How do you like to have your dinner?

Gambit

Are you the old style "family that eats together stays together" types where all members of the family have to sit down at the table and eat together? Or do you prefer to eat in front of the television and just use your lap/coffee table? Or do you prefer to eat in front of the computer while watching a movie? Given the option right now, I'd go for the first one. But usually, it's the second/third one.

That is very interesting Rajiv. I need a company while eating. But mostly I need wifee around while I am eating dinner. But at times I eat in front of TV watching something. But with kids I have to be on the table or else expect lot of trouble. Sometimes I go sit next to the pool and eat dinner with the cool pleasant sound of waterfall with dim lights in the pool.

I'm for all the options depending on how the day is spanning. Lunch invariably with the desktop and the laptop. Morning tea and evening tea is pretty much in the dining. Dinner depends really, mostly with the family and on odd occasion while on the laptop. If there's cricket on, the food's in the lounge of course.

That is very interesting Rajiv. I need a company while eating. But mostly I need wifee around while I am eating dinner. But at times I eat in front of TV watching something. But with kids I have to be on the table or else expect lot of trouble. Sometimes I go sit next to the pool and eat dinner with the cool pleasant sound of waterfall with dim lights in the pool.
My ex-wife and I used to watch TV and eat dinner :haha: It's just habbit since childgood, actually I am so stubborn that I would find the right channel first to watch..at times the food gets cold ( weird eh! )

Are you the old style "family that eats together stays together" types where all members of the family have to sit down at the table and eat together? Or do you prefer to eat in front of the television and just use your lap/coffee table? Or do you prefer to eat in front of the computer while watching a movie? Given the option right now, I'd go for the first one. But usually, it's the second/third one.
Good Q Gambo. If I lived with my family, may #1 like once a week (or every two weeks :giggle:) But I don't so, in front of my computer watching some T.V. show I downloaded. Even when I'm at home, it's usually standing up with my dish on my bookcase with my face 5 inches away from the T.V. which is right next to my bookcases.

..continuing with the question Do you have a fixed side dish you like to eat with your meal? I have yoghurt with every meal I have a glass of juice after lunch These days it's lassi When I was a kid, I would only eat plain food, like for eg., if it was dal..it had to strained. I always wanted a "thumbs up" (the drink )

i really would love eating food while sitting along with family members.. but heck, i dont have that oppurtunity @T.M.. its been 5 years and i am still continuing to eat food while sitting in front of pc or t.v....with a glass of may be heinekin or perhapz A tropicana orange..

Its been two months since i switched on the T.V. I got so hooked at a point that i decided to completely give it up. Generally , Breakfast is always got-to-finish-in-5-mins thingy. Lunch is a rarity. Dinner is with roomies. If no one is at home , then its with lappie , with some nice song or news bulletin on.

Would like to eat my meals in front of the tv (with hubby by my side of course) but hardly ever get to do that.I have tried but I have been lifted up with dinner plate in my hands and dumped at the dining table .:P When I am alone I sit in front of the computer and eat....

no major eating in front of the computer, unless it is some light snack with coffee. trying to avoid eating in front of the tv as much as possible. have gotten better. dinner is typically with the family, lunch at my desk or eat out with colleagues, breakfast alone as we all have our own morning schedule.