Gautam Gambhir seems to be a shadow of his previous self..

Well lets see what happens... you guys got a ton of faith in a guy that only does well against the likes of NZ. So far everyone of our batsmen have clicked except him this world cup. Even Pathan came in and did what we expected him to do against Ireland. Dhoni and Yuvraj have contributed in their own regard too. The pure batsmen IE Sehwag, Kohli, Sachin all got hundreds. Its time for Gambhir to prove himself with the bat since he cant contribute with the ball or on the field. 50-60 runs isnt good enough on a team that is relying solely on their batting to win a world cup. India isnt relying on bowling to win a world cup or amazing fielders...They need their batsmen to click. Saying Gambhir got 100+ against NZ months ago is irrelevant in the world cup so hopefully he will prove himself in the next few games. I expect his score to be around 70 with netherlands and then 30 SA and 40 WI. Not good enough for this team which is dependent on runs and batsmen in my opinion.

Well lets see what happens... you guys got a ton of faith in a guy that only does well against the likes of NZ. So far everyone of our batsmen have clicked except him this world cup. Even Pathan came in and did what we expected him to do against Ireland. Dhoni and Yuvraj have contributed in their own regard too. The pure batsmen IE Sehwag, Kohli, Sachin all got hundreds. Its time for Gambhir to prove himself with the bat since he cant contribute with the ball or on the field. 50-60 runs isnt good enough on a team that is relying solely on their batting to win a world cup. India isnt relying on bowling to win a world cup or amazing fielders...They need their batsmen to click. Saying Gambhir got 100+ against NZ months ago is irrelevant in the world cup so hopefully he will prove himself in the next few games. I expect his score to be around 70 with netherlands and then 30 SA and 40 WI. Not good enough for this team which is dependent on runs and batsmen in my opinion.
Where were you when SA fast bowlers gave a real work over for Raina in the recent series? He could hardly put bat to ball. Gauti did well against Pakistan and also SL in the Asia cup. HE is pure quality and big match player.
Its time for Gambhir to prove himself with the bat since he cant contribute with the ball or on the field.
Not sure what the hell you are on about, but you are talking about a guy who averages 40 with strike rate 86 and nine centuries in ODI cricket...he doesn't need to "prove" anything. Yes, he hasn't converted his starts into a big score yet in this World Cup but hopefully it will come soon...his record suggests it will.

Sigh...I am not saying Raina should be #3. I am saying Kohli at 3 and Raina at 6. Gambhir cannot put up big scores in ODIs against strong teams at #3. Also Raina is still the top scorer in the IPL which mostly took part on Indian wickets. Much of his runs are from the #6 spot. Also he brings the element of a spin option as well as being India's best fielder into the equation. Gambhir had one good "big match" 2007 in the T20 finals against Pakistan thats it. He has beautiful technique granted but eventually he is going to have to string together 3 or 4 good games IN A ROW the way someone like Kohli has. The politics are pretty deep in team India and I expect Gambhir to stay even if he gets a duck next two times.

Sigh...I am not saying Raina should be #3. I am saying Kohli at 3 and Raina at 6. Gambhir cannot put up big scores in ODIs against strong teams at #3. Also Raina is still the top scorer in the IPL which mostly took part on Indian wickets. Much of his runs are from the #6 spot. Also he brings the element of a spin option as well as being India's best fielder into the equation. Gambhir had one good "big match" 2007 in the T20 finals against Pakistan thats it. He has beautiful technique granted but eventually he is going to have to string together 3 or 4 good games IN A ROW the way someone like Kohli has. The politics are pretty deep in team India and I expect Gambhir to stay even if he gets a duck next two times.
Gambhir was in top 10 ICC ranking when the world cup started. He was ranked above Sachin, Sehwag. Only now he has slipped to 13. He is still well above Raina who is ranked 31st. must be political :cantstop:
Bit of a big call mate. He also scored 83 in the Asia cup win over Pakistan and scored 56 (S/R over 100) against them before getting run out in the defeat in ICC Trophy. So he has had 3 good knocks against 1 team. Admittedly one of them was in a losing cause but had he stayed in against Pakistan things may have been different as he was in very good nick. I don't think we can drop Gambhir to bring in Raina. If we lose 2 quick wickets, Raina, Yuvraj and Dhoni are simply not in good enough form to be relied upon to rebuild an innings.
Ok genius!! enough BS from you. Now lets see some FACTS & FIGURES : Highest scorers for India in ODIs in 2010: Link Gambhir was 2nd highest scorer in 2010 and since you are making comparisons then let me tell you that he Averaged more than Kohli and had a higher strike rate than Kohli in 2010. Highest scorers for India in ODIs in 2009: Link Gambhir was 3rd highest scorer for India in 2009 and his strike rate was much better than the highest scorer of the year Dhoni. Highest scorers for India in ODIs in 2008: Link Gambhir was the highest scorer for India in ODIs in the year 2008. Now take this - :finger::finger::finger::finger: and come back when you have some solid arguments to back your mindless claims about one of India's most consistent ODI batsman in the last 3-4 years.
Ok genius!! enough BS from you. Now lets see some FACTS & FIGURES : Highest scorers for India in ODIs in 2010: Link Gambhir was 2nd highest scorer in 2010 and since you are making comparisons then let me tell you that he Averaged more than Kohli and had a higher strike rate than Kohli in 2010. Highest scorers for India in ODIs in 2009: Link Gambhir was 3rd highest scorer for India in 2009 and his strike rate was much better than the highest scorer of the year Dhoni. Highest scorers for India in ODIs in 2008: Link Gambhir was the highest scorer for India in ODIs in the year 2008. Now take this - :finger::finger::finger::finger: and come back when you have some solid arguments to back your mindless claims about one of India's most consistent ODI batsman in the last 3-4 years.
That should shut him up. :winky:
Nice one...put the troll in his place!
Where were you when SA fast bowlers gave a real work over for Raina in the recent series? He could hardly put bat to ball. Gauti did well against Pakistan and also SL in the Asia cup. HE is pure quality and big match player.
What do you classify as a big match in ODIs? Finals are not the only big matches but they are hugely important. Gambhir's average in finals is 12 across 7 finals (decent sample size). PS: Not suggesting that India should drop him (crazy topic IMO). I just checked the stats on the Indian players in finals and wanted to point it out. Most of the players surprising have very poor records in finals.

I know he may have good decent averages and aggregate scores. He does great against the NZ and Pak of the world in liittle meaningless games. How about showing up against South Africa Australia etc in ODIs? For every hundred this guy gets its followed by about 0-25 runs. Id rather have a guy who gets 70-80 70% of the time. Lets see what happens the next 3 matches consider the next game is against a minnow i expect him to excel and then disappear against SA. Watch the SA game closely i can guarantee he'll get 30-40 runs and god willing the brilliance of Pathan can save India this time.

I know he may have good decent averages and aggregate scores. He does great against the NZ and Pak of the world in liittle meaningless games. How about showing up against South Africa Australia etc in ODIs? For every hundred this guy gets its followed by about 0-25 runs. Id rather have a guy who gets 70-80 70% of the time. Lets see what happens the next 3 matches consider the next game is against a minnow i expect him to excel and then disappear against SA. Watch the SA game closely i can guarantee he'll get 30-40 runs and god willing the brilliance of Pathan can save India this time.
If we use the same logic for any batsman.. everyone is crap :winky: You will have to drop everyone.
What do you classify as a big match in ODIs? Finals are not the only big matches but they are hugely important. Gambhir's average in finals is 12 across 7 finals (decent sample size). PS: Not suggesting that India should drop him (crazy topic IMO). I just checked the stats on the Indian players in finals and wanted to point it out. Most of the players surprising have very poor records in finals.
Final alone is not big match. Even in groups there are some matches that are important. In Australia CB series against Australia and Srilanka he was the highest run getter from every team.

Well basically i expect him to get a respectable 70 against netherlands...you all will sing his praises undeservingly. Probably will be invisible with 30 40 runs against SA and West Indies. Quarterfinals will probably do well 70-80 runs Semifinals probably 10-20 runs.

Well basically i expect him to get a respectable 70 against netherlands...you all will sing his praises undeservingly. Probably will be invisible with 30 40 runs against SA and West Indies. Quarterfinals will probably do well 70-80 runs Semifinals probably 10-20 runs.
Thanks for your prediction. Let me say. Raina will score 10 runs in the next match and every other match.. Based on both prediction Gauti is better. :wall:
One request - please come back to this thread after each of India's matches to see how good your predictions have been :giggle:
Any scientific basis to your prediction or just shooting arrows in the dark hoping that one of them hit the target