Vacation over - Bose.

gator

he was far more a medium pacer than a spinner. And that is the bottomline' date=' innit ?[/quote'] It was the awkwardness in his action and his sometimes vicious turn that fetched him the wickets. I dont quite think your comparison is valid.
You have very little inkling about my cricketing knowledge, given that i spent less than 1% of my time here on the cricket board. As per gathering info from my own posts- you are quite good at misrepresenting the truth it seems.
i dont care how much % time u spend here.... i judge based on what i have seen...
I don't have to google most things i comment about- since you are a bit retarded to grasp even a simple statement, let me spell it out for you - my posts arnt 30 min apart from each other to run around googling and regurgitating. Apart from looking up little details occasionally, i am not a user of google- but i suppose that is your only way to rationalize your remarkable lack of knowledge when faced by someone far more capable in this field than yourself.[
u need more humility if u want to learn more about this great sport.... and of course, u need to get off this obsession with stats and search engines...
It was the awkwardness in his action and his sometimes vicious turn that fetched him the wickets. I dont quite think your comparison is valid.
Sriram.... thank u for sharing my burden in trying to teach CC... i am sure, u will feel rewarded in the long run...
It was the awkwardness in his action and his sometimes vicious turn that fetched him the wickets. I dont quite think your comparison is valid.
Chandra turned the ball about the same as Kumble does. Does that answer your question ? Viciout turn and Chandra don't go hand in hand, unless you are talking about a few matches he bowled on square-turning pitches, where even Gavaskar spun the ball.
i dont care how much % time u spend here.... i judge based on what i have seen...
problem with that MO is that you have seen exceedingly little to form a valid opinion.
u need more humility if u want to learn more about this great sport.... and of course, u need to get off this obsession with stats and search engines...
Again, take thy own advice. I didnt come here tooting my horn about who is basing guesswork on knowledge and who is on stats, who needs to learn and who doesnt. Your soundbytes would serve a far bigger purpose if you applied it to yourself.
Chandra turned the ball about the same as Kumble does. Does that answer your question ? Viciout turn and Chandra don't go hand in hand, unless you are talking about a few matches he bowled on square-turning pitches, where even Gavaskar spun the ball.
Its not about Chandra and what he did that the debate is about. Chandra got his wickets by spin bowled with a quickish action. We are talking about Bose here , who bowls seam/swing at 120+. So , the comparison doesnt add up. Besides , i am pretty sure Chandra didnt bowl at 120+ , more in the region of 90+ maybe. You shouldnt have even mentioned Chandra's name in this .
Sriram.... thank u for sharing my burden in trying to teach CC... i am sure' date=' u will feel rewarded in the long run...[/quote'] Gats , lets stay above these personel duels. All of us are here to discuss cricket. I quite would like to say the same thing to CC too, but dont know how he will take it.
Its not about Chandra and what he did that the debate is about. Chandra got his wickets by spin bowled with a quickish action. We are talking about Bose here ' date=' who bowls seam/swing at 120+. So , the comparison doesnt add up. Besides , i am pretty sure Chandra didnt bowl at 120+ , more in the region of 90+ maybe. You shouldnt have even mentioned Chandra's name in this .[/quote'] *sigh* Murali/Warne bowl at 50-55mph. Do a conversion ( times by 1.61) and you will get their speeds in KPH. Chandra was much quicker than them and he is more or less in the 115-120 category. And no, Chandra didnt bowl vicious turners like you claimed or even had much to do with spin bowling. yes, he released his stock delivery from the back of his hand- but leg-cutters is bowled the same way too. As i said, Chandra was far more of a medium pacer than a spinner.
*sigh* Murali/Warne bowl at 50-55mph. Do a conversion ( times by 1.61) and you will get their speeds in KPH. Chandra was much quicker than them and he is more or less in the 115-120 category. And no, Chandra didnt bowl vicious turners like you claimed or even had much to do with spin bowling. yes, he released his stock delivery from the back of his hand- but leg-cutters is bowled the same way too. As i said, Chandra was far more of a medium pacer than a spinner.
I still wont buy your argument that Chandra bowled at 120+. I dont think he bowled that fast. You are free to show proof to suggest the contrary. And besides , Chandra is a freak of a bowler. And as i said earlier , the whole point of the thread is not about Chandra , but about saying the Bose styled bowlers ( 120+ , medium pace swing bowlers) have never been too successful off late. Again , you are welcome to show proof otherwise. I , on the other hand , can show plenty of proof that the leading fast bowlers of this generation have all bowled at 130+
You are free to show proof to suggest the contrary.
Since speedguns wernt popular in those days, your word is as good as mine. However, it is a FACT that Murali/Warney etc. bowl at 50-55 mph range, occasionally just grazing 60mph. Kumble bowls usually in the 65-ish mph range.Chandra was a quicker bowler than Kumble, so feel free to do the math and extrapolate.
And as i said earlier , the whole point of the thread is not about Chandra , but about saying the Bose styled bowlers ( 120+ , medium pace swing bowlers) have never been too successful off late.
But that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he has performed in the domestic league, he deserves his break and if he takes wickets, he should be in the team, to hell with what speed he bowls at.
u need more humility if u want to learn more about this great sport.... and of course, u need to get off this obsession with stats and search engines... Again, take thy own advice. I didnt come here tooting my horn about who is basing guesswork on knowledge and who is on stats, who needs to learn and who doesnt. Your soundbytes would serve a far bigger purpose if you applied it to yourself.
offering to educate someone isn't tooting one's own horn.... i generously gave u the benefit of doubt that u didnt know what u were talking about....
Since speedguns wernt popular in those days, your word is as good as mine. However, it is a FACT that Murali/Warney etc. bowl at 50-55 mph range, occasionally just grazing 60mph. Kumble bowls usually in the 65-ish mph range.Chandra was a quicker bowler than Kumble, so feel free to do the math and extrapolate. But that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he has performed in the domestic league, he deserves his break and if he takes wickets, he should be in the team, to hell with what speed he bowls at.
it doesnt work like tht in sports....
Since speedguns wernt popular in those days, your word is as good as mine. However, it is a FACT that Murali/Warney etc. bowl at 50-55 mph range, occasionally just grazing 60mph. Kumble bowls usually in the 65-ish mph range.Chandra was a quicker bowler than Kumble, so feel free to do the math and extrapolate.
Totally inaccurate. Kumble's majority of the deliveries are in the 90-95 kmph, which is more in the 58-60 mph. And Murali and Warne bowl mostly at 86 kmph. I actually searched youtube for some videos of kumble to prove it. i can post those vidoes if you wany.
But that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he has performed in the domestic league, he deserves his break and if he takes wickets, he should be in the team, to hell with what speed he bowls at.
That is not the point too. The debate here is not about whether Bose should be in the team or not , but whether he will be successful or not, in the long term.
offering to educate someone isn't tooting one's own horn.... i generously gave u the benefit of doubt that u didnt know what u were talking about....
Assuming that you are more educated,however, is. And if you didnt make that assumption, you have no business trying to educate someone else in the first place, since the pre-requisite to educating someone is posessing superior knowledge than the student.
it doesnt work like tht in sports....
Tell that to the Aussies.
Totally inaccurate. Kumble's majority of the deliveries are in the 90-95 kmph, which is more in the 58-60 mph. And Murali and Warne bowl mostly at 86 kmph. I actually searched youtube for some videos of kumble to prove it. i can post those vidoes if you wany.
Kumble recently,ie, in the past few years, has been bowling a lot slower than he normally does. And it has been widely mentioned too in the media. Kumble from the 90s bowled in the 60-65mph range.
The debate here is not about Bose should be in the team or not , but whether he will be successful or not.
There should be NO debate on that point, since the bottomline is, whether someone WILL succeed or not in the future is a total guesswork. You trying to intellectualize your guesswork over pages and pages of extrapolations doesnt change the fact that it is still a guesswork!
Kumble recently,ie, in the past few years, has been bowling a lot slower than he normally does. And it has been widely mentioned too in the media. Kumble from the 90s bowled in the 60-65mph range.
Dont shift goal posts CC. You first claimed Kumble bowled at 65mph average. Now when it seems as though its not the case , you are dithering about saying he has started to bowl slower recently etc.. and here is a typical Kumble delivery, for you to see. Check the speed too. KJeXfts0hzc
There should be NO debate on that point, since the bottomline is, whether someone WILL succeed or not in the future is a total guesswork. You trying to intellectualize your guesswork over pages and pages of extrapolations doesnt change the fact that it is still a guesswork!
Its all not guesswork as you claim. This is no science that we are doing. All of us have been seeing cricket for many years now , and without doubt , its the bowlers that have bowled at atleast fast medium pace ( 135+) that have been most successful. That is why many here predict Bose wont be successful in the long run. This is no rocket science. This is just probability