I'm always thankful to Jagmohan Dalmiya: Akhtar

King

The Pakistani fast bowler has said that he would always be thankful to former ICC president Jagmohan Dalmiya for supporting him when his bowling action was under the scanner. More... I'm always thankful to Jagmohan Dalmiya: Akhtar ANI GLASGOW, July 4: Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has said that he would always be thankful to former International Cricket Council (ICC) and Indian cricket board president Jagmohan Dalmiya for supporting him when his bowling action was under the scanner. Terming the period when his action was deemed suspect as "terrible", Shoaib, however, said the controversy had made him a tougher cricketer. "Yes. Even that was a terrible period and it really hurt me. The first time, in 1999-2000, was awful. I'm always going to be thankful to Mr Jagmohan Dalmiya, the then ICC president, for his support," Shoaib said. "But, as I said, every controversy has made me a better and stronger person. I may have felt gutted, but the controversies haven't killed my josh (passion) and desire to play for Pakistan," he added. On being asked if he was up to the task of bowling at 100-mph when Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar was in the opposition, Shoaib, often referred to as the 'Rawalpindi Express', said the opposition doesn't matter to him. "No. Opposition doesn't matter. Sachin is a good batsman and a humble person. At the same time, I haven't forgotten, he once called me a chucker. I had to restrain myself. Virender Sehwag said the same thing and, today, he's been chucked out of the team," he said. The 31-year-old bowler said that October-November last year was the worst period for him, when he failed a drugs test carried out by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and had to be called back from India where Pakistan were about to start their ICC Champions Trophy campaign. "My own countrymen shunned me, with some even refusing to look at me. It was a terrible period. Everybody's body mechanism isn't the same and certain levels are higher in my body compared to others," the Dawn quoted him, as saying. "My hormone level fluctuates. I didn't take drugs to enhance my performance. I don't need to. I don't know why I was treated so badly. The test didn't show I was an evil person. I've always been misunderstood. I've never seen myself bigger than the game," he added. On his relationship with the late Bob Woolmer, who was the coach of the Pakistani team, the 43-Test veteran said: "It took me a year to understand Bob. It probably took him quite a bit of time to understand me as well and realise that match-winners are rare and need to be looked after. We did have differences, but I didn't misbehave." "His death left me stunned. What's worse is his body remained in Kingston for weeks and weeks. Such indignity," Shoaib said.

Guest dada_rocks
Yes Ravi should be banned for putting up an article with a moderately sane title! Lets just stick to "mommy Sachin called me a chucker" and carry on with the bashing.
What's insane about it.. A habitual bad-mouther who indulges in gutter lanaguage at drop of hat in cricket field invoking someone's sister mother whines about sthg very legitimate if at all sachin said i, mind you which most of the cricketing world didn't even notice. So at worst it might have been some subtle comment. If it's not whine then what is.....