Who should come at no. 6 position?? Virat or Rohit

chainsmoker

Australia is already struggling to find quality bowlers for these test matches against India. All of their main or upcoming bowlers are injured. So' date=' I don't think scoring against second or third string bowlers counts that much. Australia has already gone to their second defence bowlers i.e. Pattinson and Starc coz Mitchell Johnson, Cummins and others are injured[/quote'] Bollinger and copeland are good bowlers,lets see how they bat against them.
Imagine this.. We are 90-4 after lunch on day 1 of boxing day test. Ball is whizzing past the helmets with a bit of lateral movement also, Dravid is at the crease just about surviving, who do you want to walk in ?? RS or VK ??
Not too sure, Mind says Rohit and heart says Virat. And don't use that word VK again, haa. I almost got a heart-attack. I just hate those words now bcoz of Vinay Kumar
Bollinger and copeland are good bowlers' date='lets see how they bat against them.[/quote'] Yes, Bollinger is a very good bowler. No doubt abt it. I am actually surprised, why Australia is not playing him if he is fit. Copeland is 7' feet trundler na who played against Srilanka earlier. He is good but he is too slow
Kohli will play the first test unless he gets exposed badly in the tour match AND Sharma makes a big score.
Agreed. Rightly or wrongly, Kohli is ahead in the team management's thoughts, which is why he played at Mumbai, so it will take both of those things for him to miss out on Boxing Day.

Regardless of what one thinks here the first preference will be Kohli for sure. If he plays well he'll seal his position for a long time, otherwise obviously Rohit will get his chance. I feel we will see both of them playing for India regularly soon. One of the seniors must go after the Aus tour.

Regardless of what one thinks here the first preference will be Kohli for sure. If he plays well he'll seal his position for a long time' date=' otherwise obviously Rohit will get his chance. I feel we will see both of them playing for India regularly soon. One of the seniors must go after the Aus tour.[/quote'] laxman with his back problems will go soon. Hope it's after he gets to the 10k mark.

A similar situation arose during the 2003-2004 tour regarding the position of the opener. Akash Chopra and Sadagopan Ramesh were in contention; here Aakash Chopra had a somewhat successful debut series behind him against NZ at home (with scores of 42, 31, 60 and 52), and Sadagopan Ramesh was making a comeback. So here we had a new guy with a good technique who's made a decent debut at home VERSUS a comeback man who despite a poor technique, has been a seasoned campaigner and has played 19 Tests with an average of 38. One of the theories stated that the tour games will decide the selection, and though Ramesh did far better than Chopra in the couple of tour games they played, Chopra eventually got the nod. And the rest in history! Moral of the story - No matter what happens in the tour games, Kohli will get the nod.

A similar situation arose during the 2003-2004 tour regarding the position of the opener. Akash Chopra and Sadagopan Ramesh were in contention; here Aakash Chopra had a somewhat successful debut series behind him against NZ at home (with scores of 42, 31, 60 and 52), and Sadagopan Ramesh was making a comeback. So here we had a new guy with a good technique who's made a decent debut at home VERSUS a comeback man who despite a poor technique, has been a seasoned campaigner and has played 19 Tests with an average of 38. One of the theories stated that the tour games will decide the selection, and though Ramesh did far better than Chopra in the couple of tour games they played, Chopra eventually got the nod. And the rest in history! Moral of the story - No matter what happens in the tour games, Kohli will get the nod.
Agree wid you. Kohli eventually will get the nod. And I almost forgot about S Ramesh. He used to play fast bowling really well. Remember him playing against young S Akhtar. He was very comfortable against him. Aakash Chopra's problem was, he used to get starts but didnt convert them into big ones