Dhoni will prove he is no FTB

They are both crap (Dhoni and Akmal). Worthless flat-track bullies and average 'keepers to boot. Niether of them would even make an English or Australian 2nd XI.
u r talking as if england has had a steady stream of class wicketkeeper-batters coming out.... atleast Dhoni has won some odis on his own and is in the top 5 in ICC odi rankings, irrespective of where he plays his innings.... there are a ton of other batters playing on the flat tracks, why are they not there in the top 5....

Kamran isn't very consistent but doesn't always play like an FTB... that innings at Karachi, the match saving century at Mohali and the match winning 50 odd at PE were all made in difficult batting conditions. I reckon Kami struggles against the swinging ball but does ok when the ball is only moving off the pitch.

Kamran isn't very consistent but doesn't always play like an FTB... that innings at Karachi' date= the match saving century at Mohali and the match winning 50 odd at PE were all made in difficult batting conditions. I reckon Kami struggles against the swinging ball but does ok when the ball is only moving off the pitch.
Did you even watch his hundred at Mohali ? Difficult conditions my @ss. The pitch was DEAD on that 5th day - a MAUSOLEUM. Even his Karachi hundred (as good as it was) was overrated, because by the time he spent half an hour there the movement wasn't there anymore. He was also very fortunate to be let off the hook when he was plumb lbw and also when Dhoni missed an easy stumping when he was on 48 Akmal is CRAP - hence why his batting average in Test cricket is under 30
Did you even watch his hundred at Mohali ? Difficult conditions my @ss. The pitch was DEAD on that 5th day - a MAUSOLEUM. Even his Karachi hundred (as good as it was) was overrated, because by the time he spent half an hour there the movement wasn't there anymore. He was also very fortunate to be let off the hook when he was plumb lbw and also when Dhoni missed an easy stumping when he was on 48 Akmal is CRAP - hence why his batting average in Test cricket is under 30
1- It wasn't a typical 5th day pitch but with Kumble bowling things were surely not very easy. 2- a) It's quite obvious that pressure would ease after you have spent some time on the crease b) Plumb LBW? kon sa bhai? c) He was let off on 82 not 48...big difference. 3- He isn't very consistent..i agree.

His second innings at Lords is basically going to decide his future in test cricket. India will most probably stick with him for the ODI's though, since the next world cup is going to be in the sub continent. Karthik seems to have a good cricketing brain, learns quickly and is definitely the better keeper. Anyone notice the number of byes Dhoni was giving !?!? I say play Yuvi 2nd test, that will add pressure onto Laxman and Ganguly to perform too. We need to change our line up according to form ....