'Sehwag, the king of entertainment'

Karan114

SS bhai' date=' according to most of your countrymen Sehwag's just another flat track bully lol[/quote'] Well that's the patriotic lot for you. Most here say Ws and Imran took most of their wickets coz of ball tampering. I tend to stay away Indo/Pak threads. Sport is source of entertainment for me and anyone doing well deserves recognition.
This week, Warner made his Test debut. Sehwag was more right than most of Australia. Warner does not have Sehwag's talent, but he shares his worldview. There will be many more who do in the years to come, and then it will become the new orthodoxy. That is Sehwag's true legacy. He has shared an era with Lara, Tendulkar, Dravid, Ponting, Kallis, yet he is not one of them. As great as they are and have been, they are the old order, more connected to the past than to the future. And there is something more important here than just a mindshift, than changes in tactics or techniques. The game must always move forwards and renew itself. Essentially it must accelerate to match the speed of the culture in which it exists. Test cricket of the 1950s is as distant now as the rest of that decade, with its housewives and its radio plays and its music hall conservatism. Warner may or may not succeed as a Test match opener – do you want to bet against Viru? – but plenty like him will. At some point or other they will be the norm, and they will be standing on Sehwag's shoulders, the shoulders of a giant. If he is not the best batsman of his time (and he might be), he is the most significant; a genius and a visionary with it.
Damn right.

Sehwag faced better bowling attack than Sachin ICC ranking points WI bowlers yesterday http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/ranking/odi/bowling/ Rampaul=631 Roach=587 Sammy=512 Total rating points =1730 SA bowlers on that day: http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/datespecific/odi/?stattype=bowling&day=25&month=02&year=2010 Steyn=615 Kallis=476 Langeveldt=540 Total= 1631 About time people give Sehwag the credit he deserves.

ICC ranking points WI bowlers yesterday http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/ranking/odi/bowling/ Rampaul=631 Roach=587 Sammy=512 Total rating points =1730 SA bowlers on that day: http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/datespecific/odi/?stattype=bowling&day=25&month=02&year=2010 Steyn=615 Kallis=476 Langeveldt=540 Total= 1631 About time people give Sehwag the credit he deserves.
Going by your exact logic: Total rating points of the seven bowlers used by WI in the match - 587 (Roach) + 631 (Rampaul) + 512 (Sammy) + 401 (Andre Russell) + 128 (Sunil Narine) + 391 (Pollard) + 374 (Samuels) = 3024 Average rating = 3024/7 = 432 (4 out of the 7 bowlers used are not in the top 100, and they bowled 28 overs among themselves). (Viru faced those 'Not in the Top 100' bowlers for 26.3 overs, and faced Roach+Sammy+Rampaul for 20 overs only). Total rating points of the bowlers used by SAF in that match - 615 (Steyn) + 465 (Parnell) + 462 (Van der Merwe) + 540 (Langeveldt) + 325 (Duminy) + 476 (Kallis) = 2883 Average rating = 480.5 (Also, out of the 6 bowlers used, 5 were in the Top 10 players that week bowling 45 overs among themselves) So, see who had a better bowling strength? (I also wonder why you measured bowling strengths by picking 3 bowlers each randomly rather than choosing the whole unit)
TBH. I always thought we have better ODI bat than Sehwag ( in terms of average )' date=' but it is in anticipation for days like these - I never minded giving him long rope, despite string of low scores many times.[/quote'] I mentioned this once before, I'll say it again here. A player like Sehwag is much more than just the batting averages. He is a psychological bomb that you unleash on the opponent. Take for eg, Umar Gul. He had a great WC till the semi finals. He was leading wicket taker till then. Full of confidence and form he came to bowl to Sehwag. And BAM! 4 4s in an over and he wilted. He couldn't bowl straight after that, his confidence shattered. Gave many lose deliveries and extras. That is exactly what Sehwag brings to the team. Did he score a lot in that game? No. Around 40 only. But he had an impact. He gave us a head start. The opposing captain doesn't know how to set a field. Doesn't know which bowling change to introduce. IMO, Umr Gul is a good bowler. He's not some below average person whom you can disrespect and hammer as you please. And Sehwag does this time and again.