West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Ishant is likely to play the domestic t20s for Delhi. In all likelihood will play the WI tests. http://cricket.expressindia.com/news/Ankle-on-mend--Ishant-hopes-to-peak-before-Aus-series/858315/
Yes, you can clearly see over here that Ishant himself knows that he will not be fit for WI matches. He is aiming to be fit by 1st test against Australia. I am dead sure Ishant and Zaheer will not play in tests against WI. So, at this time, we have only 1 test pacer who is fit i.e. Praveen Kumar. Who will be the other 2 pacers?? I hope VK will not be one of them

Though PK worked like a warhorse in England, I am still not 100% sure of his inclusion in our test tram. He's very-2 slow and specially in places like India or even Australia, once the swing stops, one needs to have some degree of pace to trouble the batsmen. His swing is something that batsmen would get used to over time, specially in test matches. It would get difficult to "manage" the attack(as MSD calls it) in that case.

Though PK worked like a warhorse in England, I am still not 100% sure of his inclusion in our test tram. He's very-2 slow and specially in places like India or even Australia, once the swing stops, one needs to have some degree of pace to trouble the batsmen. His swing is something that batsmen would get used to over time, specially in test matches. It would get difficult to "manage" the attack(as MSD calls it) in that case.
that is my doubt as well and having only 2 pacers, one of which is PK In test, is a big gamble. If you 3 pacers, then he easily makes his place, but in 2, I can see Dhoni keeping up to him after fist 10 overs.