Gautam Gambhir seems to be a shadow of his previous self..

Wow, Gambhir had another awful game. So far all of India's batsmen have contributed at least 1 game with the bat except him. 28 runs for the left handed master of spin? This guy brings nothing with the field or bowling and still has a spot reserved. Awful awful game by him again.

Wow, Gambhir had another awful game. So far all of India's batsmen have contributed at least 1 game with the bat except him. 28 runs for the left handed master of spin? This guy brings nothing with the field or bowling and still has a spot reserved. Awful awful game by him again.
you expected him to score respectable 70 against netherlands :cantstop:

LOL exactly VVS...I expected him to finally click against a minnow team - he cant even do that!! Hopefully we play in the quarterfinals against NZ and he can at least put up 60-70. I can guarantee once again SA and WI will not be friendly to GG.

LOL exactly VVS...I expected him to finally click against a minnow team - he cant even do that!! Hopefully we play in the quarterfinals against NZ and he can at least put up 60-70. I can guarantee once again SA and WI will not be friendly to GG.
No.. i made fun of your ridiculous prediction.

Gambhir fan - Nehra would like to convert runs into big ones. Its a matter of whether Gambhir has the ability to do it against strong bowling attacks. I expect him to load up on a Pak or NZ type team in the quarterfinals but guys like Morkel and Steyn will take him to the cleaners. So far Yuvi has 2 half centuries plus wickets, Kohli a century, Sachin and Sehwag. Yusuf impressed so much they put him at three this game. The weak link has been Gambhir!!! 30-50 runs is not going to cut it on a team that will rely 100% on batting to win the world cup! India is going to need their top 4 to click to win the world cup. That means at least 1 of them has to play until about 40th over. So far everyone but Gambhir has come through. Either he needs to preform or move Kohli to the anchor role and put Raina at 6 or 7.

Gambhir is a proven big game player and generally always performs against Pak - the most likely team we will meet in Quarters. He's an amazing player against spin and so should do well against SL as well. I say keep Gambhir unless he throws his wkt away in the next couple of games as well. Gambhir seems to be in fine nick and I'm sure a big one is just round the corner.

Gambhir fan - Nehra would like to convert runs into big ones. Its a matter of whether Gambhir has the ability to do it against strong bowling attacks. I expect him to load up on a Pak or NZ type team in the quarterfinals but guys like Morkel and Steyn will take him to the cleaners. So far Yuvi has 2 half centuries plus wickets, Kohli a century, Sachin and Sehwag. Yusuf impressed so much they put him at three this game. The weak link has been Gambhir!!! 30-50 runs is not going to cut it on a team that will rely 100% on batting to win the world cup! India is going to need their top 4 to click to win the world cup. That means at least 1 of them has to play until about 40th over. So far everyone but Gambhir has come through. Either he needs to preform or move Kohli to the anchor role and put Raina at 6 or 7.
Jonas RAINA was out of form in SOUTH AFRICA he played in 1 test match and scored 1 and 5 and then didnt do well in the LOI sure you can play him instead of GAMBHIR whats the guarantee that RAINA would score? Im not a blind GAMBHIR supporter but he did score a 50 against ENGLAND sure he gets out in a weird way but when VIRU/SACHIN were attacking from the other end he was playing the supporting role you cant expect both the batsman to attack at the same time he has helped us win important games while chasing and i hope that a big one by him is around the corner
Ok. Thank you for your insight into Gambhir's batting. this is for you :reddy:
Ok. Thank you for your insight into Gambhir's batting. this is for you :reddy:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Jonas RAINA was out of form in SOUTH AFRICA he played in 1 test match and scored 1 and 5 and then didnt do well in the LOI sure you can play him instead of GAMBHIR whats the guarantee that RAINA would score? Im not a blind GAMBHIR supporter but he did score a 50 against ENGLAND sure he gets out in a weird way but when VIRU/SACHIN were attacking from the other end he was playing the supporting role you cant expect both the batsman to attack at the same time he has helped us win important games while chasing and i hope that a big one by him is around the corner
That's true... Gambhir raises his game in crucial chases and especially against Pak and SL :smiley:

Looks like it could be a toss between Kohli and Raina. We don't need both Kohli and Gambhir. Raina brings in a great finisher game along with Yuvraj, Pathan and Dhoni. Kohli is no use down the order and we already have Gambhir for that. With thw twin fails fo Kohli, it looks better for Raina to play ib nig matches. Thanks, Kholi, well played. Now get that water bottle to Yuvraj,

"Jonas RAINA was out of form in SOUTH AFRICA he played in 1 test match and scored 1 and 5 and then didnt do well in the LOI sure you can play him instead of GAMBHIR whats the guarantee that RAINA would score?" Ummm you are aware this world cup is in INDIA not South Africa right? Raina is the #1 IPL scorer usually from a low slot with Chennai. If we have a steady anchor like Kohli at 3 and Yuvi at 4 we likely wont even have to bat past Dhoni. Gambhir is just wasting a spot on the field and in the order. Lets see now what he does against SA LOL!

"Jonas RAINA was out of form in SOUTH AFRICA he played in 1 test match and scored 1 and 5 and then didnt do well in the LOI sure you can play him instead of GAMBHIR whats the guarantee that RAINA would score?" Ummm you are aware this world cup is in INDIA not South Africa right? Raina is the #1 IPL scorer usually from a low slot with Chennai. If we have a steady anchor like Kohli at 3 and Yuvi at 4 we likely wont even have to bat past Dhoni. Gambhir is just wasting a spot on the field and in the order. Lets see now what he does against SA LOL!
Ipl and World cup are two different things and Steyn and Morkel would also pepper Raina with short balls and its not a guarantee that Virat or Yuvi will score all the time. I dont know why you hate Gambhir so much what will you say about Sehwag then after 175 he hasnt clicked will you drop him?

We need Kohli And Gambhir both because Yuvi is not a genuine number 4. Do you people think its a coinsidence that Yuvi (who was unable to buy a run for past year) magically discovers form with Kohli Gambhir tendulkar and Sehwag batting ahead of him? He's much more of Number 5 that can finish teams off and can only come in earlier when the top 3 get of to a good start.