Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

dhoni used yadav well' date=' using him after power play when the pressure is less on bowler was great move.[/quote'] But he gave the first over in Batting PP to Umesh..I liked that... I can't find anything Dhoni did wrong yesterday. His field placings, use of bowlers, batting order etc. was fantastic. I can see the strategic field placings (definitely Duncan Fletcher's hand in it) for individual batsmen. Very happy to see an improved fielding performance by the team..
But he gave the first over in Batting PP to Umesh..I liked that... I can't find anything Dhoni did wrong yesterday. His field placings, use of bowlers, batting order etc. was fantastic. I can see the strategic field placings (definitely Duncan Fletcher's hand in it) for individual batsmen. Very happy to see an improved fielding performance by the team..
Exactly also the fact that he used Yadav in short-bursts. So that he was able to continue bowling quick.
Vinay is suited to shorter formats because he has variations' date=' not suited to longer formats. Yadav is more suited to tests.[/quote'] Vinay's variations are terrible. His strength is line and length and a hint of movement which is what works in Tests but fails in ODIs.
But he gave the first over in Batting PP to Umesh..I liked that..
yeah good move, shows faith in bowler and raises the moral of the bowler. i hope he keep him using in short spells . and VK and PK are anyday better then anything england has got on indian pitches. with their extra pace and no seem movement they are just sitting ducks for Indian batsmen. 2 new balls takes reverse significantly out of the question too. it a good time to be 80 mile swing bowler in india.
are you saying vinay kumar is test material ?
I think he's saying he's the kind of bowler who normally prosper in Tests. Not the same as saying he's Test class.
Yes. I am saying he is the kind of bowler who can prosper in Tests. Whether he can be a success at Test level? I'm leaning slightly toward 'no' but I definitely think he should be given a go.
The guys you names were quick, but not anything like 155K. Frank Tyson was supposed to be very quick, but others were below Tyson in terms of pace. Former legends like Benaud who has seen Tyson and Thommo both, had compared Tyson to Thommo, but other than that no one says Gilchrist, Larwood, Holding, Griffith were as quick as Thommo or Akhtar. Most of the past or present cricketers have regarded Shoaib Akhtar the fastest bowler ever to have played cricket.
I think Gilchrist was as quick as Tyson. And he was even more dangerous coz he was a little sunky fellow...would bowl beamers. From wiki, "Gilchrist is considered to be one of only four bowlers ever, to have actually hit the sightscreen after first bounce on the pitch, on the full" Dunno who the other three were
but this is exactly the problem how do u know if tyson and the others were 155 or 160 with out a speedo meter ' date=' all one can do is read articles or watch some grainy videos to make up ur mind[/quote'] You need to believe former cricketers have played more than one generation, like Richie Benaud and others who saw both of them Tyson and Thommo as well as Holding and other West Indians.
Vinay's variations are terrible. His strength is line and length and a hint of movement which is what works in Tests but fails in ODIs.
but he is not exactly accurate enough. He does not move the ball much too. You said PK is good, yes, PK Is good because he can swing the ball both ways while VK does not have anything in his armery. Line and length alone does not get you wickets. His pace will be very dibbly dobbly without swing and movement. You are expecting too much from him, IMO.
I think Gilchrist was as quick as Tyson. And he was even more dangerous coz he was a little sunky fellow...would bowl beamers. From wiki, "Gilchrist is considered to be one of only four bowlers ever, to have actually hit the sightscreen after first bounce on the pitch, on the full" Dunno who the other three were
He too had suspect action and that too without any hyperextension. Other two maybe Tyson and Thommo.