India-Pak game will be more relaxed: Dravid

King

Upbeat with the recent win over South Africa, captain Rahul Dravid said the one-off limited overs charity game with Pakistan in Glasgow would be more low-key than usual. More... 'India-Pak game will be relaxed' Glasgow (Scotland), July 3: dravid.jpgCaptain Rahul Dravid said Tuesday's one-off limited overs "I guess there is a more relaxed atmosphere," Dravid told reporters on Monday. "The games in India and Pakistan can be more tense because of the expectations from the numbers of people in the stands. "I'm sure this match will be well attended but it will be nowhere near the 70,000 or 80,000 crowds you see in India and Pakistan." Dravid is pleased India are getting an extended period to get used to the prevailing wet conditions before taking on England later this month. India play Pakistan after beating South Africa 2-1 in Belfast after a 10-day trip to Northern Ireland. The first test at Lord's against England is on July 19 and by then India will have had a month of cricket in the UK. "It is good we have a chance to acclimatise to the conditions," said Dravid. "The boys have been together for about 10 or 12 days, the spirit in the camp has been really good and we had a great win against South Africa. "To beat South Africa in those conditions, which suited them more than us, and having issues with illness in the camp showed a lot of character in the team and I am really proud of the way they responded. That should give us a lot of confidence going into the England tour and from a bonding point of view." Dravid said he was likely to have a fully-fit squad to select from on Tuesday after Yuvraj Singh's minor groin injury improved. "We have struggled a bit with the flu over the last week or so but everyone seems to be getting over that," Dravid said. "There were some concerns with Yuvraj but he seems to have pulled up quite well this morning and hopefully with another workout he should be ok."

This is more of a charity game and is going to be played in a friendly atmosphere I see. There is no point waiting with bathed breath for this game to start like some of our posters are dong here. I'm sure they will be disappointed to know this is more of a charity game and is going to be played in a pretty relaxed atmosphere.