more excited then Dhoni, well played India anyways, lets see what Botham , Vaughan will now harp about , maybe comment on pitch and conditions lol , as always.[/quote'] Errm Shahstri is BCCIs megaphone, his opinion doesn't count for sh1t

If there was an ODI world cup 2moro and no one was injured, we would have Zak, Nehra, PK, Munaf as the top 4 fighting for 3 spots. Yadav has a long way to go. Yes he bowled quick. But tbh I didn't see much to suggest he will be a wicket taker at international level, however it was a flat pitch so unfair to judge. We should groom the likes of Yadav, Aaron and Tyagi and see who is here to stay for long term.

Both wickets were from what we call as pinda (low bounce). Giving width ..has an agarkar-like 4 ball every over. Definitely faster than VK' date=' PKs Aravinds...but that's not by much. Till now only Ishant has been the only decent pace product in recent years.[/quote'] I think Ishant needs to do some strength training in gym. And improve his fitness side by side. I have always said that when you are younger, you can bowl fast but to be a genuine fast bowler for a long period of time, you got to have a body of fast bowler. If your body don't have that extra mass or muscles, then it can't take the burden of fast bowling for a long period of time. Remember, there was an english swimmer, he decided to cross the english channel in one go. For that, he had to swim continuously for more than 48 hours. So, for this challenge, he put on about 10 kilos of extra weight and muscle. And when completed the challenge, he lost about 15 kilos. So my point is, for bowling fast, your body got to have extra muscle to take the strain of fast bowling

If there was an ODI world cup 2moro and no one was injured, we would have Zak, Nehra, PK, Munaf as the top 4 fighting for 3 spots. Yadav has a long way to go. Yes he bowled quick. But tbh I didn't see much to suggest he will be a wicket taker at international level, however it was a flat pitch so unfair to judge. We should groom the likes of Yadav, Aaron and Tyagi and see who is here to stay for long term.
Where is Sudeep Tyagi nowadays?? Why didn't he play in the Irani trophy or Challenger trophy

Wowwww just Wowwww. And we Indians wonder why we don't have a single fast bowler. This thread exaplains the exact reason why we don't. . So effing annoying reading support for trundlers n ripping into genuine talent like Umesh Yadav

It depend where will world cup be held.If it is held in Australia ,do you think that Munaf ,PK,Nehra can do well in those conditions?

Wowwww just Wowwww. And we Indians wonder why we don't have a single fast bowler. This thread exaplains the exact reason why we don't. . So effing annoying reading support for trundlers n ripping into genuine talent like Umesh Yadav
+1

The guy looked great and did himself no harm yesterday. Lets have one thing clear. We dont need a pace bowler who can contain or is economical. Just look at the kind of trundlers we have had . Have they stopped the flow of runs and have they taken wickets ? The fact is, having bowlers bowling at their slowest possible ( as has been the tradition in Indian cricket ) is no guarantee that the bowler will do good. India is a prime example. We should now only aim for bowlers who have pace and can terrorize the batsmen. And Umesh looked good. We must try to play Varun and Umesh together. Perhaps the competition amongst these 2 as to who's quicker may motivate them to bowl even quicker and perhaps better. But mighty pleased with Umesh ! The downside of Indian cricket- Did anyone else also listen to Sunny gavaskar saying - ' This kid should know that he will never be an express bowler. So he should also try to contain and take wickets..( or some crap like this ) ' and then Dhoni calling him ' slightly quicker' than the rest ! It clearly shows the attitude of the Indian cricketers. I am beginning to feel Dhoni doesnt want genuine quick bowlers in the team else his and others popularity may go down !

I want Umesh to be listed as fast bowler' date=' Cric info would have SA, pom , Aussie ,Paki bowler slower them him listed as fast, guys he can seam and swing , we need to give him time.[/quote'] Bhai, they listed Srinath as ' fast medium ' throughout his entire career ! This is a classic case of stereotyping.

T The downside of Indian cricket- Did anyone else also listen to Sunny gavaskar saying - ' This kid should know that he will never be an express bowler. So he should also try to contain and take wickets..( or some crap like this ) ' and then Dhoni calling him ' slightly quicker' than the rest ! It clearly shows the attitude of the Indian cricketers. I am beginning to feel Dhoni doesnt want genuine quick bowlers in the team else his and others popularity may go down !
Ya Gavaskar said he does not bowl 150K plus. I sau he will bowl 150K, give him time and let his settle his nerves. BTW, how many bowlers bowl 150+ in the world. There have been only 4-5 express bowlers in the world in more than 100 years of cricket that is Thmmo, Actor, Lee, Bond, and Tait. No one else.

There have been only 4-5 express bowlers in the world in more than 100 years of cricket that is Thmmo, Actor, Lee, Bond, and Tait. No one else.
Bond was not in the category of Akhtar and Lee he was slower than them ,probably Mohammed Sami was in that category for a time period

Bond was not in the category of Akhtar and Lee he was slower than them ' date='probably Mohammed Sami was in that category for a time period[/quote'] No Bond was there. Watch 2003 WC. Sami was nowhere near Bond. Sami is very overrated in terms of pace. I never found Sami that quick. There are only these 4-5 bowlers who have been clocked 160K in the last 4 years. Sami was more between 140-150K bowler. Jeff Thomson, Brett Lee, Shoiab Akhtar, Shane Bond, and Shaun Tait. These five bowlers were able to clock 155K or above at their peak, though only Thomson, Lee, and Akhtar played enough handful of matches.

Don't get it twisted' date=' we are just expecting him to bowl good lines. But he did nothing special and the hype-wagon is out in full force[/quote'] I don't think anybody's saying that he is "special"..How did you came to that conclusion? Most of us are happy that he got a chance to play. We were fearing that "special" bowler S Aravind would've played.. Yadav has lots to learn and achieve..That too on pathetic Indian pitches..

Give Umesh Yadav at least 10-15 ODIs from now on and 5-6 tests and see how he goes. Give him the kind of confidence selectors and captain are showing in Vinay and let us see where he goes. We all will know then. We cannot judge based on one match if he was good or bad. Only good thing was that he looked nervous and did not put full effort and still generated good pace.

Umesh was the best seamer in yesterday's match.As far as pace is concerned he is on par with Finn.Though Finn was faster yesterday. Fastest bowler in this series is Varun & Meaker:-Varun=Meaker>Finn=Umesh

He got two wickets and that too it had to do with the pitch and the ball keeping low' date= nothing to do with skill. All he did today was bowl in the high 80s mph with almost no control in the beginning and people out here are calling him impressive, as THX pointed out that is just plain hypocritical. We should wait till the end of this series to see if this guy has any potential or if he is going to be another Mohammad Sami in international cricket.
And English pacers also bowled on the same pitch so you can see how poor they were as and when they gotta bowl on a flat track.

My only worry abt umesh is that he tempts to bowl little short, i dont know if he is bowling little short deliberately or if it is his normal length. Other than that i am very excited and impressed with umesh yadav.

I loved his performance in yesterday's match.....lively pace for an Indian bowler.....he has not done anything special but shown that, if he is persisted with, he can be someone special......i have seen in the irani cup and he bowled much better and quicker in that match......if u r following him closely, it is obvious that he was very nervous. I am crossing my fingers and hope to see something good in next match.

Ya Gavaskar said he does not bowl 150K plus. I sau he will bowl 150K' date= give him time and let his settle his nerves. BTW, how many bowlers bowl 150+ in the world. There have been only 4-5 express bowlers in the world in more than 100 years of cricket that is Thmmo, Actor, Lee, Bond, and Tait. No one else.
I think he could really increase his pace. He has a really nice action and it seems like he hits 140 km/h with ease. I would like him to get a bit more lateral movement as he is a little too straight at times. However, he has shown a great deal of improvement since the 2010 IPL.

My only worry abt umesh is that he tempts to bowl little short' date=' i dont know if he is bowling little short deliberately or if it is his normal length. Other than that i am very excited and impressed with umesh yadav.[/quote'] out of his 30 legal balls ..he bowled atleast 8 balls between 144 to 145.7K...possibly 145.7K was his fastest yesterday. His average pace was nearing 139K( correct me on this if i am wrong). 145K pace - that also 8 out of 30 balls is genuine pace and thats why he got 2 clean bowled.. ONe slip catch went ..but ther were no slips, So crazy stuff , u have the fastest Indian Bowler bowling at his fastest and DHONI did not think that an edge could come, this is brainless captaincy, i would have kept 1 to 2 Slips for all his 30 balls and got him more wickets...When Dhoni knows that he is in top form and is looking dangerous , secondly the ball is getting low, why was he removed,he would have got his 3rd Wicket too..why did he call back ashwin and Jaddu ..Umesh was given 2 over Spells...Umesh bowled 12 over spell in irani at full throttle ,i am 100 % sure Umesh would have got 4 wicekts yesterday if there was 1 slip and he was asked to ball 6 overs instead of 5 overs. he gave 32 runs of his 5 overs and most of the runs were edges. VK did hit KP once off a bouncer and except for that he did nothing,,,i would actually want Varun aroon to replace VK as He is also in top form.

Give Umesh Yadav at least 10-15 ODIs from now on and 5-6 tests and see how he goes. Give him the kind of confidence selectors and captain are showing in Vinay and let us see where he goes. We all will know then. We cannot judge based on one match if he was good or bad. Only good thing was that he looked nervous and did not put full effort and still generated good pace.
Tbf to Vinay, he has not played any Tests and I think people agree this is the format he is suited to.

why is everybody showing confidence in VK...does his stats show some result or is it just fools r backing him

The guy looked great and did himself no harm yesterday. Lets have one thing clear. We dont need a pace bowler who can contain or is economical. Just look at the kind of trundlers we have had . Have they stopped the flow of runs and have they taken wickets ? The fact is, having bowlers bowling at their slowest possible ( as has been the tradition in Indian cricket ) is no guarantee that the bowler will do good. India is a prime example. We should now only aim for bowlers who have pace and can terrorize the batsmen. And Umesh looked good. We must try to play Varun and Umesh together. Perhaps the competition amongst these 2 as to who's quicker may motivate them to bowl even quicker and perhaps better. But mighty pleased with Umesh ! The downside of Indian cricket- Did anyone else also listen to Sunny gavaskar saying - ' This kid should know that he will never be an express bowler. So he should also try to contain and take wickets..( or some crap like this ) ' and then Dhoni calling him ' slightly quicker' than the rest ! It clearly shows the attitude of the Indian cricketers. I am beginning to feel Dhoni doesnt want genuine quick bowlers in the team else his and others popularity may go down !
dhoni sucks as far as managing fast bowlers...why no slips were given to him???

out of his 30 legal balls ..he bowled atleast 8 balls between 144 to 145.7K...possibly 145.7K was his fastest yesterday. His average pace was nearing 139K( correct me on this if i am wrong). 145K pace - that also 8 out of 30 balls is genuine pace and thats why he got 2 clean bowled.. ONe slip catch went ..but ther were no slips, So crazy stuff , u have the fastest Indian Bowler bowling at his fastest and DHONI did not think that an edge could come, this is brainless captaincy, i would have kept 1 to 2 Slips for all his 30 balls and got him more wickets...When Dhoni knows that he is in top form and is looking dangerous , secondly the ball is getting low, why was he removed,he would have got his 3rd Wicket too..why did he call back ashwin and Jaddu ..Umesh was given 2 over Spells...Umesh bowled 12 over spell in irani at full throttle ,i am 100 % sure Umesh would have got 4 wicekts yesterday if there was 1 slip and he was asked to ball 6 overs instead of 5 overs. he gave 32 runs of his 5 overs and most of the runs were edges. VK did hit KP once off a bouncer and except for that he did nothing,,,i would actually want Varun aroon to replace VK as He is also in top form.
I think dhoni will give varun a chance in 5th odi only if india wins the series in 3rd or 4th match. That too if he is pressurised from media and commies. Otherwise dhoni the trundler supporter wont give varun a chance at all.:((

Tbf to Vinay' date=' he has not played any Tests and I think people agree this is the format he is suited to.[/quote'] Vinay is suited to shorter formats because he has variations, not suited to longer formats. Yadav is more suited to tests.

Dhoni : He bowls little quicker than other indian bowlers. LOLz..
Will fletcher tell Dhoni that he shud play Umesh even if he goes for 70 runs in 10 overs for next 5 matches...? thats called Backing , if umesh is backed like that He will become a dangerous Bowler and will suddenly Grow UP..and if he is dumped bcos of one or 2 performance and Arvind or VK is played ahead of him..Umesh may also slow down in the long run and who knows join the Trundler Brigade We Have...

Ya Gavaskar said he does not bowl 150K plus. I sau he will bowl 150K, give him time and let his settle his nerves. BTW, how many bowlers bowl 150+ in the world. There have been only 4-5 express bowlers in the world in more than 100 years of cricket that is Thmmo, Actor, Lee, Bond, and Tait. No one else.
there have been lots of express quicks in cricket , the names you have mentioned are mainly from the last 10-12 yrs

Vinay is suited to shorter formats because he has variations' date=' not suite to longer formats. Yadav is more suite to tests.[/quote'] VK is not international STANDARD..he was even getting hit yesterday , even when PK had created a lot of pressure. but to VK's credit he bowled 2 balls at 137K..which was pleasantly surprising for me as i have never seen him higher than 133K. unless he gets to regularly bowl at 137K and a couple of slow balls in the over he wont become international standard. International bowlers are required to bowl at 136K or higher with genuine swing or 141 K + with or without swing. PK is an exception as his swing is so much that that his ball dances while it travels..thats why he may still live with bowling between 125K to 133K

there have been lots of express quicks in cricket ' date=' the names you have mentioned are mainly from the last 10-12 yrs[/quote'] tell me the name. Express quicks are who are considered to have clocked 160K.

this is partly an unfair question speedo meter has been in use mainly over last 10-12 yrs so even if i name the players it will be difficult to prove that they are indeed fast enoughto clock 160. but still these are the names i can think of at the top of my head tyson ,gilchrist ,griffith,larwood, holding , there are others as well but since they were from older generations i cant recall their names since i didnt watch them but just heard about them , give me some time...................