Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219

1983-2011

Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219  

1. 1.

Since ,I was asked to vote.I voted in favour of Sehwag .No real reason .just sheer entertainment .He went onto score 200 in style by scoring boundary .Now thats awesome to me . In reality, I seriously don't want to compare both the innings as getting 200 itself is a big achievement .It doesn't matter who you play against .Scoring big score like 200 against burmuda/holland won't be a cake walk either .

I voted for SRT for the following reasons... 1. SRT's knock came against SA which is a far stronger team than WI 2. SA had the likes of Steyn, Morkel, Kallis, Parnell who are better than Roach and Rampaul (at least Steyn and Morkel are) 3. SRT's innings was chanceless whereas Sehwag had a sitter dropped. 4. SRT had to score against SA fielding which is best in the world whereas WI in the field today was almost "comedy of errors" with catches and runout chances missed and misfields galore.

how is it a pressure match. it was a wc match but didn't dravid score a shitload of runs too. also sl were beaten comprehensively. check the scorecard here. 17-5. 100+ partnership with 9th wicket. also win was very close. 31 runs.
In that World Cup, India lost the first two matches to South Africa and Zimbabwe and then beat Kenya. Had India lost to Sri Lanka in that match, India would have been out of the tournament. It was kind of a knock-out match. Yes, Dravid scored an amazing 145 as well, but Ganguly carried it almost till the end to deliver the knockout punch. I know that India was 17/5 when Kapil came in, but Zimbabwe was a new team then full of inexperienced players. The Lankan line-up was far superior in comparison and they were the defending champions as well.
How many did he hit?
without using cricinfo, I don't remember if he has any other score in 180s so am making sure the 180 score he is talking abt is the one atTauton (the one I remember watching) .... if he is talking abt that then I don't even know if it should be rated along side Kapil's classic knock. If he is talking abt some other knock which I don't know abt then .... (thus the question) *another spoon feeding exercise completed*
In that World Cup, India lost the first two matches to South Africa and Zimbabwe and then beat Kenya. Had India lost to Sri Lanka in that match, India would have been out of the tournament. It was kind of a knock-out match. Yes, Dravid scored an amazing 145 as well, but Ganguly carried it almost till the end to deliver the knockout punch. I know that India was 17/5 when Kapil came in, but Zimbabwe was a new team then full of inexperienced players. The Lankan line-up was far superior in comparison and they were the defending champions as well.
Kapil's innings was far superior as it came on a seaming track with team in doldrums at 17/5 and then 20 odd for 6 soon after. Ganguly scored on a baating pitch at Taunton. Also, that Zim team wasn't as bad as people think and was a pretty good one - they had beaten Aus in their previous game and had good pace attack and some decent batsmen. To top it all Kapil's innings paved the way for the WC win which changed the face of cricket in India whereas Ganguly's knock came during a campaign where we couldn't even make the semis.
If Coventry and Anwar can be added for their meaningless knocks' date= I want Kapil and Ganguly's knocks also in the poll since they were played in pressure matches in World Cups outside the subcontinent.
Those are irrelevant options mainly for those who can't decide, this is b/w 200 and 219
i am looking at it in a historical context too. we were out of 99 wc in super sixes. kapil's knock was so so imp to indian cricket. without kapil's knock there would have been no 83 win. and without 83 win there may have been no rd, srt, ganguly,kumble in turn leading to no viru,yuvi,zak in turn leading to no kohli,rohit,ashwin. :nervous: