Ra.One-Superhero Flick

rkt.india

true the trailer doesnt look great. but the same guy made jab we met and socha na tha :love: :love: so i feel it will be nice. :nice:
Socha Na Tha is highly underrated. I feel it is better than JWM. In India boxoffice is the barometer for quality, which is pretty sad. JWM is pretty good too. Love aak kal was meh. It was hit because of the songs and good promotion. I hope Rockstar is good though.

Taran Adarsh is the WORST 'critic' ever !! Saalaa bikaoo :laugh:
It is not a bad film Madam...one time watch...Even Rajeev Masand has said some good things about it and some not so good things. The only bad thing people are saying is songs and comedy scenes, otherwise film is VFZ extravaganza. Reviews: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/ra-one-review-shah-rukh-khan-253499 http://www.rajeevmasand.com/reviews/our-films/ambitious-but-flawed/

:hatsoff:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: BP, u r a phacking genius.....:two_thumbs_up:
Bro, it hasn't flopped yet. The reviews are mixed. Audience opinion is also mixed. The opening day collections are pretty good. However, the business was affected after 5 pm due to Diwali puja and celebrations, which is not surprising. Let's wait and see how it does from tomorrow onwards. One thing is for sure, there is ZERO chance of this reaching 3 Idiots final boxoffice collections. That movie was awesome.

I saw the movie in 3D. Its a one time watch. Nothing more, nothing less. 3/10 The main problem with the movie is that technology and special effects can only get you so far. A movie cannot be carried by special effects alone, which are very good btw. A storyline, some reasonable screen play are also required. Thats the major flaw with Ra.one. Kudos to SRK, for experimenting. He acts well, but even that can't take away the fact that the storyline is so flimsy.

^ Could it be that the numbers are inflated - to attract crowd? Bodyguard was purported to break all sorts of box-office records in opening week, and it was just another substandard crap, not to be seen anywhere in following weeks.
Tbh, it looks allright. But for a movie that had so much promotion, released on 3500 prints, and inflated ticket prices+3D, the first day isn't all that good. It probably would have done more if it was a regular day. Collections tend to drop in evening on Diwali day because families are busy with puja and celebrations. The real test will be from tomorrow onwards and the weekend. Bodyguard did manage to cross Dabangg's lifetime collections. I think it has done close to 150 crore net in India and $8 million overseas. Dabangg did 140 crore net in India and $5 million overseas. By all means, Bodyguard was a huge hit. But for a movie that did 100 crore in 1st week, it should have done close to 200 crore in India. It didn't because it was crap and got *****y legs. Ra.one is 4 times more expensive though. 100+ crore budget with another 50+ crore marketing. I think the producers will entail some loss even with tv/music/merchandise revenue included. The distributors should be happy because if I am not mistaken it hasn't been sold at high prices at various territories. So in the end it will be declared a hit or superhit. Anything above that is just SRK paying the media and trade walas.

^ Could it be that the numbers are inflated - to attract crowd? Bodyguard was purported to break all sorts of box-office records in opening week, and it was just another substandard crap, not to be seen anywhere in following weeks.
But it made records in terms of collection and is the second biggest blockbuster of the year after Ready till now. Hopefully, Ra.one and Don2 will break their records as well.

^ The movie could do well for first few days because people must have been attracted by the huge promotion and sharukh' date=' but once the news is out that this movie is nothing but a video game crap, its gonna be a flop. I doubt it would even collect the production cost.[/quote'] Agreed. But I guess it will collect the production cost coz of the Satellite rights and the opening few days.

Meanwhile, the film has collected Rs 18.50 cr nett on Wednesday [the highest ever Diwali day collection] and Rs 25.10 cr nett on Thursday [the highest collection ever on a single day] in India, taking the 2-day total to Rs 43.60 cr nett.
:two_thumbs_up:

Good analysis of Ra-One and Bollywood in general : http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-decoding-ra-one/20111028.htm Quality-wise,Bollywood probably makes the worst films . I attribute it to : - Nepotism and cronyism (Next gen kids are useless) -Good stories are diluted to suit the "hero's" egos -Excessive Glamour All in all, everything is just window dressing with little or no substance. I don't even remember the last Bollywood film that I enjoyed apart from the first 30 mins of BBB.