India vs WI, 3rd test at Mumbai : Discussions, observations, predictions, experiences and opinions

India vs WI, 3rd test at Mumbai : Discussions, observations, predictions, experiences and opinions  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

If Laxman is injured and Rohit can come in his stead, Rahan can open in for GG and Dravid can be rested and Kohli can play too. Why not. These guys have nothing to gain now by grinding WI bowlers for runs. Varun and Rahul should play too and Ojha can sit this one out

Sehwag Gambhir Rahane Tendulkar Rohit Pujara Backup wk (Dhoni needs a break) Ashwin Ojha Varun Aaron Umesh Yadav We have already won the series and if you don't test youngsters against this WI squad at home, you never will get a better opportunity. I would rest Dhoni as well since he has been playing non-spot and needs a break. Gambhir can captain the team in place of Dhoni.

I meant in the playing XI' date=' not just the squad. I hope they play Rahane, Kohli and Rohit in the 3rd Test ahead of Tendulkar, VVS and Dravid. We have already won the series and no better way to give Test experience to youngsters. If they want to play Tendulkar for his milestone then maybe Gambhir can be rested for the game.[/quote'] Yep , my post wasn't related to the point you made there. I just thought I'd be unfair to Rahane to be there before Rohit in the squad and then Rohit getting in the XI before him. I agree with you , now we should look for the future and give as many chances as we can to these guys in these kind of dead rubbers. Both RD and VVS can be rested as they've played big innings already so they can put England tour back and Sachin should play in Mumbai. In that case All 3 rahane , kohli and Rohit can play.
Yep , my post wasn't related to the point you made there. I just thought I'd be unfair to Rahane to be there before Rohit in the squad and then Rohit getting in the XI before him. I agree with you , now we should look for the future and give as many chances as we can to these guys in these kind of dead rubbers. Both RD and VVS can be rested as they've played big innings already so they can put England tour back and Sachin should play in Mumbai. In that case All 3 rahane , kohli and Rohit can play.
If they do I would actually watch the Test else there's no reason to watch the game.
Yep, SRT should play in Bombay. I think VVS can be rested. He is the one with bad back, weak knees etc. Save him for Aus-slaying later.
Enough of this resting business. VVS fielded all through on the 3rd and 4th day and took a sharp catch in the slips. Seemed ok to me. His back is what it is for a while now and he seemed to have come to grips with it and manage things well. There is no need to rest a player in the name of getting ready for a Test series that does not even start for another month after this one ends. Test cricket is not an entitlement. The best players if available should play. So RD, VVS and SRT being the 3 best choices in the middle order should play unless something happens to them between now and the Mumbai Test. And for the fourth spot one amongst Kohli/Rohit/Rahane should play preferabbly Rohit. Let us see.

this is just over-use of quota system. also cant believe selectors are giving test spots based on ipl & 20/20 performances. rohit sharma is a slogger who should be limited to 20/20 only. test match spots should go to players like pujara, manish pandey, rahane who have consistently done well in ranji trophy instead of players like rohit sharma who slog in the ipl

this is just over-use of quota system. also cant believe selectors are giving test spots based on ipl & 20/20 performances. rohit sharma is a slogger who should be limited to 20/20 only. test match spots should go to players like pujara' date=' manish pandey, rahane who have consistently done well in ranji trophy instead of players like rohit sharma who slog in the ipl[/quote'] If you had told this before this Ranji season i would have agreed. Now that he has done well in couple of first class games... you can't fault selectors for picking him above a guy who has no clue about Tests even after 7 years. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/indian-domestic-2011/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=4;host=6;id=2011%2F12;type=season
this is just over-use of quota system. also cant believe selectors are giving test spots based on ipl & 20/20 performances. rohit sharma is a slogger who should be limited to 20/20 only. test match spots should go to players like pujara' date= manish pandey, rahane who have consistently done well in ranji trophy instead of players like rohit sharma who slog in the ipl
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ranjisuperleague2010/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=5961;type=tournament Rohit Sharma has scored quite heavily in domestic cricket in the last year and deserves a shot. If anyone is a cowlasher, it is Manish Pandey. i don't see VVS playing the next test, i think Rahane and Kohli should come into the side. It would be slightly unfair if Rahane misses out after being selected for all 3 matches but i can see him being left out with Rohit and Kohli playing. I'm not sure Dravid will want to sit out. He is in the the best form he has been for years and will see this as a chance to extend a golden run.
this is just over-use of quota system. also cant believe selectors are giving test spots based on ipl & 20/20 performances. rohit sharma is a slogger who should be limited to 20/20 only. test match spots should go to players like pujara' date=' manish pandey, rahane who have consistently done well in ranji trophy instead of players like rohit sharma who slog in the ipl[/quote'] 32255_121697754525998_128355057212158_221995_4545734_n..mp3
this is just over-use of quota system. also cant believe selectors are giving test spots based on ipl & 20/20 performances. rohit sharma is a slogger who should be limited to 20/20 only. test match spots should go to players like pujara' date=' manish pandey, rahane who have consistently done well in ranji trophy instead of players like rohit sharma who slog in the ipl[/quote'] Rohit Sharma was the 2nd leading run scorer in Ranji trophy behind Badrinath last year IIRC.Also he has started this season with 175 and 100 in his first 2 ranji matches . :confused: