Why was Saqlain dropped

I have wondered about this since some time. I remember Saqlain as one of the best off spinners in the world - a true magician but dont understand why he was dropped from the Pak team. Was there a match fixing connection or did he not get along with Inzi or what? He showed his class against India today which makes this question pertinent.

Saqlain was dropped because mullah Inzi wasn't satisfied with the length of his beard he wanted Saqi's beard to be as long as Yousuf's and when Saqi refused he was kicked out of the team for a hindu named Danish Kaneria
:hysterical: Saqlain was, without doubt, the best one day spinner I have ever seen. A genuine match turner. Wasim used to use him quite brilliantly. As Predator stated in one of his posts, he was a spinner who bowled with a fast bowler's mindset.
since dsr isn't online i will do the honors... Saqlain was dropped because mullah Inzi wasn't satisfied with the length of his beard he wanted Saqi's beard to be as long as Yousuf's and when Saqi refused he was kicked out of the team for a hindu named Danish Kaneria
Brilliant!:haha::haha:

He totally lost all the venom/bite in his bowling towards the last set of the matches he played. Sehwag made him look like a net bowler in the 2004 series. Not only did Saqlain didnt take any wickets, he didnt look like taking one. Though looking at the stats , it doesnt look as though he performed miserably. In his last 10 test matches , he has taken 43 wickets at 25 and the number is a respectable 13 wickets for his last 10 ODI matches. Makes me wonder if there were vested interests in the team that didnt want Saqlain.

since dsr isn't online i will do the honors... Saqlain was dropped because mullah Inzi wasn't satisfied with the length of his beard he wanted Saqi's beard to be as long as Yousuf's and when Saqi refused he was kicked out of the team for a hindu named Danish Kaneria
:hysterical:, sarcasm really brings out everyone's sense of humous. Why was saqlain dropped ? Sehwag!
MP' date=' how would you feel if he is selected for England and does well? Won't it feel a trifle strange and maybe you will harbour some resentment for Saqlain?[/quote'] Actually i was thinking about the same thing...Who would have thought that a guy born and bred in a poor area of Lahore who for the 1st 17to 18 years of his life had almost no contact with the happenings outside will now be playing cricket for England?! So his selection in the ENG team wills defiantly seem very strange but i guess you have to respect his decision.
Actually i was thinking about the same thing...Who would have thought that a guy born and bred in a poor area of Lahore who for the 1st 17to 18 years of his life had almost no contact with the happenings outside will now be playing cricket for England?! So his selection in the ENG team wills defiantly seem very strange but i guess you have to respect his decision.
it's simply not going to happen.
Fack me a pak showing sense of humor about religion. Well done MP :thumbs_up:
Guest dada_rocks
He totally lost all the venom/bite in his bowling towards the last set of the matches he played. Sehwag made him look like a net bowler in the 2004 series. Not only did Saqlain didnt take any wickets, he didnt look like taking one. Though looking at the stats , it doesnt look as though he performed miserably. In his last 10 test matches , he has taken 43 wickets at 25 and the number is a respectable 13 wickets for his last 10 ODI matches. Makes me wonder if there were vested interests in the team that didnt want Saqlain.
Sehwag has this mindset where spinners don't deserve to be in field, he canes anyone when he is in so imho that should not have been reason enough..see he was injured and by the timehe recovered partially kaneria had all but sealed the spinners slot