Run feasts

Donny

I was reading about a match where 750 runs were scored in a day. The team batting second chased down 378 to win with their skipper notching an incredible 172 n.o. from 59 balls! Which brings to mind my team's effort in July, 1994. Bear in mind, this was from 40 overs. It was a beautiful day and we had our best team in so I had no hesitation in batting. This report from The Northern Star. Tuesday. July 19. 1994: RECORDS FALL IN THE BUSH The records tumbled in rapid succession when Toonumbar played Triple Creek in the Kyogle Winter Cricket at Horseshoe Creek Oval on Saturday. Toonumbar batted first and at the end of its 40 overs, had scored a massive 4/385. The opening partnership between Tim Somerville (101 retired) and Greg Hotko yeilded 140 runs in 20 overs. Then Hotko and Mick Egan (94) put on 111 in 11.3 overs. Big hitting Ben Scofield was also among the runs, smashing 102 n.o. Scofield's innings took just 36 balls, the fastest century in 12 years of Kyogle winter cricket. He hit a four from the last ball of the innings to reach his century whch included 10 sixes and 7 fours - 88 in boundaries. Scofield scooted from 52 to 102 in just 15 balls. During that time, he hit 34 runs in one over. The first 5 balls went for sixes. Somerville's century was scored from 77 balls and Egan's 94 from 44 balls. Hotko played the sheet anchor role, compiling his 48 from 36.3 overs while 295 runs were scored at the other end. Toonumbar's 4/385 is a record team total, surpassing Triple Creel's 7/360 made in 1992. In reply on Saturday, Triple Creek was out for 115, the winning margin of 270 runs being another record. Somerville completed a Player of the Match effort taking the last 4 wickets in successive deliveries - all bowled - to finish with 4/19 from 4.2 overs. Footnote: In the Kyogle Winter competition, batsmen must retire upon reaching or passing 100. -------------------------------------------- Let's hear about your team's biggest total or other big totals you know of.

We had the distinction of setting a new record in a 2 dayer in senior cricket club league by scoring 401 runs in the stipulated 70 overs in the first inning. The opponents put about 150 runs in the next 30 overs for the day but in the end the game turned out to be a tame draw. It was a pretty satisfying game for me as we were playing the club I had played for in the previous season and there was fair bit of animosity with the previous club mate due to some mis communication. I created a new thread and posted a detailed account of that game. Here's the link http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=8502

Whilst on this subject, Essex declared on 9/700. Foster 204. Bichel 148. Napier 125. However, it wasn't enough to lead on the first innings.:omg_smile: Nottingham is 8/721 at lunch on the last day. Ex Poms wicket keeper, Chris Read is 234 n.o. Patel and Wagh also hit centuries and Swann scored 97.

I had to wait for years till this number plate became available. TCC - 385. Toonumbar Cricket Club - 385 runs. :wink_smile:Father%27s_Day_082.jpgFather%27s_Day_083.jpgFather%27s_Day_083.jpgFather%27s_Day_083.jpg
Good on ya mate. Hereby you are nick named "Mr.Cricket" of Aussiecricket and ICFans :thumbs_up: