India vs WI, 3rd test at Mumbai : Discussions, observations, predictions, experiences and opinions

India vs WI, 3rd test at Mumbai : Discussions, observations, predictions, experiences and opinions  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

It is not fair to rest VVS or RD cause this is the only format they get to play in' date=' unless ofc they are nursing even a minor injury and can use the rest.[/quote'] VVS was on pain killers and has had a history of back trouble. If there is even a slightest chance of him aggravating the problem, should not be risked.
Would have loved to see Pujara get the spot since he lost the spot due to injury and now he's recovered he should get first shot at reclaiming the batting spot. Anyways it's good news as Rohit' date= Pujara, Rahane and Kohli should get a shot in the Tests ahead of Yuvraj and Raina.
Injury was bad luck but he can't just walk back into the side now. Has to show form at FC level first.
Rahane is already there.
I meant in the playing XI, not just the squad. I hope they play Rahane, Kohli and Rohit in the 3rd Test ahead of Tendulkar, VVS and Dravid. We have already won the series and no better way to give Test experience to youngsters. If they want to play Tendulkar for his milestone then maybe Gambhir can be rested for the game.
Injury was bad luck but he can't just walk back into the side now. Has to show form at FC level first.
Yup it was unfortunate but I was trying to follow the Aus model where a guy who was injured gets the first shot once recovered. That's why you see guys like Martin Love (100 in his las test innings) and Stuart Law not getting too many games.