What the **** was that Ashwin?! Ashwin's response (post #87)

Talwar

He should have attacked the 5th ball. Even if we had lost after that it would not have mattered. All this talk of ensuring we can't lose or avoiding defeat is nonsense. Nothing is won in life without taking risks.And he should have TAKEN That RISK , instead of blocking the 5th delivery. We have had too much of this attitude in Indian cricket and it needs to change. Bad shots can be excused but bad attitude cannot be overlooked. I am not saying it was Ashwin's fault. But the attitude is emblematic of a mindset that is pervasive in Indian cricket and has reared it's head in critical situations. Most famous example was the 2003 sydney test when Ganguly delayed the declaration because he was Scared of losing. Same story in 2007 in England when Dravid was the captain.

^^That is a good post. You do need to apply some caution as well. If you just wildly swing with the aim of winning, ain't going to happen. Regarding the 5th delivery, I agree, that was the time to go for the win. Probability of two wickets off two deliveries is pretty low.

It was a big mistake.... i think Ashwin shouldnot have taken the single on the last ball of the penultimate over which made aaron eat away four balls in the last over... that costed us the match however if anyone is to be blamed... i guess the top order batters were useless.... they should have played a bit more cautiously especially dhoni. Even midget and wall dismissals were so stupid... it was like they gifted there wickets.... you cant have soft dismissals in these games. It would have been different had they gone for a stroke and got out like lachuu did... or had they got a great delivery dravid in this series got out to samuels 3 times.... and i cant see any reason for that. The indian top order plays well against the recognised bowlers and get out to spinners and part timers and that is something that is unacceptable to me... :hitler:

It was a big mistake.... i think Ashwin shouldnot have taken the single on the last ball of the penultimate over which made aaron eat away four balls in the last over... that costed us the match however if anyone is to be blamed... i guess the top order batters were useless.... they should have played a bit more cautiously especially dhoni. Even midget and wall dismissals were so stupid... it was like they gifted there wickets.... you cant have soft dismissals in these games. It would have been different had they gone for a stroke and got out like lachuu did... or had they got a great delivery dravid in this series got out to samuels 3 times.... and i cant see any reason for that. The indian top order plays well against the recognised bowlers and get out to spinners and part timers and that is something that is unacceptable to me... :hitler:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Ashwin has got a good head on his shoulders. Displayed lots of common sense by not throwing it away on the 2nd last ball and risking an Indian loss. Under pressure good thinking by him. Yes, he should have gone for 2 right from the start and hoped fielder would misfield under pressure but other than that can't fault him. For a youngster playing his first test series he has exceeded my expectations overall. Nice addition to Team India :two_thumbs_up:

Seems like the lad cant take pressure. Prolly not cut out for big games but hoping he will improve with more exposure to international cricket.
:hysterical: So the guy takes loads of wkts in his debut series, scores a 100 when India were under pressure and displayed cool head throughout by not throwing it away before the last ball ensuring India doesn't risk losing the game and ppl come up with this sort of stuff :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Seems like the lad cant take pressure. Prolly not cut out for big games but hoping he will improve with more exposure to international cricket.
Coming into a WC QF and bowling in the powerplays against one of the biggest hitters of the game and getting him bowled..if that for you is not taking the pressure, nothing else will.