Sign in to follow this  
Blue Panther

Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

He has not bowled much at the end. Averaging 37' date=' SR 47 cannot be called done quite well. Bhajji was dropped with similar figures.[/quote'] Bhajji was quite useless as spinner and was dropped from all formats and not just shorter it's deper problem of just thinking he is finished and is not comparable to bhuvi Also my point is if he bowls at death he will pick more wickets it goes both ways and you urself said that since world t20 he is lot better and in his short career average can be so mis leading once he was compared to akaram and 5 good months more and same thing will happen

He has been unlucky.regularly gets swing on pattas but beats the bat instead of taking edges. Might even need a slight adjustment of length.but its harsh to say hes bowled badly
Bhajji wasnt bowling badly too in ODIs, was not easy to hit, good ER, still was dropped. I would say Bhajji would still be better than Ashwin in ODIs.

I have always said that there is huge difference between 138 k and 128 k but that is never noticed but 150 or 145 is for some reason magical number I think below 135 if you are not tall you always need help from either track or condition to be effective but if you have some weird advantage like being tall you can cope like ishant was clocking slower in one match but looked quicker to me than umesh it was where he got 4 I never ask for quick bowlers but 140 k or even 138 k with little bit of movement is deadly but 140 k or below you can adjust and to me steam bowls at perfect pace to still be quick but also have control I guess you have to find balance .. But opening bowler I disagree in odis you can cope as new ball will always swing and having variations like slower ball and Yorkers can be enough just look at bhuvi but in test I agree
I think 140k is the benchmark for being considered genuinely fast. 135-up to 140 is more like decent pace but not 'fast'. 145k and more is true pace where it alone is a weapon for bowler.

How did he bowl today?
Decent line and length mostly with some real bad balls inbetween. Pace .. 139 to 147 k. Looked quick today. Was bowling incutters and inswingers mostly. Consistently moving the ball. Normally he bowls many outswingers but very few today. Got steep bounce with a few deliveries. Looked like taking a wicket every over.

He lacks killer instinct, doesnt have that fast bowlers attitude. It was evident in his last over when tail-enders were batting. He bowled very poorly. No effort like he is bowling in his backyard. Dont like such attitude if you want to become a good fast bowler.

He lacks killer instinct' date=' doesnt have that fast bowlers attitude. It was evident in his last over when tail-enders were batting. He bowled very poorly. No effort like he is bowling in his backyard. Dont like such attitude if you want to become a good fast bowler.[/quote'] Last over he looked injured to me Won't be surprised if he has minor back injury and misses next few matches

What is the need to bowl if you are injured? Why take risk? He looked fit to me.
Even during match he had strap on his back but last over I did not feel he was fluid enough during bowling ...let's hope I am wrong