Vacation over - Bose.

gator

smart and knowledgeable people have vision and predict based on experience... Lay persons go by dumb stats without understanding how sports work...
No predictions are based on knowledge- knowledge tells you that projecting into the future is at best a guess-work. Nomatter how much you intellectualize your guess, it still remains a guess.I guess you missed that chapter on 'knowledge'!
From what I have seen of Bose, his apple pies aint gonna cut it at the international level.... aint too late for u to learn tht u need to be atleast 130+kph to be a good international bowler...
Doctor take thy own medicine. Your obsession with speed and an arbitary 130kph mark is nothing more than dumb statistics used by laypersons without an inkling about the sport.
Sriram.... i have seen him bowl and then passed my judgement....
Gator , dont you think he deserves ONE series before coming to conclusions on him ? I do understand though, your point about him maybe doing well coz of the conditions in england and that helping him to seal his place for another series. Besides , i think they will play ZAk , Sreesanth and RPS for the first test anyway.
Doctor take thy own medicine. Your obsession with speed and an arbitary 130kph mark is nothing more than dumb statistics used by laypersons without an inkling about the sport.
Gator has a point CC. Tell me 3 successful bowlers in test history who have made a career out of bowling at mid 120's. And please for God's sake dont include Mcgrath or pollock in that list.
Gator , dont you think he deserves ONE series before coming to conclusions on him ?
unfortunately, this aint charity, Sriram... if he really evokes so much sympathy, i would send him to zimbok for the A tour as a consolation....
No predictions are based on knowledge- knowledge tells you that projecting into the future is at best a guess-work. Nomatter how much you intellectualize your guess, it still remains a guess.I guess you missed that chapter on 'knowledge'!
here comes more complicated mumbo-jumbo.... the retarded Vengsarkar is so much like u....
measuring speed aint statistics.... i gave u an example of geek-stats in my second or third post in my thread with some references to the circumference of the azz...

I personally hope he gets a fair chance before he is shafted. It's not good to pick someone and play him in a single side game then shaft him. I've spoken to one or two young lads from the 90s that were picked and dumped without even been given a hit or two just because the captain didn't like them. I don't want to see that kind of selection and choices in Indian cricket all over again. The likes of Raina, Kaif and the rest have had an extended run. In that case why not back a bowler too? I can understand you POV Gator. You reckon this guy has no talent whatsoever to make it in the international cricket. You could be right but doesn't he even deserve a test match or two to prove otherwise?

Gator has a point CC. Tell me 3 successful bowlers in test history who have made a career out of bowling at mid 120's. And please for God's sake dont include Mcgrath or pollock in that list.
Sriram, CC is a kid who is young, moved to Canada when young and not played or watched enuf cricket..... he will obviously make some mistakes which he will learn from... it is still excusable.... but imagine a retard like Vengsarkar making those mistakes after playing at the highest level.... but hey, the same retard picked Arjun yadav, didnt he?
I can understand you POV Gator. You reckon this guy has no talent whatsoever to make it in the international cricket. You could be right but doesn't he even deserve a test match or two to prove otherwise?
Ravi... if we went by stats alone, RD, Ganguly, were not exactly the top first class run getters when they were selected..... there are only so many places and if we try out 120 kph lolli-men, tht means we have never learnt.... i would rather use tht place to try out someone who has the potential but has been unlucky with breaks...
Sriram, CC is a kid who is young, moved to Canada when young and not played or watched enuf cricket..... he will obviously make some mistakes which he will learn from... it is still excusable.... but imagine a retard like Vengsarkar making those mistakes after playing at the highest level.... but hey, the same retard picked Arjun yadav, didnt he?
Gator , What else would you do with a guy who tops first class wicket takers list , with 4 five wicket hauls ? That too being a medium pacer in India. There is gotto be some talent there , maybe we just dont know .Besides , no single fast bowler distinguished himself in this test.
Gator , What else would you do with a guy who tops first class wicket takers list , with 4 five wicket hauls ? That too being a medium pacer in India. There is gotto be some talent there , maybe we just dont know .Besides , no single fast bowler distinguished himself in this test.
send him a clear signal tht if he cant bowl faster, he needs to improve his batting... i know, u can be useful with 120 kph lollies, grab couple of wickets per match and useful 40s... i would love to have tht kind of a player....

I don't know where you got your stats from but I can assure you Rahul was a heavy scorer in all kinds of cricket he played. Even when he was very young he was churning away runs non stop. Anil Kumble had to go through similar treatment. He had plenty of wickets at the domestic and club level but none was happy with him being picked for Indian team. Here was a leggie with a medium pacer's action and jump that doesn't fit the glory of Indian spinning talents of the past but Kumble succeeded against all odds. Don't take this as a comparison but just saying that looks can be deceiving. Bose may not be any of that but truly deserves few chances before he is even written off.

I don't know where you got your stats from but I can assure you Rahul was a heavy scorer in all kinds of cricket he played. Even when he was very young he was churning away runs non stop. Anil Kumble had to go through similar treatment. He had plenty of wickets at the domestic and club level but none was happy with him being picked for Indian team. Here was a leggie with a medium pacer's action and jump that doesn't fit the glory of Indian spinning talents of the past but Kumble succeeded against all odds. Don't take this as a comparison but just saying that looks can be deceiving. Bose may not be any of that but truly deserves few chances before he is even written off.
Ravi... Dravid scored runs heavily but was not the top run-scorer... he was picked on his technical correctness which gives maximum chance of success when given a chance.... similarly, u should pick a bowler who provides maximum chance of success.... for tht matter, even Ganguly had a terrific 3 matches or so while bowling in the domestic circuit last year.... we cant pick him on tht.... if someone saw those stats for those 3 matches alone, u could be forgiven for thinking Dada was a lovely strike bowler....
Who the fack are YOU to give my life-history ? You don't even know my real facking name- so know your place and your boundaries. Is that in any way unclear ? Don't patronize me- and if you do, i will pit my cricket know-how versus you and going by your inability to make sense of a simple statement relating to predictions, i dont give you very good odds.
here comes more complicated mumbo-jumbo.... the retarded Vengsarkar is so much like u....
Perhaps your brain isnt good enough to deal with a simple one-liner truth. Oh well. i tried.
measuring speed aint statistics....
Oh yes it is.
Does the names Sid Barnes, Derek Underwood, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar, etc, mean anything to you ?
Who the fack are YOU to give my life-history ? You don't even know my real facking name- .
i am a poster who gathered it from ur posts, unless u lie... i dont have to know ur name to deduce ur knowledge....
Don't patronize me- and if you do, i will pit my cricket know-how versus you and going by your inability to make sense of a simple statement relating to predictions, i dont give you very good odds
here comes another theory-based challenge from Mr.Google...
Does the names Sid Barnes' date=' Derek Underwood, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar, etc, mean anything to you ?[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: i stand vindicated.... he threw the name of a spinner for ur question..... bwahahaha....
i am a poster who gathered it from ur posts, unless u lie... i dont have to know ur name to deduce ur knowledge....
You have very little inkling about my cricketing knowledge, given that i spent less than 1% of my time here on the cricket board. As per gathering info from my own posts- you are quite good at misrepresenting the truth it seems.
here comes another theory-based challenge from Mr.Google...
I don't have to google most things i comment about- since you are a bit retarded to grasp even a simple statement, let me spell it out for you - my posts arnt 30 min apart from each other to run around googling and regurgitating. Apart from looking up little details occasionally, i am not a user of google- but i suppose that is your only way to rationalize your remarkable lack of knowledge when faced by someone far more capable in this field than yourself.