'Sehwag, the king of entertainment'

Karan114

'Sehwag, the king of entertainment' The cricket world reacts to Virender Sehwag's record-breaking ODI double century ESPNcricinfo staff December 8, 2011 "I am very happy for Viru. It is even more satisfying that an Indian has broken my record." Sachin Tendulkar, the only other batsman to have hit an ODI double-ton to date "Well I did watch some of that innings by Viru... Brilliant striking!! Congrats on your 219... That's child abuse! [As] The Mask would say, Smoking!" West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on Twitter "I say it again! I never saw Sir Viv bat but I've seen Sehwag bat! What a player, 219 in a one day game is next to impossible!" Sehwag's team-mate Yuvraj Singh on Twitter "Wow, Test match tomorrow but am still up watching Virender Sehwag score, hopefully, 200. Unreal, and he does [get the] highest ever. Well done mate." Australia's David Warner on Twitter "When Viv Richards retired I thought it was end of entertainment. But then came Sehwag, the King of entertainment! Long live the King!!" TV commentator and former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja on Twitter "Sehwag, the greatest slaughterer of bowling since IVA Richards." Derek Pringle, cricket writer with the Daily Telegraph and former England player http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/544271.html

u are awesome man. most of your countrymen are bent on undermining his achievement by the usual lame excuses.
Most of the folks know what Sehwag is capable of. Even his cameos can change the course of a match just like he did in WC semi where he simply took the initiative away from Pakistan and turned Gul into a nervous wreck and a non-factor. Sehwag's impact on the game has been so huge that these days teams want to have their own "Sehwag" at the top of the order even in tests - McCullum for NZ and now Warner. If Sehwag hadn't been around no way in hell we would have seen likes of McCullum moved up the order to open in Tests or somebody like Warner introduced to Test cricket as an opener by Australia.
Most of the folks know what Sehwag is capable of. Even his cameos can change the course of a match just like he did in WC semi where he simply took the initiative away from Pakistan and turned Gul into a nervous wreck and a non-factor. Sehwag's impact on the game has been so huge that these days teams want to have their own "Sehwag" at the top of the order even in tests - McCullum for NZ and now Warner. If Sehwag hadn't been around no way in hell we would have seen likes of McCullum moved up the order to open in Tests or somebody like Warner introduced to Test cricket as an opener by Australia.
other odi legends gilchrist and jayasuriya avg 35 and 32 with less strike rates. viru avgs 35 with 100+ strike rate. he's an odi legend but because his test batting is more awesome he's underrated.
LOL @ Gayle's comments And surprised to know even Warner was watching... he might just try to score the same tomorrow morning at Hobart :giggle:
sehwag is basically warner's idol. dd partner plus the man who told him he'd do well in test cricket. warner prolly sees every innings of sehwag to understand how to bat succesfully in similar style. hope he repeats similar heroics after our tour and not during.:pray:

Just when you think you have seen it all, this man plays some of the most incredible innings you can possibly hope to see. :hatsoff: If any other batsmen had done this, the world would have gone mad with disbelief.. but since its Sehwag, pretty much all of our reaction has been ‘Big deal.. we expected this, didn’t we?’. That’s how unique a batsmen he is.

other odi legends gilchrist and jayasuriya avg 35 and 32 with less strike rates. viru avgs 35 with 100+ strike rate. he's an odi legend but because his test batting is more awesome he's underrated.
+1 Because of his brilliant innings in Tests, people don't realize how effective he is in ODI's also.