Things you really need warning/bans for on ICF

CSK Fan

We have bans for abusing, bans for trolling and bans for being flamy. But there are other things we really need bans for. (BTW I will be the first one to admit that I am guilty of most of them) 1) Bringing the same joke, one-liner into every topic Believe it or not, there is such a thing as an overused joke. There is only so long one can laugh at the same joke again and again. So If I see a Ponting smiley in a sachin thread and a Dravid thread, I dont want to see it again in a Laxman thread. Thats over-kill. Why this Kolaveri di is a successful meme but do I need to see it in a thread about world poverty? Exception - RPT. That one will be evergreen and I am sure my grandsons will be using it to get a laugh 2) Over use of smileys - Smileys have a functioning reason. They cover for your lack of vocabularly and convey emotions to otherwise drab texts. But when you use smileys as a crutch, people will think you are as looney as a spastic with a perpetual smile on his face. There are posters who punctuate serious replies with inconsequential smileys, posters who giggle like a girl at everything and posters who are lazy enough to use smileys as a replacement for typing. We know who you are and we unanimously think you suck 3) Posters with vocab diarrhea (Guilty as charged) - No reply from them will be less than 2000 across by 1500 down. They are as subtle as a gorrilla with a sledgehammer. They are going to impress their cleverness on your person like a cowboy with a branding iron. A simple question like - talk about your mood- will go into the realms of philospy, religion and everything in between. We get it that you are smart. And that you need our attention like a baby crying for a diaper change. Now go sit in the corner, we will read your post when we are unemployed; or the project manager of an IT company 4) The 'neutral' third parties - Trust me, no person on earth can be neutral ever. Its human nature. No matter how much you pretend to enjoy good cricket, or good cinema, we know the magnetic north your bias points to. And when you finally come out of the closet, its much more pathethic than the antics of the die-hard fans who at least were honest up front 5) The thread de-railers - These guys have the uncanny tendancy of bringing each thread to the same point. A thread about sandwhiches will remind them of Sachin because he is so dependable. Afridi's strike rate or the percieved shortcomings of a particular religion will seem hillarious enough to them to the extent that they will generously post them in a thread dealing with Indian cooking. They never forget a grudge, spend their entire night thinking of an adequate comeback on a topic which they were pwned and then post the same in a complately irrelevant thread. The english language had to borrow the french phrase 'deja vu' because they found themselves inadequate to describe the effects of these posters on a common man. 6) The openly patriotic - These guys are the ultimate kill joys. They will make you guilty for enjoying any thing and everything. Sachin scored a 100 and India lost, you are the worst thing to happen to India. You bought a new, expensive phone - 70% of India live in poverty. One is supposed to watch the most inconsequtional of matches and support the lamest of player in the name of patriotism. We might pass the cricket test but we are never going to escape the eagle eyes' of these net Bhagat Singhs and Rajgurus. Their typical response starts with "team over country", "contribution to country", If I were in his place I would play for free", etc. All this while, sitting comfortably in a couch 7 seas away from India. Dude I know my param veer chakra doesnt prove anything but for once let me enjoy the game of cricket for what it is, let me chose what excites me and skip what does not in a game without feeling guilty about it

:hysterical::hysterical:

4) The 'neutral' third parties - Trust me, no person on earth can be neutral ever. Its human nature. No matter how much you pretend to enjoy good cricket, or good cinema, we know the magnetic north your bias points to. And when you finally come out of the closet, its much more pathethic than the antics of the die-hard fans who at least were honest up front
This is quite true. In matters cricket, or otherwise, there are only so many times where you can meet right in the middle. Absolutely detest when folks tend to suggest they could see both sides of arguments, use On the other hand context yada yada. Dude just take a stance, will you. You should also have a section for people whose response are typical one liners, or one word :doh:

5) The thread de-railers - These guys have the uncanny tendancy of bringing each thread to the same point. A thread about sandwhiches will remind them of Sachin because he is so dependable. Afridi's strike rate or the percieved shortcomings of a particular religion will seem hillarious enough to them to the extent that they will generously post them in a thread dealing with Indian cooking.
:haha: And yes, don't go around trying to be flamy now :nono:

6) The openly patriotic - These guys are the ultimate kill joys. They will make you guilty for enjoying any thing and everything. Sachin scored a 100 and India lost, you are the worst thing to happen to India. You bought a new, expensive phone - 70% of India live in poverty. One is supposed to watch the most inconsequtional of matches and support the lamest of player in the name of patriotism. We might pass the cricket test but we are never going to escape the eagle eyes' of these net Bhagat Singhs and Rajgurus. Their typical response starts with "team over country", "contribution to country", If I were in his place I would play for free", etc. All this while, sitting comfortably in a couch 7 seas away from India.
:hysterical: Dude why don't you write more often?

We have bans for abusing, bans for trolling and bans for being flamy. But there are other things we really need bans for. (BTW I will be the first one to admit that I am guilty of most of them

then why aren't they being used? :headshake:

:dance:

We have bans for abusing, bans for trolling and bans for being flamy. But there are other things we really need bans for. (BTW I will be the first one to admit that I am guilty of most of them 1) Bringing the same joke, one-liner into every topic Believe it or not, there is such a thing as an overused joke. There is only so long one can laugh at the same joke again as again. So If I see a Ponting smiley in a sachin thread and a Dravid thread, I dont want to see it again in a Laxman thread. Thats over-kill. Why this Kolaveri di is a successful meme but do I need to see it in a thread about world poverty? Exception - RPT. That one will be evergreen and I am sure my grandsons will be using it to get a laugh

read this one and I am like :band: my favorite one is saved...so i went to cricket talk and slapped it in the "orginator's" face

My2cents, I have always enjoyed reading each n every posts n articles of urs be it here or in Pp@$$10n... Haha u r actually gifted when it comes to writing n specially your sense of humor...and about ur debating skills, u have single handedly handled various haters n trolls on padosi sites all by urself n I silently enjoyed all ur awesome replies to bring those trolls back to the ground... On topic, number 3 irks me the most in politics/ religious section