India vs Pakistan ODI coming up

King

You guys excited about the upcoming game? What waste of travel though for Pakistan? They traveled all the to play one game against India. Usually I'm pretty excited at the prospect of watching India v Pakistan but unusually I'm not feeling the excitement or even looking forward to the game. I feel it is yet another of those useless ODI that is lined up by the administrators that have no clue about cricket. I don't see how this ODI is going to help either teams. I would like to see all the young ones like Uthappa, I Sharma and the rest get a hit in the upcoming ODI. It'll be good to see Tendulkar, Rahul, Ganguly vs Akthar but as we all know Akthar may not even bowl his full quota of overs. Also he is coming off an injury so he may not really stretch himself. Asif/Akthar will make a good combination but I would want to see the youngsters get a chance to go against Pakistan.

i am seriously waiting for this game to end in our favor.. there are few paki folkz @ my work place and my other paki mates who keep saying crap about tendulkar and other players whenever they score.. keep saying bloody.. on 3rd we create a new movie.. starring Indian stars and co.. and special apperence of shoab actor and co who would dissapoint the crowd.. bring it on.. in sab pakiyo ka inshallah niklegaa on 3rd june

actually we watched the 2003 world cup game together... and it was amazing.. luckily we didnt watch the 2005 odi series together.. which we lost.. but yaa its really fun.. i have this kashmiri friend, he supports Shahid afridi, but when he gets out,, then he starts supporting India.

The only Pakistanis I've know are the Pakistani posters here. I haven't met a Pakistani in this part of the world so there's no pressure on me.:P
Seems like i'll need to do some Tendu bashing to get you excited about the game!:tounge_smile:
i thought pak had to play a game against england also to cover up the financial loss of last year's oval fiasco
Yeah that was the original plan but lately i haven't heard anything about it.

I expect India's vast experience in the batting order and the fact that we have already played 3 matches in Irish conditions to help us prevail over Pak. The Pak batting order looks brittle, With Salman Butt , Yasser Hamid and Imran Nazir in the top three. This is probably Pak's most inexperienced batting order in the last 10 years. They blasted away with freedom in flat track at home against Sri Lanka, but i dont think they can do the same here against the Indian bowling in helpful conditions.

weather doesnt look promising. I dont mind these warmup matches before the tour of England. Well, thats what they are. Batsmen and bowlers get used to the conditions which is very good. This is better preparation than the tour of Australia where we only have one warmup match. That is simply horrible planning. If you are serious about winning get atleast two warmup games against the Aussies in the tour Down Under.