Which batter will make the most impact v Eng test series?

King

Which batter will make the most impact v Eng test series?  

1. 1.

• Sachin Tendulkar
    • Rahul Dravid
    • Saurav Ganguly
    • VVS Laxman
    • Dhoni
    • Karthik
    • Jaffer
    • Gambhir
    • Others, please specify

Check in your predictions fellas, it's almost time for yet another test season. I can't believe it's been few months since the world cup already. Pick your choice of the batter that will make the most impact in the upcoming test series. Impact not as in number of runs or average but someone that stands out in the test series whether India loses or wins.

I voted for Karthik. Unlike others on the list, not much is expected from Karthik. But i have feeing he will deliver. Being an opener, his performances will have a huge impact on our fortunes. Dravid will show up as he always does consistently overseas. Not sure about the rest of our middle order. SRT will succeed only if he plays with some positive attitude.

I don't expect any of them to have an outstanding series. If i were a betting man though' date=' i'd definitely go for Ganguly. He has what it takes to score in England, and after some fine performances in South Africa - he is under the least pressure.[/quote'] Ganguly will be under IMMENSE pressure. His career is running on borrowed time. The minute he has some continuous failures , there will be questions raised about his place in the team and how he is blocking youngsters and all the blah blah. The pressure on him will increase further if Laxman scores.

Both Laxman and Ganguly will be under equal pressure to score, partly because they are in direct competition for that vital middle order and mainly because Yuvraj is breathing down both their necks. This should be interesting.

i dont exactly see how...
It will be extremely hard for the team management to keep Yuvraj out of the reckoning if either Ganguly or Laxman fail for more than 4-5 innings in a stretch. Imagine this scenario. If Laxman is selected and fails in both the first two tests , then how will the team management be resist the prospect of not playing Yuvraj ? He was our man of the series against SA.
It will be extremely hard for the team management to keep Yuvraj out of the reckoning if either Ganguly or Laxman fail for more than 4-5 innings in a stretch. Imagine this scenario. If Laxman is selected and fails in both the first two tests , then how will the team management be resist the prospect of not playing Yuvraj ? He was our man of the series against SA.
Mars-man... tht was in odis.... let him first score a 50 in a warmup game.. i can assure you, it will take more than 2 test failure from both LAx and Ganguly right now, for Yuvi to replace them... unless, he does something extra-ordinary like scoring a double ton against the Lions.... btw, are the lankans gonna sue this side for borrowing their name??? never understood the fascination of cricket teams for lions and tigers.... bangla tigers, srilankan lions, eng A lions....
Mars-man... tht was in odis.... let him first score a 50 in a warmup game.. i can assure you' date=' it will take more than 2 test failure from both LAx and Ganguly right now, for Yuvi to replace them... unless, he does something extra-ordinary like scoring a double ton against the Lions.... btw, are the lankans gonna sue this side for borrowing their name??? never understood the fascination of cricket teams for lions and tigers.... bangla tigers, srilankan lions, eng A lions....[/quote'] As things stand now, what you say is correct. But trust me , If Laxman indeed fails in the first two matches, everybody will be talking about the "talented Yuvraj sitting in the balcony and watching" I am not saying Laxman will be replaced 100%. I am saying there will be immense pressure if this situation does actually happen. Though , I dont expect Laxman to fail in both the test matches either.