Why do we underestimate our fast bowlers?

ShebbySB

It was really annoying to see Umesh Yadav being described as Right Arm Medium in this series.He's an out & out fast bowler,if Steyn & Morkel is....Umesh was bowling in the early & mid 140's consistently,he bowled around 35 balls around 145kph & his fastest was 147.9 kph which was the fastest bowl of the match.These are seriously good speeds on a slow & low tracks like Kotla.He was faster than Ishant & Rampaul. Only Fidel was a bit faster on the average speed.I saw Steyn bowling in the 130-140 kph range & Morkel on 137-142 kph range.I'm not comparing them with Umesh on the bowling merit.But if u look around there are not many around bowling 150+ today.So Umesh & Aaron should be Right Arm Fast like Edwards & Roach.

It was really annoying to see Umesh Yadav being described as Right Arm Medium in this series.He's an out & out fast bowler' date='if Steyn & Morkel is....Umesh was bowling in the early & mid 140's consistently,he bowled around 35 balls around 145kph & his fastest was 147.9 kph which was the fastest bowl of the match.These are seriously good speeds on a slow & low tracks like Kotla.He was faster than Ishant & Rampaul. Only Fidel was a bit faster on the average speed.I saw Steyn bowling in the 130-140 kph range & Morkel on 137-142 kph range.I'm not comparing them with Umesh on the bowling merit.But if u look around there are not many around bowling 150+ today.So Umesh & Aaron should be Right Arm Fast like Edwards & Roach.
Certainly Yadav should be called "Right arm Fast" Anyone who can clock 145kph should be called fast
Same goes for Wahab Riaz. Harris and Johnson are labeled as right arm fast. Riaz is faster than Harris for sure. Finn has bowled fast for two series and he is called fast medium. Cummins who has played probably less matches (domestic and international included) is fast.
Same goes for Wahab Riaz. Harris and Johnson are labeled as right arm fast. Riaz is faster than Harris for sure. Finn has bowled fast for two series and he is called fast medium. Cummins who has played probably less matches (domestic and international included) is fast.
Doesnt really matter as long as PAce guns show otherwise :icflove: Cricinfo and TV channels wil make correction in sometime...
I am again repeating this' date=' the fastest bowl in that match was bowled by Umesh Yadav, i.e. 147.9 k and Edwards highest was 146.8 and on average as well, Umesh had more spells with faster average than F Edwards.[/quote'] Agree Yadav was clearly faster than Edwards.... Plus he also looked a better quality fast bowler to me.Edwards is a crap bowler Taylor,Roach etc are better thanhim ....
Agree Yadav was clearly faster than Edwards.... Plus he also looked a better quality fast bowler to me.Edwards is a crap bowler Taylor,Roach etc are better thanhim ....
No idea where Jerome Taylor has gone. He was a very good bowler. You know, the thing that irritates me a lot, when poor teams do experiments and then blunders. WI is going thru a rough time and then they are keeping out C Gayle and D Bravo and Jerome Taylor. Another example, if you ask any outsider who are the better bowlers in Bangladesh team, they will say Mashrafe Murtuza and Shahdat Hussain. They both are tall, bowls at good pace and have experience as well. But, ridiculous Bangladeshi team likes to make fun of themselves by loosing continuously but not playing some of these senior and better players