If Sir Donald Bradman was born an Indian

CSK Fan

If Sir Donald Bradman was born in India

Topic - Bradman's incredible average of 99.94 Some random newspaper columnist

Its just a number Bradman

Never before has an individual been put over a team to the extent Bradman has. Cricket has been reduced to this, celebration of one man's personal achievement over the team goals. Lets take a look at this, this man's FC average in the difficult Aussie circuit is 10 runs lower than his international average which is largely inflated by playing against minnows such as India and South Africa. If we need something to celebrate calculate his average in FC cricket. Lets focus on cricket and not one man's quest for an individual record Indian fan 1 - Great point about Bradman being a minnow basher. His average is below 90 both against England and West Indies. His average is greately inflated by playing the likes of South Africa Indian fan 2 - He is playing for personal records. Screw him Topic - Bodyline series Some random newspaper columnist

Bradman disappoints in 'Bodyline' series

England's strategy of bowling at the body brought the great Don down to his knees. After chickening out of the first test, he succeded in making only one 100 and scored at an all human average of 57. The series has proved how foolish its to rely on Don to rescue the team in crictical situations. Its time to blood in younger players who can stand up for the team Indian fan 1 - Some great batsman he is. I will take Fingleton any day of the week, he at least is not a coward Indian fan 2 - Someone who cannot play the short pitch ball cannot be the so called 'best batsman ever'. Ponsford and Woodfull are bigger match-winners in difficult conditions. Indian fan 3 - Whats the point of even that 57 average when it was in a losing series? Topic - before Bradman's last test Some random newspaper columnist

Selecting Bradman a blunder?

Australia has named an ageing Bradman for the series against England. A not so well kept secret is that the match is a farewell gift to Bradman, to give him an opportunity to get the four runs to retire on an incredible 100 average. Amidst all the bon ami, one could almost forget that there is a match and a series at stake here. What is the 100 average but a number. do we really need to celebrate a personal achievement to this extent? What will the other young guns in the team feel? Indian fan 1 - We are a nation of record worshippers. Shame on us Indian fan 2 - Indians can only think of personal records. If it was Australia, Bradman would have been out of the team a long time ago. This will cause us losing a test Topic - After Bradman's last test Some random newspaper columnist

No fairy tale ending for the great Don

Don Bradman could not score the elusive 4 runs required to retire on an average of 100. Some would say its poetic justice for putting an individual over a team. The pressure on Sir Donald was evident as he chased his record and played a false shot to get out. Indian fan 1 - His record chase almost cost the team. Good riddance Indian fan 2 - It was evident how much he wanted the record and he choked under pressure. One selfish record hungry individual Topic - Sir Bradman knighted Some random newspaper columnist

Only Indian cricketer to be knighted

Donald Bramdan was named on new year's honour list amidst much controversy in India. Does a cricketer deserve to be knighted? After all, cricket is just a sport........ Indian fan 1 - What service does a sportsman provide? Has he done what a soldier does? this is stupid Indian fan 2 - Next what, they will knight Mallika sherawat for entertainment? Topic - Bradman's 29 100s, the highest by an batsman Some random newspaper columnist

Longetivty is not quality

Donald Bradman took all of 52 tests to retire on a high of 29 100s. But would others have reached the same milestones given enough chances?............ Indian fan 1 - How many of his 100s came against wins against non-minnows? Of his 29 100s, 6 were in loses and hence meaningless. A staggering 10 was against non-England, i.e, minnows. there are bigger match-winners in the team who are over-shadowed by his hype Indian fan 2- RPT boss, always RPT Topic - The greatest batsman ever Some random newspaper columnist

A very good bat but not the best ever

India has a perpetual need to justify itself on the world stage and seek attention. How else would you describe the attempt in many circles to name Bradman as the best ever? No doubt he was one of the greats of India, but the best ever? A certain Sir Richards comes to mind. Numbers arent everthing and no matter how much we jump from roof-tops to make an Indian the best ever, Trumper will be remembered as the true best bat by everyone Hypocrite Indian fan 1- He might have the best average but longetivity matters more than an average Indian fan 2 - We have greater match winners than him in tests Anonymous - If before retiring, Sir donald Bradman had looked into a mirror and asked himself, should I retire, it would have answered, " about 30 games ago". If he had asked the same mirror, " Who is the best batsman of all", the answer would have been " Sir Vivan Richard"

st (title): If Bradman were born an Indian, then -----> Don would have been hailed as the greatest almost undisputed and we would be saved from clicking on threads like this started by SRT fanatics :P Figures: B vs T Avg: 100 vs 56 ----> B RPI: 87.5 vs 49.50 ----> B RPT: 134 vs 81.52 ----> B 100s/inng: 0.36 vs 0.17 ----> B 100s/test: 0.56 vs 0.28 ----> B Why this B vs T debate, when it's B all the way :dontknow: PS for "easy comparison": IF both played 100 tests: B vs T Runs based on rpt: 13,400 vs 8,152 ----> B 100s: 56 vs 28 ----> B IF both played 200 innings: Runs based on avg: 20,000 vs 11,200 ----> B Runs based on rpi: 17,500 vs 9,900 ----> B 100s: 72 vs 34 ----> B

Ummm...you see the love Sachin gets for being marginally better than most other players? Aside from his 99 centuries his average etc are in many cases not better than other players. If we had a guy that had a 99.94 average he would literally be worshipped in this country as a god. Thread fail.

Btw, i have never once claimed that Sachin is greater than don. Just examples of things our self loathrs Would touch on. Have not even touched on the part where he refused to play for his country because he had a contract with a newspaper Also as usual, this is meant as a funny piece. no one complains when exaggeration is used to make fun of pak. But as soon as don's name is taken, his followers defend him with more zeal than muslims defend Muhammad. Why is only this piece being taken literally? How is this any different from fanatism? bradman supporters may be smaller in numbers but recently they have been more vocal and use stronger language than Sachin fans. In fact, most of Sachin fans posts nowadays are reactionary posts after yet another article or thread begins by criticising him

Btw, i have never once claimed that Sachin is greater than don. Just examples of things our self loathrs Would touch on. Have not even touched on the part where he refused to play for his country because he had a contract with a newspaper Also as usual, this is meant as a funny piece. no one complains when exaggeration is used to make fun of pak. But as soon as don's name is taken, his followers defend him with more zeal than muslims defend Muhammad. Why is only this piece being taken literally? How is this any different from fanatism?
if u just replaced Don by Sachin in u r post that also as true as what u r post stands now
if u just replaced Don by Sachin in u r post that also as true as what u r post stands now
I have made fun of Sachin many times and it was well received. But even if i concede your point, you have just admitted that bradman fans are no better than Sachin fans.then what right do they have to call us worshipers and fanatics?
Lame. A better question is what the fanatics would do if there was an Indian who averaged a clear 40% above the second best. Probably burn down anyone who questions his greatness.
Having a huge advantage over second best in terms of statistical measure doesn't necessarily mean that difference in quality was also of same level. This kind of gap may be result of some kind of statistical anomaly which is more likely to arise if field under consideration lacks in competitiveness or data sample is not really huge. I am giving you another example of similar nature (please don't confuse if I am equating anybody with Don Bradman or so) http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmax1=10000;qualmin1=1500;qualval1=runs;team=9;template=results;type=batting In this example A Flower has clear advantage of 60% over nearest rivals in terms of average. i don't think you'll be able to pull out that kinda example for a country where you see high competitiveness. Another example, which highlights fallacy of this gap with second best argument could be gap between Shane Warne and MacGill. If you compare leg spinners, Shane Warne doesn't outnumber MacGill by the same margin as Danish Kaneria does any of his contemporary from his country. Does that mean, Danish Kaneria is better than Warne? I am not telling that Bradman is best ever or not, but highlighting there may be fallacies in this gap with gap with second best argument.
I have made fun of Sachin many times and it was well received. But even if i concede your point' date=' you have just admitted that bradman fans are no better than Sachin fans.then what right do they have to call us worshipers and fanatics?[/quote'] numbers.. Most of them are all indians...more than Don fanatics they jut trying reason with the logics applied by some fans
Having a huge advantage over second best in terms of statistical measure doesn't necessarily mean that difference in quality was also of same level. This kind of gap may be result of some kind of statistical anomaly which is more likely to arise if field under consideration lacks in competitiveness or data sample is not really huge. I am giving you another example of similar nature (please don't confuse if I am equating anybody with Don Bradman or so) http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmax1=10000;qualmin1=1500;qualval1=runs;team=9;template=results;type=batting In this example A Flower has clear advantage of 60% over nearest rivals in terms of average. i don't think you'll be able to pull out that kinda example for a country where you see high competitiveness.
You've conveniently chosen his nearest rivals from his own team - care to include opposing teams in your "analysis"?