Kepler Wessels keen on India coaching job

King

i am beginning to think now' date=' we prolly dont need a coach with Venky and Robin around... the team seems to be gelling well.... maybe a batting consultant from time to time will helpp...[/quote'] Please... We MUST have a coach. Its a pre-requisite of every professional team. And i dont know how you came to this conclusion of the team jelling well et al. A team that wins always looks good , despite internal wranglings.

Gator , I already had a lengthy discussion with Ravi on why i feel we should have a full time coach, who is low profile and commands respect. We were quite not able to reach to a conclusive end to it , but bottom line which is feel most important is -- The best teams in the world always have best coaches.The same rule applies to cricket too.

but u still havent addressed my point, Sriram, which I feel addresses urs....

Sriram.... why does a guy who teach batting have to be the coach.... we already have 2 coaches who are working well together... why will a batting consultant not suffice?

Why the fook are we even passing verdict on KW's suitability for the job ? none of us here are even remotely qualified to judge his coaching skills, so speaking on whether he is or isnt a sutaible candidate is nothing more than faltu bakwaas from people who gotto have an opinion even when knowledge is lacking.

but u still havent addressed my point' date=' Sriram, which I feel addresses urs....[/quote'] Gator , I have copy pasted some of my posts , in a related thread. Read through some of them , if you have the patience. "And you guys have to kidding if say our team needs no coach ( or foreign for that matter) The coach is like the fatherly figure in the team, the guy who keeps the group in good shape. As much as Dravid , Sachin et all can handle net sessions , it is the coach that has a MAJOR role in strategy , selection and team dynamics. And in a team so many super-stars , there are bound to be inflated egoes. Imagine what would happen if selection decisions get attributed to induvidual players ( Like say sachin preferring Agarkar over Sreesanth for a crucial match ) . If the selection doesnt work out , there is bound to be bad blood within the team. If there was a coach , he will invariably take responsibility for bad mistakes , thus easing the pressure on the team. -------------- Those who advocate a Coach-less India have obviously no clue about professionel team-sport dynamics." "icky Ponting said that , Australia's preparation for the Ashes reclaiming started immeditely after they lost the ashes in 2005. Thats an amazing 18 months preparation time. Some of match preparation , player analysis , psychological conditioning that go into intnl cricket matches today is mind-boggling. Only , we never come to know of those. Under such circumstances , You would want the BEST to coach your team ( esp if you are the richest board in the world), doesnt matter if he is Indian, Aussie or even a fckin martian. And now , to suggest that we dont need a coach is almost laughable , to be honest.." --------------- "If a team sport coaching is about ONLY arranging fielding drills , batting and bowling net sessions and attending press- conferences , then what you say is fine. But coaching a team is much more than that. As I had mentioned before earlier, He is actually the boss of the squad ( Anybody remember Alex Fergusson being referred to as the boss of M. United ? ) He is the one who makes the running in the team , keeps everyone on their toes. Now India does have all the support staff you have mentioned about. But will anyone of them have the courage the stand up to a senior player and argue against him ? ( which happens a lot btw in intnl cricket - I am pretty bloddy sure there was lot of discussion over the selection of Sehwag for the world cup , though ultimately Dravid prevailed). Imagine Prasad walking up to a senior player and advising him on his previous selection decision , he would probably get a very curt answer , something along the lines of -- " You are the bowling coach arent you ? , stick to it ". ----------------- "And there has to be a central figure in the team taking all the presure for the mistakes. The captain cant do it , he has enough responsibilites already.I can go listing a million reasons to prove why i think we need a head coach, but i think i will stop here. There HAS to be a head coach, in ANY professional team." --------- "If that is what my coach does in exchange for the millions he gets paid nowadays , i will fire him the next day. And if at all you have doubts what roles coaches do play in intnl sport ( and specifically team sport) , you should go through history and recollect some of the roles played by Bob Simpson ( Aus was at its nadir then , Simpson literally laid down the vision for Aussie cricket for the next 20 years ) , Or Bob Woolmer ( he was instrumental in changing a talented S.A team into a bunch of world beaters ) or Buchanan ( you should read some of ponting's comments on his role after he stepped aside after the world cup). Do you think Robin Singh or Venkatesh Prasad or for that matter Mr.Borde are capable of doing such things ?"

Kepler Wessels coached Northamptonshire in the County Championship for 3 years - with no spectacular results as such. He was forced into quitting the club last summer. So what we see here is another failed coach throwing his hat into the ring... I personally don't care who is appointed. The BCCI had the best coach in the world there for the taking, and they gave him the cold shoulder like the d1ckheads that they are. It doesn't matter who coaches India now, because there are no decent candidates with distinguishable track records out there. India will eventually get stuck with some stupid coach. I'd like to see Prasad and Robin Singh given the job instead. It's a move which will provide stability and allow the team to move on. They have been with the team for over a month now and the results have been fine. But this is all too logical a measure, and as we all know - logic and Indian cricket don't mix. So you can count on the c0cksuckers at the BCCI to unsettle things once again by starting another round of musical chairs.

Why the fook are we even passing verdict on KW's suitability for the job ? none of us here are even remotely qualified to judge his coaching skills' date=' so speaking on whether he is or isnt a sutaible candidate is nothing more than faltu bakwaas from people who gotto have an opinion even when knowledge is lacking.[/quote'] dude forums are opinion/discussion.. who the fack cares if we are not any major person, that doesn't mean our judgement or thinking can be wrong..

Sriram, here is my reply to ur essay ;)

The coach is like the fatherly figure in the team, the guy who keeps the group in good shape. As much as Dravid , Sachin et all can handle net sessions , it is the coach that has a MAJOR role in strategy , selection and team dynamics.
We have plenty of fatherly figures to accompany the team, heck even grandfatherly figures.... look no further than Borde.... selection is left to selectors and captain.... in the oz team also, the selection of the final 11 is determined by the selectors... the coach has no role...in terms of strategy, a bowling coach is paid to work out the bowling strategy and the batting consultant should help prepare for difficult conditions - read tour to oz or such... the overall game strategy has always been and will be always be with the Captain...
Some of match preparation , player analysis , psychological conditioning that go into intnl cricket matches today is mind-boggling. Only , we never come to know of those. Under such circumstances , You would want the BEST to coach your team ( esp if you are the richest board in the world), doesnt matter if he is Indian, Aussie or even a fckin martian. And now , to suggest that we dont need a coach is almost laughable , to be honest.."
Greggie tried all the complicated psychoanalysis shyte on our village bumpkins and came up a cropper.... simply put, our guys come from rural areas with just high school education and they dont understand management lectures.... they get confused and dont play by their instinct.... careers derailed - Pathan, Sehwag, Bajji, amost Zak, almost Sachin....
Now India does have all the support staff you have mentioned about. But will anyone of them have the courage the stand up to a senior player and argue against him ? ( which happens a lot btw in intnl cricket - I am pretty bloddy sure there was lot of discussion over the selection of Sehwag for the world cup , though ultimately Dravid prevailed). Imagine Prasad walking up to a senior player and advising him on his previous selection decision , he would probably get a very curt answer , something along the lines of -- " You are the bowling coach arent you ? , stick to it ".
even if the head coach does it, it will result in a national bandh.... media will pour hot lead on him till he resigns and runs...
And if at all you have doubts what roles coaches do play in intnl sport ( and specifically team sport) , you should go through history and recollect some of the roles played by Bob Simpson ( Aus was at its nadir then , Simpson literally laid down the vision for Aussie cricket for the next 20 years ) , Or Bob Woolmer ( he was instrumental in changing a talented S.A team into a bunch of world beaters ) or Buchanan ( you should read some of ponting's comments on his role after he stepped aside after the world cup).
Again aussie system works best for aussies and you are yet to name a subcontinental coach as an example... no Whatmore please... myself and many including Ranatunga give credit to him for the SL's WC victory..... Whatmore is yet to stop Bangles from losing in tests after so many years.... zimboks by contrast had more creditable performances in the same amount of time without such a high profile coach...
But coaching a team is much more than that. As I had mentioned before earlier, He is actually the boss of the squad ( Anybody remember Alex Fergusson being referred to as the boss of M. United ? )
u r talking 2 different sports here.... In cricket, the captain is the BOSS... if he isnt, then they are not playing cricket...
dude forums are opinion/discussion.. who the fack cares if we are not any major person, that doesn't mean our judgement or thinking can be wrong..
The point is, you/we have *very* little basis on guaging a coach's potential - we only have some meaningless stat (career win/loss record) to take a stab in the dark. Unless you talk to a coach, guage their man-management capability, review their plan/vision, training techniques, etc, you/we have literally a big fat zero to go on except for some meaningless media soundbytes.