Dhoni will prove he is no FTB

This summer he will show everyone. A lot of people say he cant do it overseas. This tour he will show people that he is not a Flat Track Bully. In SA(fast bouncy tracks with movement) he looked really good and was technically fine, just did not kick on to get big scores. He will prove to everyone he is the man for all occassions.

Yup, Dhoni will do fine.He has got a good temperament for an attacking batsman. He can buckle down n hang around if the situation demands. We, Indians are fickle minded.I remember when everyone was so buoyant about Dhoni...as if he is the second coming of Jesus! He is class.

i think u have to wait a series or 2 to come out with a such a statement.... lets see how he does in this england tour...
I am making a prediction! Just like I predicted sachin will fire when he was doubted and like when I predicted Yuvraj fire when he was getting slagged. Dhoni I predict will answer his critics and prove himself to be a champion!
I am making a prediction! Just like I predicted sachin will fire when he was doubted and like when I predicted Yuvraj fire when he was getting slagged. Dhoni I predict will answer his critics and prove himself to be a champion!
well tht happens, good for indian cricket.. lets see.. hope he comes good....

I think he is an FTB. All you need to do is watch 10 minutes of his batting and it will become obvious. This is not a knock on him, because FTBs CAN score runs in modern-day cricket, especially in ODI's. One thing is for sure though - he will never score anywhere near as prolifically away from home as he does in the subcontinent.

He is an FFTB (Flexible Flat Track Bully). In flat tracks, he will score like no other. In difficult Saffie conditions, he grinded it out with limited success. I dont think an VFTB (Vanilla Flat Track Bully) like Afridi, would have managed that. Bounce is not Dhoni's problem. Because of his height & muscle power, he can overcome the pace and the climb to a certain extent. Its when the ball moves our man is all at sea. He must learn to get thru the first 10 mins (as most of the time in such conditions he gets out very early in his innings). I think ma boy, Dhoni will be fine this tour. He will likely finish with an average of 30 in the test series with two useful 50s.

This summer he will show everyone. A lot of people say he cant do it overseas. This tour he will show people that he is not a Flat Track Bully. In SA(fast bouncy tracks with movement) he looked really good and was technically fine, just did not kick on to get big scores. He will prove to everyone he is the man for all occassions.
you're his personal astrologer? anyway, if he plays well, good. "India" may do well and Dhoni will get more moolah. nothing more can happen.

see, the point is, if people take cricket as a sport, it'll be great. If people take it as life, then there is a problem. Dhoni might be a good player, if he plays well in England, more so good for the team. Its the same thing with any player. I don't think people are waiting to pounce on Dhoni, because regardless of whether he succeeds or fails, he's still going to get the money, the ads. Its just the journalists who are concerned.

I believe Dhoni will do just well. I do believe you need some technique to keep the good balls away but at times technique is way over rated. You don't need technique to put away bad balls, you need to be positive to put away bad balls. That said I wouldn't make predictions about individual players it is pretty futile in the scheme of things for the team. Whether Dhoni or Tendulkar or anyone makes runs or not is not really so important as long as the results favour India. I can take 6 ducks from Dhoni and won't mind him proved FTB as long as India can win the test series.

Guest dada_rocks

Dhoni with those heavy bats and agriclutural shots hardly needs to read doosara teesara; even edges fly..:thumbs_up:..

i think MS Dhoni may not even make the first XI, if he continues mucking up on his principal job, keeping wicket. he has been shoddy, snatching at the ball and in general, looking like an ingenue behind the sticks. if i were Dhoni, i'd be worried, since everyone knows KKD is the better keeper of the two.