My computer is fecked up. . . Needs help

JeffThommo_fan

Suggest me some good anti-virus or do I need to change the processor. Basically, it is stone-age era computer, bought in 2006. Intel P4, 3.06 GHz, 256 Ram, 80 GB HDD. It hangs up after every two minutes and is extremely slow. I have used that guardian antivirus as well as avasti. Sometimes, it become so irritating, that I want throw it from top of my building

Suggest me some good anti-virus or do I need to change the processor. Basically' date=' it is stone-age era computer, bought in 2006. Intel P4, 3.06 GHz, [s']256 Ram, 80 GB HDD. It hangs up after every two minutes and is extremely slow. I have used that guardian antivirus as well as avasti. Sometimes, it become so irritating, that I want throw it from top of my building
Upgrade it. Add some more to it...

Suggest me some good anti-virus or do I need to change the processor. Basically' date=' it is stone-age era computer, bought in 2006. Intel P4, 3.06 GHz, 256 Ram, 80 GB HDD. It hangs up after every two minutes and is extremely slow. I have used that guardian antivirus as well as avasti. [b']Sometimes, it become so irritating, that I want throw it from top of my building
about time you did that make sure you don't hit someone walking on the street below

Suggest me some good anti-virus or do I need to change the processor. Basically' date=' it is stone-age era computer, bought in 2006. Intel P4, 3.06 GHz, 256 Ram, 80 GB HDD. It hangs up after every two minutes and is extremely slow. I have used that guardian antivirus as well as avasti. [b']Sometimes, it become so irritating, that I want throw it from top of my building
LoL i kno wat u mean man. I also wanted to throw my trash intel celeron desktop out of the window badly, heck even refreshing the desktop would cause it to load 100 percents :mad:. But den i found out a good deal on craiglist and bought dat comp. My new comp newer slows down or anything even wen watching hd video or multitasking like hell:two_thumbs_up:..Ur comps hang up cuz it have very low memory but upgrading it is waste of time now so u will need 2 get a new pc.Don't get anything less den a quad core..Here r da spec of my new n old comp Old comp used for 6 years:(( ram 512MB hdd 40GB :haha: 2.6ghz celeron :dance: ati rage 64MB price 200 dollars New comp ram 6GB hdd 1TB 2.8ghz athlon x4 240gt Price 195 dollars

@ Bhanu You are talking about dollars mate' date=' I live in India mate and I don't want to buy computers online. I'd rather like to go to shop and buy some pc or laptop there. But, basically I am looking for some cheap solution, If I don't have to buy a new one or rather carry on with the present one[/quote'] I c mate.

Ok actually I wanted to ask' date=' if I upgrade RAM from 256 to 1 gb or change the processor, does it make any diff??[/quote'] Yes, even that would make much difference. I had one old desktop with 256mb ram and was unuseable - but is now useable after upgrading to 1GB. But dont expect too much, just basic browsing, emails and old games. Another thing you might consider is, using Ubuntu... or at least cleanup your windows, re-install would help - make sure to take backups.