Finance/Investment Discussions

CC1981

I know so little about software that it isnt funny...anyways..when i want money, i will play the stock markets...i am very very far from a software kinda guy and even if i wernt, it'd take me years to build up the kind of expertese to command $130/hr US or even Canadian.

it depends on experience. Nowadays' date=' SAP developers are more than the demand[/quote'] Actually that's what I do. If you know SAP BW well or SAP APO or SAP XI , you can easily get 110 USD / hr plus all expense paid which adds up to 130 USD /hr all inclusive. And if you know functional area like Finance/Controlling , then you can easily command 130 USD /hr.

I know so little about software that it isnt funny...anyways..when i want money' date=' [b']i will play the stock markets...i am very very far from a software kinda guy and even if i wernt, it'd take me years to build up the kind of expertese to command $130/hr US or even Canadian.
Take some tips from Yoda. I think he is a player.

Actually that's what I do. If you know SAP BW well or SAP APO or SAP XI ' date=' you can easily get 110 USD / hr plus all expense paid which adds up to 130 USD /hr all inclusive.[/quote'] yeah I heard about SAP BW. I have some experience in SAP HR domain but right now I am not in SAP domain. Good for you

Actually that's what I do. If you know SAP BW well or SAP APO or SAP XI ' date=' you can easily get 110 USD / hr plus all expense paid which adds up to 130 USD /hr all inclusive.[/quote'] Does this require holding a CompSci degree and mastery of coding in C++ or Java ? Or can you learn this thing on your own in a few weeks/months etc. and take a CISCO-like test to get certified ?

Does this require holding a CompSci degree and mastery of coding in C++ or Java ?
No, but the Big 6 consulting companies insist on a degree sometimes.
Or can you learn this thing on your own in a few weeks/months etc. and take a CISCO-like test to get certified ?
Yes you can. Their are desi consulting companies which offer SAP courses for 2000 USD with hands-on training. But the problem is getting good experience because their are dime a dozen SAP developers especially from India. Since the implementation in SAP runs in millions and generally involves fortune 500 , it is easy to make out if your resume is rigged. And more often than not, these deshi resumes get filtered out. But SAP is not a PC based application like Java or C++. Therein lies the challenge to get proper training. I do both functional and technical. I have background in Finance and this helps me in SAP FI-CO configuration which has got nothing with technical skills like ABAP.

Software Consulting rates used to be pretty good during the "boom". I was a consultant myself earning a pretty decent rate ($135/hr). Rates started falling a few years ago and I have since ventured into the regular perm market. Lucky for me the startup I went to work for was acquired by the market leader. I am in the J2EE world. KR, I didn't know SAP rates had gone back to the $110/hr range (take home for the consultant). Which geo. area is this?

I worked as an summer intern in a company in ABAP and BSP. KR: do you work of our own or in a company?
Right now a company. But I have been independent contractor before. Try to get into SAP XI and Netweaver if you can. Hot skills man , Guarantee 100 to 120 USD/hr rate for the next few years.

Right now a company. But I have been independent contractor before. Try to get into SAP XI and Netweaver if you can. Hot skills man ' date=' Guarantee 100 to 120 USD/hr rate for the next few years.[/quote'] no one takes without experience. RIght now I am stuck in Core Java and servlets domain

Software Consulting rates used to be pretty good during the "boom". I was a consultant myself earning a pretty decent rate ($135/hr). Rates started falling a few years ago and I have since ventured into the regular perm market. Lucky for me the startup I went to work for was acquired by the market leader. I am in the J2EE world. KR, I didn't know SAP rates had gone back to the $110/hr range (take home for the consultant). Which geo. area is this?
I am in South area. But irrespective of that if you are experienced in SAP BW or SAP XI , you can still get 110 hr/range. In fact I have an offer from an oil company for 130 USD /hr just as we speak. In fact their are niches areas in ABAP like CICS (Energy) and ISOIL wherein you can still get 110 USD/hr. Also, I have branched to functional area now . But work more as a team lead delegating all work to India:P That is why you can find me here nowadays.

No, but the Big 6 consulting companies insist on a degree sometimes.... Yes you can. Their are desi consulting companies which offer SAP courses for 2000 USD with hands-on training. But the problem is getting good experience because their are dime a dozen SAP developers especially from India. Since the implementation in SAP runs in millions and generally involves fortune 500 , it is easy to make out if your resume is rigged. And more often than not, these deshi resumes get filtered out. But SAP is not a PC based application like Java or C++. Therein lies the challenge to get proper training. I do both functional and technical. I have background in Finance and this helps me in SAP FI-CO configuration which has got nothing with technical skills like ABAP.
Err...i am in Canada..India is utterly irrelevant to me in this...my point is, if this is something i can learn on my own ( or with few months of training) without having to go to University for 4 years, i'd be willing to look into it.

:haha: for a moment I was suprised to see so many responses about Chinese Lettuce:haha: BTW KR me in DW area, fairly decent for now. Planning to start a LLC in a year or two, lets see. SAP is good but man their front end(BW) sucks hehehe. Business Objects is much better :tounge_smile:

Guest dada_rocks
Yoda' date='are you an active trader. I think it may be a good idea for us to start a thread on stocks which will have info of what we bought , why we bought etc.[/quote'] yes please do do that......I need some sound avice................................. my money is rotting in bloody checking account