West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Don't worry about the crowd. They will be fine as long as the selectors pick either Saha, Dinda or Tiwary in the squad. They don't have to play but must be in the squad. Worst case scenario - ask Ganguly to commentate on the match and show his face every 10 minutes on the big screen. The Bongs will be fooled into believing that he is waiting to bat.

Don't worry about the crowd. They will be fine as long as the selectors pick either Saha, Dinda or Tiwary in the squad. They don't have to play but must be in the squad. Worst case scenario - ask Ganguly to commentate on the match and show his face every 10 minutes on the big screen. The Bongs will be fooled into believing that he is waiting to bat.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Andy is coming soon :secret:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

With Windies series in mind, Sehwag to play domestic T20 More... With Windies series in mind, Sehwag to play domestic T20 Express news service Posted: Oct 20, 2011 New Delhi: In a bid to prove his match fitness ahead of next monthÃÔ Test series against West Indies, Virender Sehwag is expected to play the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament that starts at Lahli, Haryana on Thursday. The Indian opener, who till recently was undergoing post-surgery rehabilitation, will be taking field for Delhi on Friday when they take on Jammu and Kashmir. Confirming this, the chairman of DelhiÃÔ selection committee Chetan Chauhan said, źes, he will just miss the first game. I have already spoken to him and he has confirmed his availability. He will lead the side, he said. Sehwag, who underwent shoulder surgery midway through IPL 4, joined the Indian team in England for the third and fourth Test. He returned home before the ODIs to complete his rehabilitation as he was struggling to throw and bowl. Sehwag, who turns 33 on Thursday, has been at the National Cricket Academy where he has been batting. The national selectors are expected to pick the Test squad at the end of the month.

Team for 1st test v Windies-Discuss Guys, what do you think who should be the bowlers in the upcoming test matches against WI?? They are far away, just after couple of weeks. Yet, our main bowlers are not fit at all, like Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, S Sreesanth. And I don't think RP Singh should be given the chance once again before proving his form and fitness in domestic matches. Keeping this in mind, there got to be some new fast bowlers who will get chance. 1. Praveen Kumar will be there to lead the attack. Should RP be there to support him? 2. We got to keep upcoming Australia tour as well. 3. Should Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron be tried in test matches as well and be there in the squad, given the fact that they can generate excellent amount of pace? 4. Selection of R Ashwin over Harbhajan Singh or comeback of Harbhajan singh?

Ishant is likely to play the domestic t20s for Delhi. In all likelihood will play the WI tests.

Ishant quickly hit the straps beating batsmen on a few occasions during his practice spell. Delhi skipper Mithun Manhas received a couple of bouncers from his lanky Delhi teammate. However, the medium-pacer had to cut short his training session when the sole of his shoe came off. “I have bowled a few overs at the National Cricket Academy. Today is the first time I bowled in the nets with the Delhi team. I felt good about my bowling. I believe I am ready to play in the Twenty20 tournament in Lahli,” Ishant said. No discomfort Ishant is hoping to be at his best for the series in Australia, which begins with the Boxing day Test match in Melbourne. “I am following a strict training schedule that will help me overcome the ankle injury without having to go in for surgery. It involves strengthening exercise not only of my ankle but my entire core muscle section. I am happy with the results and I don’t think I will need surgery at the moment. I am not experiencing any discomfort in my left ankle but once I play a few matches I will get a better idea of how well I have recovered,” Ishant said. The fast bowler is considering surgery only after the tour of Australia since going under the knife could mean that he could be out of action for about six months.
http://cricket.expressindia.com/news/Ankle-on-mend--Ishant-hopes-to-peak-before-Aus-series/858315/
:finger: