I don't mind seeing Tendulkar score a hundred

King

These days it seems we have to mention this even before the game starts. This is to ensure some people don't go OTT and start a topic addressing me if Tendulkar scores. Some have made it sound as if the posters here don't rejoice when Tendulkar scores. I know of no Indian cricket follower that does not enjoy watching Tendulkar. If Tendulkar scores and India wins I'm happy. If Tendulkar doesn't score and India wins I'm still happy. If Tendulkar scores and India loses I'm unhappy. Now this is no rocket science and people should not able to grasp this little logic.

If Tendulkar scores and India wins I'm happy. If Tendulkar doesn't score and India wins I'm still happy. If Tendulkar scores and India loses I'm unhappy. Now this is no rocket science and people should not able to grasp this little logic.
Ravi , You left out - If Sachin doesnt score and India loses ! :wink_smile: You have reflected the thoughts of a true Indian cricket fan Ravi ! The stage is all set ! Lets wait for the action !

i am quite similar except tht, wen tendulkar scores and well, even if india loses, it is a consolation for me, cos i got entertained for the time i spent... only one other player in the indian team is capable of giving me tht joy, tht is Yuvi.... But when Yuvi gets going, India usually win...

i have to agree tht too much of "I told u so" and chest-thumping by die-hard fans pushes away the moderate and neutral ones to the other extreme and polarizes the whole forum, which is not bad as long as the mods are neutral, unlike some shytty site tht i know of , in the past...

People have heroes. This is sport, emotions are an integral part of it. People do not like seeing there heroes ridiculously ridiculed and unfairly criticised. I wouls react in same way although maybe not quite as passionatley(as sachin is my hero) to criticism of 2 other playing legends in Dravid and Kumble!

People have heroes. This is sport, emotions are an integral part of it. People do not like seeing there heroes ridiculously ridiculed and unfairly criticised. I wouls react in same way although maybe not quite as passionatley(as sachin is my hero) to criticism of 2 other playing legends in Dravid and Kumble!
That doesn't mean one should be spared from constructive criticism just because he is a great player. Every great player has had his share of critics. Why should there be a taboo on discussing certain players' short comings at times? You don't spare a young one but why spare an experienced one similarly? Ridiculing like cricinfo is not good but constructive criticism's not bad at all. I'm more than sure players very much like constructive criticism.
That doesn't mean one should be spared from constructive criticism just because he is a great player. Every great player has had his share of critics. Why should there be a taboo on discussing certain players' short comings at times? You don't spare a young one but why spare an experienced one similarly? Ridiculing like cricinfo is not good but constructive criticism's not bad at all. I'm more than sure players very much like constructive criticism.
Some of the threads have not been criticism, they have been disgrace. eg selfish sachin, eyeing personal milestones, sachin should retire etc etc. Many posters then joined in the bashing on these threads. Not sure how you can call these constructive. They were not constructive but bordering on abusive to a great player.
These days it seems we have to mention this even before the game starts. This is to ensure some people don't go OTT and start a topic addressing me if Tendulkar scores. Some have made it sound as if the posters here don't rejoice when Tendulkar scores. I know of no Indian cricket follower that does not enjoy watching Tendulkar. If Tendulkar scores and India wins I'm happy. If Tendulkar doesn't score and India wins I'm still happy. If Tendulkar scores and India loses I'm unhappy. Now this is no rocket science and people should not able to grasp this little logic.
Exactly...
Some of the threads have not been criticism, they have been disgrace. eg selfish sachin, eyeing personal milestones, sachin should retire etc etc. Many posters then joined in the bashing on these threads. Not sure how you can call these constructive. They were not constructive but bordering on abusive to a great player.
how is sachin should retire - disgrace, abusive, bashing ???

from ODIs Yes. Its time we rebuilt this team. sooner the better. I want Sachin to retire after 20/20 WC, saurav as of today, dravid in a yrs time ONLY FROM ODIs. Saurav in test i dont care but Sachin and Dravid we still need them in test team.