Dravid goes where no Indian captain has gone before.

jf1gp_1

Winning a test in SA. Dravid may not make it to the final and lose every 'masala' ODI tournament he plays, team lead by him may have also had some bad series but what he does best is create records. ODI chase record then he won in WI after 30+ year and now first captain to win in SA. Mind you others have visited SA with more or less the same team only to return empty handed but not Dravid. Thank you Sir, keep the flag flying high.

Re: Dravid goes where no Indian captain has gone before. Dravid needs to lead the team to a series victory. Currently, India are merely in the same position they have been in many times before before. Granted, winning in SA is a first and therefore a historic result but India under Ganguly also achieved similar feats - winning a test in WI after 36 years, winning a test in Australia after 21 years, winning a test in England after 16 years etc. Dravid is on the same plane, but he needs to take India further. A victory in SA would mean that the team has advanced to the next level, and only then can he be rated as a better captain than Ganguly.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Dravid goes where no Indian captain has gone before. DRavid has got betetr bowlign resources and I scincerely hope and wish this time we go beyond drawing series and winning just tests.... :wtg: Har har mahadev :hail:

Re: Dravid goes where no Indian captain has gone before.

true..more often than not our win overseas is followed by a defeat :eek:
If i remember correctly, last 5 tests we have played we won 2 of them (against different opposition neither on Indian soil) and given 10 more overs and one lost day thanks to rain we could have won another 2.

Re: Dravid goes where no Indian captain has gone before. At least one of my prediction has come true India winning a test match. I hope they go on to win the series. Winning then becomes a habit. I know Aussies in the mid and late 90s used to win the test series but not the ODIs under Mark Taylor. Eventually winning became habit and we all know where they are now. India has to win the series and rest assured the forutunes in ODI will change quite dramatically. More than anything they have the personnel right barring one player. That is the sole reason for the win.

Re: Dravid goes where no Indian captain has gone before.

3-0 is the call.. :wtg: :wtg:
Now now veer there is no need to get greedy .... :hic:
huuu why not?? we have all the fire power.. we are good at flat tracks, we are good at turning tracks.. and we just showed we can be good at seaming tracks.. so why the hell not.. i would say we wont lose a test.. may be tie one but wont lose any..