West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

that is my doubt as well and having only 2 pacers' date=' one of which is PK In test, is a big gamble. If you 3 pacers, then he easily makes his place, but in 2, I can see Dhoni keeping up to him after fist 10 overs.[/quote'] That would be a very Matthew Hoggardish situation isn't it? Useful only with the new ball, but after that not really effective. Also, England had a variety of bowlers and that too bloody fast, like Harmison, Flintoff and Jones. they could afford someone like a hoggard but we seriously can't,
Hoggard wasn't that slow. He could bowl consistently in the 130s.
Hoggard became slow later..I have seen him touching 140K even in tests. I don't think any team had or has a bowler like PK In their test team. Now there is one other than PK that is Copeland both are of same speeds, difference of height and swing and I dont see Copeland playing in SA test. Cummins may make his debut along with Harris and Johnson if everyone stays fit by the time tests come.
Hoggard became slow later..I have seen him touching 140K even in tests. I don't think any team had or has a bowler like PK In their test team. Now there is one other than PK that is Copeland both are of same speeds' date= difference of height and swing and I dont see Copeland playing in SA test. Cummins may make his debut along with Harris and Johnson if everyone stays fit by the time tests come.
Yep.
Hoggard became slow later..I have seen him touching 140K even in tests. I don't think any team had or has a bowler like PK In their test team. Now there is one other than PK that is Copeland both are of same speeds' date=' difference of height and swing and I dont see Copeland playing in SA test. Cummins may make his debut along with Harris and Johnson if everyone stays fit by the time tests come.[/quote'] We have had many such bowlers like Irfan, Unadkat are just 2 of them.

Batting, bowling fine, throwing still hurts: Virender Sehwag More... Batting, bowling fine, throwing still hurts: Virender Sehwag Khurram Habib, Hindustan Times Lahli (Haryana), October 22, 2011 The dusty, unmetalled road to the Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium can be tricky for bikers. Even then, several of them took the risk to watch Virender Sehwag in action. It was the India openerÃÔ first outing in a competitive game after the England Test series and the effort was meant to test his injured shoulder, which ruled him out of the subsequent one-dayers. And it came full of surprises. The conspicuous belly was ironed out and Sehwag looked younger than what he looked a couple of months back. The bat failed to do the trick even against an unfancied Jammu and Kashmir. He made just one off two deliveries, one of which got him caught behind off a drive. But his arm, still troubled by the shoulder injury, did get him some reward earlier in the morning. He got two wickets in two overs, helping restrict the Bishan Bedi-coached side to 122. At the end of it, Sehwag was a satisfied man. Ū am feeling much better, he said. ŵhis game helped me test my fitness. I can bat and bowl as well. There is not much problem. But he added: Ū am still having problem while throwing the ball (from the deep). That'll mean some more time in rehab. Ū am doing my (strengthening) exercises and following the fitness routine. He doesnÃÕ seem to be in a rush. He won't be there for Saturday's zonal T20 game against Punjab. ůo, I won't play tomorrow but I am looking to get back to action soon. He'll get more chances in this tournament. Delhi play Haryana on Monday and against Services on Tuesday and he might pick one of those two games. Target: WI series Sehwag has his eyes set on the West Indies series. That, incidentally, will be India's first Test series following the humiliation in England. India need to do well to heal some of those wounds. Å®y target is to get fit for the West Indies Test series (starting at his home ground in Delhi on November 6). I am preparing for it. However, he added a rider. Å£ut before that I need to undergo a fitness test. I'll play only if I feel fit and fine. Unfortunately, he might not get match practice for days' cricket before the first Test. The Ranji Trophy begins on Nov 3 and its first game will end only on Nov 6, the date the first Test begins. The T20 games here may offer the only real match practice for him before the WI Tests. .

Which means he isn't fully fit yet. With Ranji matches starting from 3rd Nov, he should be asked be asked to play 3-4 Ranji matches before cming back to international cricket. Even if it means him missing the WI tests, so be it. In fact not just him, even Sachin, Yuvraj (if picked for tests), Rohit (if picked for tests) should all be asked to play the Ranji matches before coming back to the national side.

Which means he isn't fully fit yet. With Ranji matches starting from 3rd Nov, he should be asked be asked to play 3-4 Ranji matches before cming back to international cricket. Even if it means him missing the WI tests, so be it. In fact not just him, even Sachin, Yuvraj (if picked for tests), Rohit (if picked for tests) should all be asked to play the Ranji matches before coming back to the national side.
this,i am tired of seeing playing coming back too soon and not prepared.

Team for 1st test v Windies-Discuss These odis have thrown up all kinds of selction dilemas, particularly in light of distraous england test series. So many big decisions. 1. Should 1 legend be culled to make room for a young batter and start transition process? 2. Who should bat 6? Yuvraj, Raina, Kohli, Mukund or even Rahane. 3. Who should be our spinner? Bhaji, Ashwin or Oijha 4. Who should be our pacers? So many new speedsters. My Team 1. Sehwag 2. Gambhir 3. Dravid 4. SRT 5. Laxman 6. Kohli 7. Dhoni 8. Bhaji 9. P Kumar 10. Ishant 11. Aaron (zk will be injured so toss up between aaron and yadav)

For the 1st test I'd like us to play full strength. Wont mind Dravid making way for a youngster say Kohli or Rahane. He's been in good form and can play the last test ahead of Aus tour to get some match practice. Yuvraj if fit, should surely be in the main team. Bowlers, of course Ishant and PK pick themselves while Bhajji might get 1 more shot at it. So Yadav/Aaron would be 3rd pacer.

For the 1st test I'd like us to play full strength. Wont mind Dravid making way for a youngster say Kohli or Rahane. He's been in good form and can play the last test ahead of Aus tour to get some match practice. Yuvraj if fit' date= should surely be in the main team. Bowlers, of course Ishant and PK pick themselves while Bhajji might get 1 more shot at it. So Yadav/Aaron would be 3rd pacer.
No, just no.

windies tour will be ideal for testing the young brigade ,i would like to see rahane,kohli,rohit(if fit),ashwin,ojha,yadav and aaron in the squad,rest viru,laxman ,zak for important aussie tour, also it is very imp. to check progress of ishant and also dhoni need some well deserved rest ,so kartik or parthiv should be there and please no raina in test .so my 11 would be: Rahane Gg Dravid Tendu Virat Rohit Karthik or parthiv Ashwin or ojha(although iwould go with ojha as left arm variaty) P.k V.a U.y

Abhinav Mukund (Sehwag should play next two tests) Gautam Gambhir ( He should play 1st and 3rd test) Dravid (All three tests) Tendulkar (He should play 1st and 2nd test) Laxman (All three tests) Kohli Dhoni Ashwin Bhajji Ishant/PK Aaron/Umesh Ishant shouldn't play only 2 tests. PK has played a lot in last few months. So, he can rest now. We can give chance to two spinners. PK doesn't need much opportunity at this time. But he should remain match fit, so 1 test is good enough for him. He can play ODIs later. Ishant needs to play to regain his form. We need to give chance to two spinners. India is best place for a spinner to gain confidence and form. That's why I would go with 2 spinners. Whoever performs better should be selected for Australia series.