Sreesanth fined 30% Match fee

DesiChap

India paceman Shanthakumaran Sreesanth was later fined a total of 30% of his match fee for two level one breaches of the ICC code. His over-zealous celebration of the wicket of Hashim Amla was deemed to have been against the spirit of the game. That cost him 20% and an additional 10% will be extracted from his pay packet for two instances of wearing commercial logos on his clothing. Match referee Roshan Mahanama said: "We do not want robots out there but we do want players to control their emotions once they get onto the field because they have to realise they are role models for all those watching."

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Sreesanth fined 30% Match fee SMart move had they said fine was for nel incident then they had to fine nel too.. smart mofos of icc.. I don't think he did anything extra-ordinary, since when laughing became a crime..

Re: Sreesanth fined 30% Match fee

SMart move had they said fine was for nel incident then they had to fine nel too.. smart mofos of icc.. I don't think he did anything extra-ordinary, since when laughing became a crime..
watching the way Warne goes about it, there must be 2 sets of icc rule book.

Re: Sreesanth fined 30% Match fee I agree with Mahanama's observation, but why is it one sided? Why does Nel get away scot free every time? It's disgusting how the color of the skin decides the penalties. Even Asian match referees try to be overly righteous and punish their own lot.

Re: Sreesanth fined 30% Match fee

how does that idiot Nel have the license to abuse.....shame on the match refrees and umpires
Well Nel puts his hand on the shoulder of the umpire so somehow everyting he does becomes OK!!!!! :wall: Such one sided assh :mad: leness! So Nel sledging Sri with the heart thing is less bad?

Re: Sreesanth fined 30% Match fee Guys, they didn't mention the Nel incident. They said Sreesanth was fined for Amla's wicket. Honestly I didn't see it and can't really judge if that was right. I just hope Sreesanth controls his action a little bit at times otherwise he won't go home with enough in his pocket. Moreover he could probably use a little bit of that energy in his bowling. I like his attitude and the aggressive outlook but I don't want him to end up like Nel. It has to be controlled a little bit perhaps :chin: