West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

I don't want Aaron or Yadav to play all games on these tracks yet....Bowling on unhelpful wickets in testing conditions when you are the best pace bowling prospects in the country is unfair especially with Aussie tour coming up.... May be 1 game each will be ok just to give them a taste of intl.Cricket and that too against a weak WI side.

I think Yuvi will only get the nod if we decide to play with a 3-1 combo (3 pacers, 1 spinner). If we go with two spinners then it will be Kohli I feel.
Yuvi will play in both the scenarios.If the selection committee and team management had in mind to play Kohli at no.6,they wouldnt have selected Yuvi.

I am so so happy with the team selected for the first test. I had this thing in my mind, that no trundlers like PK and VK should be selected, but I thought that i am hoping against hope. But, I am really surprised to see the team selected and so happy. My team will be-- V Sehwag G Gambhir R Dravid S Tendulkar V Laxman Y Singh MS Dhoni R Ashwin V Aaron I Sharma U Yadav

I am so so happy with the team selected for the first test. I had this thing in my mind, that no trundlers like PK and VK should be selected, but I thought that i am hoping against hope. But, I am really surprised to see the team selected and so happy. My team will be-- V Sehwag G Gambhir R Dravid S Tendulkar V Laxman Y Singh MS Dhoni R Ashwin V Aaron I Sharma U Yadav

Yuvi will play in both the scenarios.If the selection committee and team management had in mind to play Kohli at no.6' date='they wouldnt have selected Yuvi.[/quote'] The only chance is failures in the first Test, and selectors making him waterboy again. I am fearing a swashbuckling hundred :fear:

So Praveen Kumar is dropped ? Strange decision after his performance in England. He bowled like a work horse when everyone else was falling apart and if it wasnt for him bowling 30 overs a day and taking crucial wickets, it would have been even more embarrassing for our team. His domestic record in Indian conditions is also very good. So no reason to drop him really.

I think MS Dhoni need some rest badly and he could have got rest from 1st test at least. But selectors are thinking of giving him rest in ODIs not tests. I think G Gambhir will captain in ODIs like he did against NZ earlier this year. Bcoz Dhoni needs to improve his form in tests as well. He has done well in ODIs not in tests.

sreesanth36 "You can only try your best. And if they canÃÕ appreciate that, itÃÔ their fault, not yours." about 1 hour ago Ž· reply Ž· retweet Ž· favorite :cantstop:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Fantastic team selection!!!! We got the best of both worlds.... all the top class batters and the most exciting bowling talent going around India at the moment. With this squad I would fully expect a 2-0 or 3-0 win against the windies if we can keep bishoo off guard. This surely looks like a 2-2 pace and spin combo in the offering. Ojha and ashwin are very able replacements for darty. Ishant and umesh/aaron should be a fantastic new ball pairing. PK is definitely a horses for courses type of player and we should only play him in conditions that suit his style of bowling as he is cannon fodder on indian test match pitches. The batting line-up pretty much selects itself. Sehwag-->Gambhir-->Dravid-->Sachin-->Laxman-->Yuvi-->Dhoni-->Ashwin-->Ishant-->Ojha-->Umesh

sreesanth36 "You can only try your best. And if they canÃÕ appreciate that, itÃÔ their fault, not yours." about 1 hour ago Ž· reply Ž· retweet Ž· favorite :cantstop:
sreesanth36 "Never stop loving someone bcoz u never know when they start loving u back.But if it wonÃÕ change, wait until your heart voluntarily quits." 2 hours ago Ž· reply Ž· retweet Ž· favorite
:cantstop:

Poor sreesanth.... lagta hai paagal ho gaya hai... only 1 advice for him....'ghum ka saathi rum' The bowlers selected for this series are those with the best potential as far as international cricket is concerned. Enough of picking useless mediocre first class cricketers just because they have taken 200 wkts after playing for 10 yrs :wink: Time to blood genuinely exciting bowlers against the weaker test teams and see what sort of temperament they show at the highest level.