Is Ashwin the genuine all rounder we are looking for?

On Chennai pitch in IPL even the likes of Jakati trouble batsmen :haha:
i am not talking about Ahswin is good or not...frankly speaking we no longer have quality spinners any upcoming spinner needed surface suitable or else they are just new Bhajji's
i am not talking about Ahswin is good or not...frankly speaking we no longer have quality spinners any upcoming spinner needed surface suitable or else they are just new Bhajji's
Ashwin on a helpful pitch will be a handful. Let's not crucify Ashwin just yet based on his showing in Australia. Australia is the grave yard of finger spinners, especially offies, with leggies and left armers much more handy in Aus. Even Murali and Ajmal looked quite ordinary in Aus and it's unfair for a relative newbie (Ashwin) to be judged after this series. Let's give Ashwin a longer run like we did Bhajji and let's judge him in a year's time, preferably after NZ and Eng home series. I am sure he won't disappoint us.
Ashwin on a helpful pitch will be a handful. Let's not crucify Ashwin just yet based on his showing in Australia. Australia is the grave yard of finger spinners' date=' especially offies, with leggies and left armers much more handy in Aus. Even Murali and Ajmal looked quite ordinary in Aus and it's unfair for a relative newbie (Ashwin) to be judged after this series. Let's give Ashwin a longer run like we did Bhajji and let's judge him in a year's time, preferably after NZ and Eng home series. I am sure he won't disappoint us.[/quote'] but problem with ashwin is he is not tight enough... good batsmen will even punish him at home u do need spells like one ojha bowled against australia 22 overs at 1-1.5 rpo ...
but problem with ashwin is he is not tight enough... good batsmen will even punish him at home u do need spells like one ojha bowled against australia 22 overs at 1-1.5 rpo ...
Ashwin at home won't struggle the way he did in Aus. In Aus pitches were so unhelpful to his brand of bowling that he tried way too hard and tried different things which played in batsman's hands. Also it didn't help that our batsmen never gave him any runs to play with or batted long enough so that he could bowl on 4th or 5th day with him bowling on Day 1 almost every test.
Ashwin at home won't struggle the way he did in Aus. In Aus pitches were so unhelpful to his brand of bowling that he tried way too hard and tried different things which played in batsman's hands. Also it didn't help that our batsmen never gave him any runs to play with or batted long enough so that he could bowl on 4th or 5th day with him bowling on Day 1 almost every test.
i agree but even at home at times he was expensive.. i hope he comes good.. cos he has talent..and he does a lot of things right.. i guess we are not a rebuilding phase many people will fail and would be forgotten hope ashwin isnt one of them
:haha::haha: Ignore him. Habitual whiner and troll. Comes on the forum solely to wind up people and gains some sense of accomplishment from doing so
The dumbest gujju by far that I have ever come across :agree:
nice one divck83.Couple of these bandwagoners have changed their stance on a bowler quite quickly.
I was talking about their stance on Ojha.And bandwagoners are ICF's achilles heel and asterix unkil.
Prove to me how I have changed my stance? I am talking about Ojha in comparison to Mishra. How is this post relevant to the discussion at hand? Does it change the fact that Ashwin jumped the queue? Edit - Funny to see bandwagoners call others bandwagoners :smile:

Call me names..but things has panned out exactly how many of us were fearing. You can blame the serniors, BCCI, pitch, weather and take solace in WC2011 win etc but the fact remains that we have been on a pretty steep downwards slope.. I fear we might lose or struggle to win in the upcoming home series too.. You call it whine or bandwagoning..The 8-0 thrashing, 1 win in last 16 abroad matches (further more thrashings coming up in the CW series and you fanboys will not even have the luxury to blame the seniors too).. So instead of calling us names, do some introspection, you fanboys.. Look the amount of humiliation has been brought under the koolness.. You guys can make a 'pongli' of the WC2011 win and shove it up your soggy arses..UV is not in the team this time to save the 'kool' **** in this series..

Call me names..but things has panned out exactly how many of us were fearing. You can blame the serniors, BCCI, pitch, weather and take solace in WC2011 win etc but the fact remains that we have been on a pretty steep downwards slope.. I fear we might lose or struggle to win in the upcoming home series too.. You call it whine or bandwagoning..The 8-0 thrashing, 1 win in last 16 abroad matches (further more thrashings coming up in the CW series and you fanboys will not even have the luxury to balm the seniors too).. So instead of callin us names, do some introspection, you fanboys.. Look the amount of humiliation has been brought under the koolness.. You guys han make a 'pongli' of the WC2011 win and shove it up your soggy arses..UV is not in the team this time to save the 'kool' **** in this series..
thats the only Weapon we have currently against marauding Pakis :--D
Call me names..but things has panned out exactly how many of us were fearing. You can blame the serniors, BCCI, pitch, weather and take solace in WC2011 win etc but the fact remains that we have been on a pretty steep downwards slope.. I fear we might lose or struggle to win in the upcoming home series too.. You call it whine or bandwagoning..The 8-0 thrashing, 1 win in last 16 abroad matches (further more thrashings coming up in the CW series and you fanboys will not even have the luxury to blame the seniors too).. So instead of calling us names, do some introspection, you fanboys.. Look the amount of humiliation has been brought under the koolness.. You guys can make a 'pongli' of the WC2011 win and shove it up your soggy arses..UV is not in the team this time to save the 'kool' **** in this series..
Epic, dude :hail:. And don't you know, people come on the forum solely to wind up people and gains some sense of accomplishment from doing so. How can someone come "on" a forum? They come to one. By simply this, people judge. We make relevant points and make them rather clearly, unlike the cloak of diplomacy that is expected to be observed when talking about their bwaays. So we get a lot stick. What they don't want to do is "agree to disagree" which is what the "non-trolls" do. But do they do that? No. Instead they mock others. So aren't they equally trollish? Yes. And people notice it. They're just quiet, not blind. So this fake facade of these 3 odd people being balanced voices, on a forum of over 5,000 members and of others being trolls is rather unfortunate and hypocritical.
Epic' date=' dude :hail:. And don't you know, people come [b']on the forum solely to wind up people and gains some sense of accomplishment from doing so. How can someone come "on" a forum? They come to one. By simply this, people judge. We make relevant points and make them rather clearly, unlike the cloak of diplomacy that is expected to be observed when talking about their bwaays. So we get a lot stick. What they don't want to do is "agree to disagree" which is what the "non-trolls" do. But do they do that? No. Instead they mock others. So aren't they equally trollish? Yes. And people notice it. They're just quiet, not blind. So this fake facade of these 3 odd people being balanced voices, on a forum of over 5,000 memebrs and of others being trolls is rather unfortunate and hypocritical.
It was going well, lekin end wala line thodasa zyaada melodramatic ho gaya. Like Shah Rukh Khan's lip-quivering end lines in a Karan Johar or Yashraj film. Aankhon mein aasu aa gaya (NOT). Take it easy man, chill! It's just a cricket discussion forum. :dance:
It was going well' date=' lekin end wala line thodasa zyaada [b']melodramatic ho gaya. Like Shah Rukh Khan's lip-quivering end lines in a Karan Johar or Yashraj film. Aankhon mein aasu aa gaya (NOT). Take it easy man, chill! It's just a cricket discussion forum. :dance:
Haha. Thanks bro. That sure brought a smile. :--D Lets take the example of this thread - Link. I took some time and effort to write it. And what did they do? Flood it with nonsense. Ganesh calls himself a moderator, he had earlier deleted my posts in a thread where I questioned Gunner's personal vendetta, PM'd me asking me to make my criticisms about moderation via PMs only and refused to answer any of my PMs. Worse, he didn't even delete Gunner's posts neither did he reverse the needless infraction Gunner gave me. Rajiv had to step in at that time. So if there is so much issue and trouble, why not stay away from my thread and posts if you disagree with me? See, the thing is, we take efforts to write what we do and so do Ganesh, Sid and others. So why not respect that? I know its just a forum and we can get angry at each other in the heat of the argument. But we must not forget that we should be good fellow members too. I know they might have something against us and we might against them. The point is, there needs to be tolerance, whether we agree with the other person or not. Else, don't talk. Thats all bro. :friends:
Haha. Thanks bro. That sure brought a smile. :--D Lets take the example of this thread - Link. I took some time and effort to write it. And what did they do? Flood it with nonsense. Ganesh calls himself a moderator, he had earlier deleted my posts in a thread where I questioned Gunner's personal vendetta, PM'd me asking me to make my criticisms about moderation via PMs only and refused to answer any of my PMs. Worse, he didn't even delete Gunner's posts neither did he reverse the needless infraction Gunner gave me. Rajiv had to step in at that time. So if there is so much issue and trouble, why not stay away from my thread and posts if you disagree with me? See, the thing is, we take efforts to write what we do and so do Ganesh, Sid and others. So why not respect that? I know its just a forum and we can get angry at each other in the heat of the argument. But we must not forget that we should be good fellow members too. I know they might have something against us and we might against them. The point is, there needs to be tolerance, whether we agree with the other person or not. Else, don't talk. Thats all bro. :friends:
Ummm, I dunno your past histories. :nervous: But I know flame wars, gali-galauj and banter are part of the game. And at times it may hurt people as well. :(( But I'm sure no one means it that way. Have fun and enjoy the cricket. These are bad times anyway. :(( (0-8 :fear: ) Chill, and go :fishing: to the :beach: :dance: :dance:
Ummm, I dunno your past histories. :nervous: But I know flame wars, gali-galauj and banter are part of the game. And at times it may hurt people as well. :(( But I'm sure no one means things in that way. Have fun and enjoy the cricket. These are bad times anyway. :(( (0-8 :fear: ) Chill, and go :fishing: to the :beach: :dance: :dance:
:two_thumbs_up: No hard feelings. :friends:
Epic' date=' dude :hail:. And don't you know, people come [b']on the forum solely to wind up people and gains some sense of accomplishment from doing so. How can someone come "on" a forum? They come to one. By simply this, people judge.
Is this correction right up there with the one where you discovered there is no stadium called Lord and proudly announced it to everyone ironically, to correct someone for making a mistake in their quest for one-upmanship.
We make relevant points and make them rather clearly, unlike the cloak of diplomacy that is expected to be observed when talking about their bwaays. So we get a lot stick. What they don't want to do is "agree to disagree" which is what the "non-trolls" do. But do they do that? No. Instead they mock others. So aren't they equally trollish? Yes. And people notice it. They're just quiet, not blind. So this fake facade of these 3 odd people being balanced voices, on a forum of over 5,000 members and of others being trolls is rather unfortunate and hypocritical.
Balanced voices? You are the biggest whiner on the forum. Your posting isnt really aimed to engage in a discussion. Its simply to bait and troll by whinging about some imaginary conspiracy theories of bias. When someone actually falls for it, you respond by posting "Mission accomplished" pics.
Is this correction right up there with the one where you discovered there is no stadium called Lord and proudly announced it to everyone ironically' date= to correct someone for making a mistake in their quest for one-upmanship.
I laughed at it too. I laugh at my mistakes. Helps me grow.
Balanced voices? You are the biggest whiner on the forum. Your posting isnt really aimed to engage in a discussion. Its simply to bait and troll by whinging about some imaginary conspiracy theories of bias. When someone actually falls for it' date=' you respond by posting "Mission accomplished" pics.[/quote'] Buddy, I wasn't calling myself a balanced voice. I was calling you a balanced voice! As for the rest of the part of your post, buddy, tell me in all honesty, am I the only one who posts pics in response to posts? Disagree with my opinions. I'm not stopping you from that. But instead, don't troll in return. What may be trolling to you is not trolling to me, it is not trolling to Asterix, it was not trolling to Andy. So everyone has their say and voice. Labelling it is not the right thing to do. You are doing it even now by name-calling me. But I understand you are angry. And its okay. I've let go of things in post #177 itself.
I laughed at it too. I laugh at my mistakes. Helps me grow. Buddy, I wasn't calling myself a balanced voice. I was calling you a balanced voice! As for the rest of the part of your post, buddy, tell me in all honesty, am I the only one who posts pics in response to posts? Disagree with my opinions. I'm not stopping you from that. But instead, don't troll in return. What may be trolling to you is not trolling to me, it is not trolling to Asterix, it was not trolling to Andy. So everyone has their say and voice. Labelling it is not the right thing to do. You are doing it even now by name-calling me. But I understand you are angry. And its okay. I've let go of things in post #177 itself.
You are creating a false equivalence between trolling and having a difference of opinion. Both are entirely different. Trolling is when you repeat the same thing in n-different posts specifically to drive discussion towards something. Its when you imagine elaborate conspiracies and post them knowing that it will bait others and make them retaliate. Saying Dhoni made a mistake in selecting three spinners in a match affected by rain is a valid criticism and most people would agree. On the other hand, Saying Dhoni is motivated by an ulterior agenda and is biased against certain players is naturally a provocative opinion especially when there is no evidence to support the same. And then repeating the same thing in different words on every thread is called trolling.