Lee named in World Cup squad

King

Fast bowler Brett Lee has been included in Australia's preliminary 30-man squad for the Twenty20 World Cup. More... Lee named in World Cup squad By Vicki Hodges and agencies Last Updated: 10:25am BST 02/07/2007 bullet.gifAustralia squad bullet.gifCourt unable to rule on Pakistan duo Fast bowler Brett Lee has been included in Australia's preliminary 30-man squad for the Twenty20 World Cup. ucrup.jpgOn track: Lee is set to make international return at World CupLee missed the limited-overs World Cup in the Caribbean in April after ankle surgery but is on track to make his international return at the 20-over competition in September. Lee is joined in the squad by fellow paceman Shaun Tait, who is also making good progress after surgery to remove scar tissue from his right elbow last month. The squad contains all members of the team that won the limited-overs World Cup two months ago, apart from the retired Glenn McGrath. Selectors have also named seven players yet to have a taste of international action, including Tasmanian trio George Bailey, Luke Butterworth and Brendan Drew. Other uncapped players named in the squad are Bushrangers David Hussey and Andrew McDonald, Queensland paceman Ashley Noffke, dashing Western Australian wicketkeeper-batsman Luke Ronchi and his Warriors team-mate Marcus North. Victorian pair Cameron White and Shane Harwood, who both starred in Australia's Twenty20 triumph over England in January, were both selected as was Tasmanian swingman Ben Hilfenhaus. The squad will be reduced to 15 players in mid-July. Australia selectors chairman Andrew Hilditch said: "We believe we've picked a squad of 30 specifically for the game of Twenty20 cricket with a view to Australia becoming a force in this form of the game." Australian squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Adam Gilchrist, George Bailey, Nathan Bracken, Luke Butterworth, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Dan Cullen, Brendan Drew, Brad Haddin, Shane Harwood, Matthew Hayden, Ben Hilfenhaus, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, James Hopes, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Phil Jaques, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Andrew McDonald, Ashley Noffke, Marcus North, Luke Ronchi, Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Adam Voges, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

I didn't say that because Lee was selected but just that I feel there is no other team that can blast away as the Aussies can do at the moment. I cannot see another ODI side that has players suited for Twenty20. WI would be the team to challenge Australia I feel.