Whom should we pick in place of Praveen?

koksmayu

difference is Irfan can bat better' date='n can also still swing the ball[/quote'] Even Mithun can bat, can move the ball at 135K, forget SL tour? Irfan is not batting the way you would have liked. His batting has gone down, which was evident in IPL as well in challenger trophy, not much to talk about even in Ranji about his batting, has scored 48 runs in 4 matches. Mithun has more runs than him at a better average and strike rate this season. Stop living in the past about Irfan and his batting. He should play this full season at least. We do not want another RPesque farce and should only select fittest players.
Even Mithun can bat, can move the ball at 135K, forget SL tour? Irfan is not batting the way you would have liked. His batting has gone down, which was evident in IPL as well in challenger trophy, not much to talk about even in Ranji about his batting, has scored 48 runs in 4 matches. Stop living in the past about Irfan and his batting. He should play this full season at least. We do not want another RPesque farce and should only select fittest players.
Mithun bowls dead straight,only occasionally moves the ball,that too at 125k,not 135.I've seen him in SL tour,IPLs n even some Ranji games. Irfan is in good bowling form,taking 14 wickets in 3 games,as far his batting goes,that was never the problem,we know he can bat well.did well on last Aus tour too.

Among the 3 genuine fast bowlers we have .. Umesh can swing the new ball, reverse it and seam it. Ishant would seam the ball and get steep bounce. Aaron can reverse the ball but his ability to swing the new ball is not clear. As Zaheer's fitness is not guaranteed --- we require a swing bowler at atleast fast-medium pace and preferably some experience for the additional pacer's slot. Who would fit that bill now ?

Mithun bowls dead straight,only occasionally moves the ball,that too at 125k,not 135.I've seen him in SL tour,IPLs n even some Ranji games. Irfan is in good bowling form,taking 14 wickets in 3 games,as far his batting goes,that was never the problem,we know he can bat well.did well on last Aus tour too.
Did you watch WI test at Barbados. He bowled slow but not 125. His fastest was 139K then and even Mithun has taken 10 wickets and the thing is Mithun wont break down while we cannot say same thing about Irfan. He is breaking down every season in last 2-3 years. We need fit bowlers, not bowlers who are coming back from long lay off after injury and is proving fitness through FC. And the bold part is the thing of past now. He is just shadow of Irfan the batsman nowadays whatever I saw of him since IPL.
Among the 3 genuine fast bowlers we have .. Umesh can swing the new ball' date=' reverse it and seam it. Ishant would seam the ball and get steep bounce. Aaron can reverse the ball but his ability to swing the new ball is not clear. As Zaheer's fitness is not guaranteed --- we require a swing bowler at atleast fast-medium pace and preferably some experience for the additional pacer's slot. Who would fit that bill now ?[/quote'] Vinay Kumar. I have a feeling he will be selected for PK.
Did you watch WI test at Barbados. He bowled slow but not 125. His fastest was 139K then and even Mithun has taken 10 wickets and the thing is Mithun wont break down while we cannot say same thing about Irfan. He is breaking down every season in last 2-3 years. We need fit bowlers, not bowlers who are coming back from long lay off after injury and is proving fitness through FC. And the bold part is the thing of past now. He is just shadow of Irfan the batsman nowadays whatever I saw of him since IPL.
Again don't take this as if I am supporting Irfan's inclusion, but in IPL, he was playing after a long-long lay-off. The only reason that Irfan is being discussed is that he has performed in domestic matches. Or, we should thrown in some totally unknown entity like Pat cummins was thrown in.Because the known one's are not giving much confidence, are they?
fitness is important,but so is performance,Mithun hasnt grabbed the opportunities given to him. the only reason I am pushin for Irfan is because he will bring balance to the side,Zak I dont think will bowl many overs.Irfan can allow us to pay 5 bowlers.n its not like RP's case,RP is fat n hadnt bowled for quite a while wen recalled(was holidaying IIRC).Irfan is in good bowling form n rythm. btw,wat happened to Tyagi?hes not even playing for UP
Again don't take this as if I am supporting Irfan's inclusion' date=' but in IPL, he was playing after a long-long lay-off. The only reason that Irfan is being discussed is that he has performed in domestic matches. Or, we should thrown in some totally unknown entity like Pat cummins was thrown in.Because the known one's are not giving much confidence, are they?[/quote'] Yaar as I said Irfan always does well in domestic cricket. Even when he was dropped he did well in FC, but never replicates that at the highest level consistently. We do not need stop gap arrangement for a tour. We need guys who have potential to play long. Experience without good usability is not good enough. He was coming back after a long time in IPL, but the thing I noticed his bowling technique which is still the same what it was when he was dropped. Saw him in Challenger trophy as well. I was his big supporter to have him as no. 7 and play as an alrounder, but he did not give me any confidence, not with the ball and also not with the bat. Also another aspect, how long he can hold his fitness as he has been unfit most of the time in last 2-3 years. We picked RP based on his credential and it was one of the most embarrassing moment in the recent history of Indian cricket when RP opened the bowling in the last test in England. I will rather have rookies who are enthusiastic and willing to run in rather than false experience. Especially on away tours, we cannot have bowlers with suspected fitness. We already have on in Zaheer.
fitness is important' date='but so is performance,[b']Mithun hasnt grabbed the opportunities given to him. the only reason I am pushin for Irfan is because he will bring balance to the side,Zak I dont think will bowl many overs.Irfan can allow us to pay 5 bowlers.n its not like RP's case,RP is fat n hadnt bowled for quite a while wen recalled(was holidaying IIRC).Irfan is in good bowling form n rythm. btw,wat happened to Tyagi?hes not even playing for UP
What are you talking about. He played 1 test and took 4 wickets there, all of top WI batsmen. Tyagi came back from injury but was struggling with his rhythm and bowling action. He will need some time to sort these things out.
Abu Nachim but selectors will select Mithun.
Totally agree with you Ravi. Abu Nechim is being sidelined by the selectors for reasons best known to them. Maybe due to his ICL connections or maybe because the Assam Cricket Board called the East Zone representative in the Selection committee Raja Venkat as a "Rubber Stamp". Whatever it is, the petty politics of BCCI is spoiling the career of this very talended youngster who can bowl as fast as Umesh Yadav or Varun Aaron but with much better control as we saw in the IPL.
Yaar as I said Irfan always does well in domestic cricket. Even when he was dropped he did well in FC, but never replicates that at the highest level consistently. We do not need stop gap arrangement for a tour. We need guys who have potential to play long. Experience without good usability is not good enough. He was coming back after a long time in IPL, but the thing I noticed his bowling technique which is still the same what it was when he was dropped. Saw him in Challenger trophy as well. I was his big supporter to have him as no. 7 and play as an alrounder, but he did not give me any confidence, not with the ball and also not with the bat. Also another aspect, how long he can hold his fitness as he has been unfit most of the time in last 2-3 years. We picked RP based on his credential and it was one of the most embarrassing moment in the recent history of Indian cricket when RP opened the bowling in the last test in England. I will rather have rookies who are enthusiastic and willing to run in rather than false experience. Especially on away tours, we cannot have bowlers with suspected fitness. We already have on in Zaheer.
Yes even I was kind of disappointed with what I saw in Challeneger and Ranji Trophy matches. Let's see who would be drafted in, anyways I don't think he's too much into contention. Fitness-wise, he looks ok but bowling-wise, it would again be a very dicey situation.