Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

The pace is useless in this wicket.Once it hits the wicket it comes on slow to the bat and batsmen have time to adjust.Thats why he didnt look too threatening but still bowled heart out and dismissed a set batsmen when Edwards looked untroubled against spinners.He also dismissed Baugh with good reverse swing too. When Fidel was bowling yesterday most were raving about him and comparing to Yadav and pointing out Yadav is poor.Yet he too hardly bowled any great deliveries and most of edges came from shots played to ball outside the off stump. On a wicket like this how can a fast bowler be expected to bowl great wicket taking deliveries seriously? Considering the pitch he bowled and also being on debut he was very impressive IMO.
Edwards is a crap bowler .... I think they showed the pitch map and 80% of edward's deliveries were short today... Yadav was better consistency wise also yadav bowled quicker than edwards at least in the part of match i saw live.... What was edwards fastest delivery?? Yadav looked quicker to me
I will. Also like to see Aaron in this line up ' date='if it happens will be the first time in india's history that all the three pacers are capable of bowling over 90+ mph consistently .[/quote'] that will happen but not now. ishant yadav have to improve their line without losing pace. (aaron already has decent control) anyway they'll keep geeting chances, not necessarily all three in the same match. hope they improve in the 1-2 years zak has left. if everything goes well we'll have a bowling attack of aaron, yadav, ishant and ashwin. three 140+ bowlers and a damn good spinner. best indian bowling attack ever. B->
Ishant was bowling really quick, lots of deliveries at around 143 k. His average speed was 139.9 k in a test match, really good. The problem is he was not always aiming at the stumps and as he is not a skidder but depends on bounce ( of which there was none on offer from this pitch ) he was not that effective against the tail. 3 bowlers bowling above 140 k and moving the ball also. The tables have turned indeed. I think this is the fastest test attack we have ever had. Which 3 domestic bowlers are you talking about -- Rahul Shukla, Nechim and Shammi Ahmed ?
Yes, these are the 3 bowlers, plus Tamark who was mentioned on ICF some time back. I am also including Rehan Khan in the list, although him coming in the team is a far stretched idea. Though I feel he is similar pace and after seeing Edwards yesterday, I was so reminded of Rehan. "Deathmonger", I think the best and fastest Indian attack ever was Srinath, Zaheer and Nehra in WC 03 and around that time when these 3 were bowling together with Agarkar also in the team ( whp could work up high pace ).
Yes, these are the 3 bowlers, plus Tamark who was mentioned on ICF some time back. I am also including Rehan Khan in the list, although him coming in the team is a far stretched idea. Though I feel he is similar pace and after seeing Edwards yesterday, I was so reminded of Rehan. "Deathmonger", I think the best and fastest Indian attack ever was Srinath, Zaheer and Nehra in WC 03 and around that time when these 3 were bowling together with Agarkar also in the team ( whp could work up high pace ).
Yeah, that was awesome. And Bhajji wasn't Darty then. Everyone chipped in. Nehra destroying England. ZAK destroying NZ. Srinath destroying SL. So sad what happened in the final. At least Bhajji, Nehra and ZAK made up for it by winning this time around. Nechim also looks good. How are Shukla and Shami Ahmed? Seen them?
Umesh Yadav's Raw pace has been really impressive and looks like he is one for the future but atm his line looks really predictable....Bowls too full all the time for my taste' date='if he doesn't vary his length he is going to be in trouble...[/quote'] Due to this length he will be a wicket taker.Remember waqar 80% of his balls used to be full and hence he had the best S/R in history of Cricket.... I see Yadav as a wicket taking bowler looks an exciting prospect for world cricket...
his average speed is about the same as fidel edwards'. unfortunately he bowls just as many bad deliveries as fidel usually does.
Fidel is a very bad bowler himself, Yadav's length was better than Edwards just his line was off a little bit but it was just his 1st test so give him a little marjin for error
Due to this length he will be a wicket taker.Remember waqar 80% of his balls used to be full and hence he had the best S/R in history of Cricket.... I see Yadav as a wicket taking bowler looks an exciting prospect for world cricket...
It is strange and sad how bowlers seem to have forgotten the great Waqar Younis' bowling style, isn't it. He was perhaps the most objective pacer to have bowled in test cricket, always attacking the stumps at high pace. Most fast bowlers try the three quarter length shorter ball or outwinger as their stock delivery these days apart from Malinga. Both Umesh and Varun have the tendency to attack the stumps at high pace but I fear that some " brilliant advisor " will tell them to focus on the outswinger more.
Fidel is a very bad bowler himself' date=' Yadav's length was better than Edwards just his line was off a little bit but it was just his 1st test s[b']o give him a little marjin for error
Glad you arent suggesting a little Marijuana for ( a lot of ) error..:haha:..He'd then be officially be successor to Waqar and Wasim :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Just kidding !
Umesh"s first wicket was possibly a 142K ball but it seemed like a 148K as it went so swift that batsmen cud not do much...it was a simple case oF bowling becos of aggressive pace..it ws all bcos of pace
Yea,the speed does not give too much time for the batsman to adjust. You could seee he was in two minds whether to play at it or leave it.
Glad you arent suggesting a little Marijuana for ( a lot of ) error..:haha:..He'd then be officially be successor to Waqar and Wasim :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Just kidding !
Jokes apart Yadav looks a great fast bowling prospect who has all the talent that is needed to become a great fast bowler hopefully your team management doesnot mess up with him much...
Due to this length he will be a wicket taker.Remember waqar 80% of his balls used to be full and hence he had the best S/R in history of Cricket.... I see Yadav as a wicket taking bowler looks an exciting prospect for world cricket...
You are a Pakistani right??? Good to see you appreciating the efforts of an Indian fast bowler..........